Completely OT-Question about Canada | Syracusefan.com

Completely OT-Question about Canada

We Are Syracuse

All Conference
Anybody know of a city called Burnaby in Canada? Close to Vancouver. Thinking about playing for a school in Burnaby. Would be cool to hear feedback on it if any one knows about it or has been there. Internet can only do you so much. Supposed to be going on a visit maybe, but want to make sure its not a poop hole of a town.

Simon Fraser? Only did an internet search, but BC in general is beautiful. Never been to Burnaby, so I can't give any first-hand reviews. Good luck!

Simon Fraser? Only did an internet search, but BC in general is beautiful. Never been to Burnaby, so I can't give any first-hand reviews. Good luck!
That's what I heard. Cold and Rainy/snowy in winter. Nothing im not used to since being up in Maine. 25000 kids... Seems like a wicked cool school and area. Who knows how it will end up working out. But thanks, appreciate it!

That's what I heard. Cold and Rainy/snowy in winter. Nothing im not used to since being up in Maine. 25000 kids... Seems like a wicked cool school and area. Who knows how it will end up working out. But thanks, appreciate it!
Let us know how it works out.

Anybody know of a city called Burnaby in Canada? Close to Vancouver. Thinking about playing for a school in Burnaby. Would be cool to hear feedback on it if any one knows about it or has been there. Internet can only do you so much. Supposed to be going on a visit maybe, but want to make sure its not a poop hole of a town.
Its a Vancouver suburb. Beautiful City: markets, Stanley Park, Okanogan Valley, etc. Lots of boating. Good skiing at Whistler. Very expensive housing. Rainy, temperate climate. Not as cold as you would imagine. Burnaby once had a unique property tax. All tax oin land and none on improvements. Don't know if it is still in effect. Ferry access to Victoria and Vancouver Island. the crazies in Nanaimo put out to sea for a race in bathtubs with outboard engines once a year. Have fun.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom