College star who you thought would be a great pro..but wasnt. | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

College star who you thought would be a great pro..but wasnt.

i thought tom hammonds (georgia tech '85-89) was also a prototypical NBA PF. he lasted 10 yrs in the league mainly coming off the bench. i expected more.
Speaking of Georgia Tech, how about James Forrest. Dude had a chizzled frame and was a bad a@@ in college. I really thought he would flourish in the NBA.

Which one? Because if you've seen him lately, there is two of him! :)

Indeed.

Sweetney-is-fat.jpg

one more to add.. evan turner from OSU. 2nd overall pick a couple years ago.. already on 3rd team. he hasnt been awful on the celtics, has had 2 triple double in the last month. but he was really good at OSU that I thought he would be a bit better

Clifford Rozier Louisville
Corliss Williamson Arkansas
Lawrence Moten
Dion Glover Georgia Tech
Jay Williams Duke
Antoine Walker Kentucky

Randy Foye - He's been a decent pro, but I thought he'd be like a poor man's Dwyane Wade, all star level.

And from the same college backcourt, even though I liked him in college I never thought Kyle Lowry would be an NBA all star level player.

I saw Foye play in Denver on Wednesday night. He's like 30 pounds overweight (like many of the players on that team). Hard to make an impact in the NBA if you can't keep your body together.

How about Wayne McKoy. Didn't he peaked in 10th grade.

Billy Owens, Greg Oden, Ed O'Bannon and Jay Williams but injuries for all

As for the non injured Shawn Respert

Dion Waiters is getting there for me...thought his game would really translate well to the pros. Now he just settles for poor jumpers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom