College Sports Tomorrow Super League of Extraordinary Teams | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

College Sports Tomorrow Super League of Extraordinary Teams

I have little doubt. The only way the SEC would have any interest is if they thought it was to their advantage to expand into the northeast. But there's been no hint of that I believe.
No, the SEC is never going to think about anything north of VA, except for Ohio ST. If Ohio ST were to leave the BT for the SEC, that would signal that the SEC has total victory for itself being THE 1 league in the Top Tier, which would no longer pretend to be NCAA. I'd be happy with that, as that would free all the rest of us to reform the old NCAA D1.

1000005142.jpg

My take at this mess.
Memphis added to keep Notre Dame Indy. They could make it work.

It works really nicely. 1995 called. They want their conferences back!

Unable to link at the moment. But anyone see the proposed divisions for the super league that leaked yesterday? I don’t think we are remotely close to it happening but the divisions looked great. Geographic pods that fit and made sense. Loved our northeast pod. It’s a Dream scenario, no matter how unlikely it really is.

Unable to link at the moment. But anyone see the proposed divisions for the super league that leaked yesterday? I don’t think we are remotely close to it happening but the divisions looked great. Geographic pods that fit and made sense. Loved our northeast pod. It’s a Dream scenario, no matter how unlikely it really is.

Scooch posted this in another thread...

tPHUK-proposed-super-league-divisions-1.png

our only shot with this logical plan is congress using this as a framework for regulation in college sports and using taxes as a cudgel to get college presidents to play ball. Obviously ADs and boosters have no incentive to do this if you are a big time program.

Similar to the NFL with the Cowboys and the Packers, you need a buy in from the big boys (Cowboys/Giants) to have the little guys (Pack).

It's smart to float it and make the BIG/SEC explain why this isn't a good idea. It's obviously the best idea.

This makes too much sense.

Ok KingOtto, I’m gonna need to see your counter so I can make an informed decision.

I’m ready to commit.

It is a little funny that the West is just the Pac-12, lol. But yes our division would be fantastic

It is a little funny that the West is just the Pac-12, lol. But yes our division would be fantastic
I'd expect there to be a move to increase the scholarship limit as part of this.

Agreed - I wish the divisions were either nine or eleven so you play a balanced home/away schedule in conference, but I guess the numbers would never work. I do like that we integrate promotion and relegation into it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom