College Hoops Sim League Thread | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

College Hoops Sim League Thread

got the SG i wanted, as well. JUCO, but will start immediately. Unfortunately, i didnt recruit the rest very well. Live and Learn. Looks like I will get a decent C I can redshirt, but not sure about the others.
What school do you have, again?

Feel free to chase the SG I wanted but didn't have room for, Jason Voetberg...good ball handling numbers so he could play point as well. 497 overall rating and I did the Future Stars thing on him and he has a bunch of "high" development categories. He's from Gary, Indiana.

Hey, since you FSS'd Indiana, can you check on Dan Davidson for me? See what he looks like? PG. Maybe Justin Farmer too?

Hey, since you FSS'd Indiana, can you check on Dan Davidson for me? See what he looks like? PG. Maybe Justin Farmer too?
Davidson: only high in speed and ball handling. Low in ATH, REB, shot blocking, passing. Average in everything else.
Farmer: high in passing, stamina, durability. Average in low post and free throws. Low in everything else.

Davidson: only high in speed and ball handling. Low in ATH, REB, shot blocking, passing. Average in everything else.
Farmer: high in passing, stamina, durability. Average in low post and free throws. Low in everything else.

Farmer's ATH is a killer. He has high WE tho.. but would that be enough to get his ATH up from 20?

Davidson looks decent, will need to improve his BH, but if he is high on that.. How much would that 28 work ethic kill me ya think?

Farmer's ATH is a killer. He has high WE tho.. but would that be enough to get his ATH up from 20?

Davidson looks decent, will need to improve his BH, but if he is high on that.. How much would that 28 work ethic kill me ya think?
Unless the guy is starting, that 28 WE will be a big time killer.

I scored one big man that I went really aggressive with the last 2 cycles before signings started. He has 90 in ATH right out the gate, 65 in WE and a lot of high potentials. This guy is going to be a fricken STUD!

I should be signing a C after this next cycle.. If so, I have a decent amount of money left, and was thinking about making a run at a D1 guy.

Thoughts OP? Don't think I've landed one yet, but havent really tried very hard

I should be signing a C after this next cycle.. If so, I have a decent amount of money left, and was thinking about making a run at a D1 guy.

Thoughts OP? Don't think I've landed one yet, but havent really tried very hard
This late in the game, hell yes go after him. If you lose, so what. Go strong though. Dont' save a single $$.. D1 guys can be the difference from 2-3 in conference and NT bid.

This late in the game, hell yes go after him. If you lose, so what. Go strong though. Dont' save a single $$.. D1 guys can be the difference from 2-3 in conference and NT bid.
I say spend because D1 guys being recruited by a D2 school are like Johnny Football's... go hard or don't go at all.. will have to spend to get him to really consider. Maybe throw some G'teed starter and other stuff at him. You can do what Boeheim did with Rak for 2 years... give him the start and shelf him after the first 3 minutes...

I say spend because D1 guys being recruited by a D2 school are like Johnny Football's... go hard or don't go at all.. will have to spend to get him to really consider. Maybe throw some G'teed starter and other stuff at him. You can do what Boeheim did with Rak for 2 years... give him the start and shelf him after the first 3 minutes...

I need to nail a solid PG.

How good of a D1 player should I be looking at? In Texas you have Justin Cave, who is a 572, or should I be realistic and go for a Billy Shim, who is a 510? (I dont like Justins WE, just using him for an example)

Alright, my next dilemma.. I have Brian Morris out of Baton Rouge, LA interested in me. Transfer, 3 years left. PG, 549. Pretty decent numbers.

I guess I could take a shot at a D1, and if he doesnt bite, make sure I save $100 to offer Brian a scholly.

You can only roll over 25% of your recruiting funds to the next season right? If I offered Brian now, and didnt spend anymore, that would allow me to roll over $2500 next season. Chump change, right?

Alright, my next dilemma.. I have Brian Morris out of Baton Rouge, LA interested in me. Transfer, 3 years left. PG, 549. Pretty decent numbers.

I guess I could take a shot at a D1, and if he doesnt bite, make sure I save $100 to offer Brian a scholly.

You can only roll over 25% of your recruiting funds to the next season right? If I offered Brian now, and didnt spend anymore, that would allow me to roll over $2500 next season. Chump change, right?
549 with three seasons left? Man, I would be all over that dude, personally. That's some solid potential right there.

CuseTroop said:
When the hell is the next cycle?
$2500 is 3 Campus Visits for a guy within 250 miles of you, a hell of an advantage next season. Also, just a rule of thumb, if a guy is ranked over 175 at his position, no chance he goes D2. Otherwise, they could very easily consider you.

Orangepace said:
$2500 is 3 Campus Visits for a guy within 250 miles of you, a hell of an advantage next season. Also, just a rule of thumb, if a guy is ranked over 175 at his position, no chance he goes D2. Otherwise, they could very easily consider you.

You have any info on Billy Shim? Texas PG?

CuseTroop said:

Attachments

• image-3326234045.jpg
    image-3326234045.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 39
CuseTroop said:
i don't love him as far as upside goes, but he's not terrible by any means.

Orangepace said:
i don't love him as far as upside goes, but he's not terrible by any means.

I think I'm just gonna offer that transfer, and bank the cash

CuseTroop said:
I think I'm just gonna offer that transfer, and bank the cash
if looking for a big man, this guy would be a steal...

Attachments

• image-344587473.jpg
    image-344587473.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 42
Orangepace said:
whoops, forgot to get his name in the shot... Thomas Specht

Orangepace said:
whoops, forgot to get his name in the shot... Thomas Specht

Man, hell yea, but I really think I need to beef up at PG... I have a good senior, and a soph that I think needs more time..

Lol idk man ugh

yikes. preseason #5... lofty expectations for my first season.

Question - the AI picked up a potentially good walk-on for me (i think). He has a 100 WE but starts as a 394. Should I offer him a ride and redshirt him? Or is he likely maxed out since he is a walk-on?

yikes. preseason #5... lofty expectations for my first season.

Question - the AI picked up a potentially good walk-on for me (i think). He has a 100 WE but starts as a 394. Should I offer him a ride and redshirt him? Or is he likely maxed out since he is a walk-on?

I've never seen a good walk-on. He deff wont grow if you redshirt him. I'd just let him ride pine, and see what happens. How many skill sets is he "blue" in?

Man, I needed the PG I took, but I really should have scooped this guy up. Taken my licks at the 1 for a season, and had a solid C. None of my current C's have very much upside

I need to recruit better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom