Congrats to the Orange - you guys were great | Syracusefan.com

Congrats to the Orange - you guys were great

Wahoo2000

Walk On
Amazed at how well you guys played offensively in the second half yesterday. Even if we didn't tighten up and make a bunch of mistakes, I think UVA only wins that game by 3-5 points. You guys were THAT good. Super classy by some of your guys postgame to offer consolation to some of our veterans. Love it.

Never seen a Bennett team tighten up quite like that. I think they flashed the stat yesterday that we were 86-0 with a 10+ point halftime lead under Bennett. I think the upsets the last couple of years and our supposed "easy path" (according to Vegas and the media, not our guys) to the final 4 had them feeling a TON of pressure when your guys started making your run, especially with the hero-shots - namely those iso, step-back, deep, contested threes.

The game will sting for awhile. Still, considering where we were as a program just 5 years ago... to be DISAPPOINTED after an elite 8 finish? Just wow. That's not us, that's the 'Cuse/Louisville/UNC/Dukes of the world. And I also take some solace that unlike the Sampson years, this wasn't a run built around one player. We're good now because of our coach, and I don't think he's going anywhere just yet.

Good luck to you guys next Saturday, I'll be watching with great interest!

The trajectory of UVa is basically straight up right now. I think Bennett is my favorite coach of any opposing team. I was also super impressed with Brogdon in his pre-game (and even post game) interviews. Well spoken and mature guy.

I tried to get onto one of the UVA boards but kept being told to sign in or register even though my board name was posted on the top of the screen. So I will just tell you that the Hoo fans who have graced this board with their presence are the best ever. You may know a little about our feud with the Uconn fans, but you almost certainly don't know that many years ago, this board in its original iteration was formed with the help of two Uconn devotees, Fishy and Tom. And for quite a while we had a friendly rivalry with many Uconn posters. I'm not sure what exactly made the relationship curdle, but it has. But my point is, even in those relatively halcyon days, the Uconn crew were not the gentlemen (and perhaps ladies) that the Hoos fans have been in our short acquaintance. Maybe it's a southern thing, maybe not. If I may speak for the board, you are always welcome here. I'm happy that the Orange won on Sunday, but feel bad for you Hoos. Your day will come. Believe in it.

Nothing but love for Bennett and UVA fans.

I did a lot of driving this past week between Atlanta and Columbia, SC and listened to sports talk with our games coming up and the litany of big name coaches who raved about your head coach was seriously impressive. Bennett is easily my favorite coach not on Syracuse.

Bennett is the real eal. You have a lot to look forward to. His demeanor only makes him that much better of a man. It shows in his players. He will be back in the tourney again, and again, and again.

Amazed at how well you guys played offensively in the second half yesterday. Even if we didn't tighten up and make a bunch of mistakes, I think UVA only wins that game by 3-5 points. You guys were THAT good. Super classy by some of your guys postgame to offer consolation to some of our veterans. Love it.

Never seen a Bennett team tighten up quite like that. I think they flashed the stat yesterday that we were 86-0 with a 10+ point halftime lead under Bennett. I think the upsets the last couple of years and our supposed "easy path" (according to Vegas and the media, not our guys) to the final 4 had them feeling a TON of pressure when your guys started making your run, especially with the hero-shots - namely those iso, step-back, deep, contested threes.

The game will sting for awhile. Still, considering where we were as a program just 5 years ago... to be DISAPPOINTED after an elite 8 finish? Just wow. That's not us, that's the 'Cuse/Louisville/UNC/Dukes of the world. And I also take some solace that unlike the Sampson years, this wasn't a run built around one player. We're good now because of our coach, and I don't think he's going anywhere just yet.

Good luck to you guys next Saturday, I'll be watching with great interest!

Coach Bennett is the real deal! One of my favorite other than JB coaches. You guys will get your day (hopefully not our our expense). Thanks for the gracious words!

P.S. Being 1 or 2 seed and losing in the first or second round stings more in my opinion.

According to Coach Boeheim, you have the best coach that he coaches against "by a wide margin." Considering the company in the ACC, that's quite a compliment in which to take solace!

Mike Krzyzewski thinks that's AMAZING.

Edit: Didn't mean to hijack; very nice OP, sorry you guys got the rug pulled out from under you like that (though I'm not sorry for the scrub who was making faces on the Virginia bench, he's the worst). Your fans make some great contributions to this board - keep at it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom