Come sit with me tonight! | Syracusefan.com

Come sit with me tonight!

Can you also send a private jet to get me there? haha I wish I was in town
I live in DeWitt and usually park a mile from the Dome and walk in. But because it's so cold, my husband is going to drop me (us) off. We could do the same for whomever accepts this ticket.

This is one of those times where I feel like being completely irresponsible and leaving work, leaving my duties at home to my wife and thinking nothing but catching a flight to Syracuse (from South Carolina). The only problem is that I probably wouldn't get there in time. Thanks for the offer, beadle... VERY generous of you!

This is one of those times where I feel like being completely irresponsible and leaving work, leaving my duties at home to my wife and thinking nothing but catching a flight to Syracuse (from South Carolina). The only problem is that I probably wouldn't get there in time. Thanks for the offer, beadle... VERY generous of you!
HA HA HA HA! That's hilarious. (Do it. Do it.)

Okay, I'm heading back to work and no one has jumped on this yet. I will check my inbox at 2, 3 and 4.

Beadle, you actually inspired me to look into it. Probably the best (from a home, work and financial standpoint) although this could have been one the most spontaneous decisions that I've probably made since my days at 'Cuse. :(

Flying:

charlotte.JPG

Driving (no dice):
driving.JPG

Beadle, you actually inspired me to look into it. Probably the best (from a home, work and financial standpoint) although this could have been one the most spontaneous decisions that I've probably made since my days at 'Cuse. :(

Flying:

View attachment 54629

Driving (no dice):
View attachment 54630
It ain't gonna happen, NickNack! <SOB>

Ok, gotta see a client. This thread is tickling me. But I hope I get an affirmative from someone or I will feel vaguely leprous.

4:00. Okay, I'm going to see if someone here at work might want to go.

My daughter's back is hurt and the two people I wanted to offer her ticket to are sick. I have a free ticket for anyone who wants it. PM me.
I dunno. Sounds like you're a jinx... : )

I'd love to meet you someday. But, i'm in cold, rainy Los Angeles...

Flying:

View attachment 54629

Driving (no dice):
View attachment 54630

You gotta find a wife that works for the airlines.

In 2011 my buddy called me on a friday night and said I got Falk tix to Gtown Cuse tomorrow at NOON. Falk is David Falk. I was on the 7am flight to DCA and trained it to Clydes and drinking at 10am. Sat 2nd row behind the Cuse bench. Got into a fight with the Geico caveman, booed by the GTown student section, and caught a live ball only to be yelled at by the ref for not giving the ball back quick enough (i was pretending to box out my friends). Heavy drinking postgame celebrations and caught the 7pm back to Atlanta. Sat in 1st row in coach, only to be tapped by the flight attendant right before takeoff asking if i wanted to sit first class. 2 gin and tonics and a beer later, landed. Picked up by my wife, had a nice sushi dinner (highly intoxicated) and then met up with some buddies at a cigar bar in Atlanta.

flight (and tix) were free.

Also afforded me very easy and very cheap opportunities to Boston and DC sweet 16/elite 8's.

Now i have a 2 year old son and my wife isn't as cool as she used to be. :crazy:

In 2011 my buddy called me on a friday night and said I got Falk tix to Gtown Cuse tomorrow at NOON. Falk is David Falk. I was on the 7am flight to DCA and trained it to Clydes and drinking at 10am. Sat 2nd row behind the Cuse bench. Got into a fight with the Geico caveman, booed by the GTown student section, and caught a live ball only to be yelled at by the ref for not giving the ball back quick enough (i was pretending to box out my friends). Heavy drinking postgame celebrations and caught the 7pm back to Atlanta. Sat in 1st row in coach, only to be tapped by the flight attendant right before takeoff asking if i wanted to sit first class. 2 gin and tonics and a beer later, landed. Picked up by my wife, had a nice sushi dinner (highly intoxicated) and then met up with some buddies at a cigar bar in Atlanta.

Also afforded me very easy and very cheap opportunities to Boston and DC sweet 16/elite 8's.

Now i have a 2 year old son and my wife isn't as cool as she used to be. :crazy:
Um . . . um . . . WOW! Cusefan, didn't I talk to you about getting together to watch a game my last Christmas in Atlanta? Now I'm glad we weren't able to get it together. It probably saved my life! (Just kidding!) <maybe not kidding - whew!>

Um . . . um . . . WOW! Cusefan, didn't I talk to you about getting together to watch a game my last Christmas in Atlanta? Now I'm glad we weren't able to get it together. It probably saved my life! (Just kidding!) <maybe not kidding - whew!>

Im no longer CuseTroop. My last hurrah was the 2013 sweet 16 in DC and then the 2013 final 4 (coincidentally my son was born 9 months after the final 4)

4:00. Okay, I'm going to see if someone here at work might want to go.
I sold my tickets for tonight's game but I was almost tempted to drive two hours to take you up on your offer. I can't believe no one in CNY would want to go. I think Cuse is going to play well tonight. I hate to even type this but this could be a "Cooney" type of game.

Bballbeadle...It's impossible for me to get to the Dome in time for the game seeing as it's 5:19 pm and I live in Ocala, Florida. But dang!!! if there was a way I would be begging for that seat. So instead I will do this. I will be in that seat in spirit tonight and as I watch the game I will be imagining what it would be like to be there in that seat.

So if you feel an additional presence near where your seats are... it's me going bonkers for the Orange and hoping they can get this team back on track to rattle off some good wins as we trudge toward the season's finish line.

Enjoy the game!

Bballbeadle...It's impossible for me to get to the Dome in time for the game seeing as it's 5:19 pm and I live in Ocala, Florida. But dang!!! if there was a way I would be begging for that seat. So instead I will do this. I will be in that seat in spirit tonight and as I watch the game I will be imagining what it would be like to be there in that seat.

So if you feel an additional presence near where your seats are... it's me going bonkers for the Orange and hoping they can get this team back on track to rattle off some good wins as we trudge toward the season's finish line.

Enjoy the game!
Oooooooooooh. The metaphysical element. I'm IN!

Guys, I think several factors mitigated against me. Our team is losing. It's hard to watch. (Although so much better in the Dome so you can yell and at least impart energy to the team.) It's at 8 and it's cold. It's astonishing how many Syracuse fans we get to come to these night games in the winter on a week day - or week end!

Flacusian, I will sense your spirit with me and while I'm at it, sense everyone's spirit with me! Go Cuse!

Sushi? Perfect ending to the day would have been dinner at the Palm.

Thank you for the offer bbeadle. I would love to meet you someday but this is not the day, especially as I'm only seeing the post 20 minutes before tipoff and live in NYC. However at least I came on the board before tipoff, I haven't been able to keep track of the schedule so didn't even know we were playing tonight. Let's get a win for Hop's last game as HC for a few years!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom