Cornell Gameday... | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Gameday...

Difference is March is an assistant coach and not a head coach. Ask any ref and they’ll tell you the standards are different between the two. March needs to back off in a situation like this.

Saying that, the ref getting in his face + the ref’s affiliation with Cornell are both ridiculous and need to be addressed.
March should not have to tolerate a referee getting in his space and jabbing a finger in his face. As far as I’m concerned he showed restraint. He did not instigate the physical contact in any way. His only option would be to physically walk backwards as the guy came towards him in our substitution box to maintain the space between them. March is totally vindicated by the video IMO

March should have kept his mouth shut.

This is an immature team that has no idea how to do the critical things necessary to win a tight game ( like don't turn the ball over in OT). Hopefully, this is a lesson all will learn.

March has never received any sort of penalty since he came here in 2020. His level of working the refs is average at best compared to other coaches, and he has never crossed the line once since he has been here. This is a unique situation and everything I have seen so far makes it look like it was the ref who initiated the physical contact that lead to the 3 minute penalty. No matter what March said that ref has no right to get in his face in our substitution box and then throw a flag for March not moving away.

Would say the whole works for Cornell part of this is overall less important. I don’t think it is some kind of conspiracy, although it is crazy he refs Cornell games.

Most important thing from that thread is the video of the ref going into our box and getting in March’s face. No matter what the ref is affiliated with outside of the game, it is crazy that lead to a 3 minute penalty and ejection. We should be fighting this no matter what the deal is with the ref and Cornell. By fighting it I mean doing what it takes to get March on the sideline for UNC

Would say the whole works for Cornell part of this is overall less important. I don’t think it is some kind of conspiracy, although it is crazy he refs Cornell games.

Most important thing from that thread is the video of the ref going into our box and getting in March’s face. No matter what the ref is affiliated with outside of the game, it is crazy that lead to a 3 minute penalty and ejection. We should be fighting this no matter what the deal is with the ref and Cornell. By fighting it I mean doing what it takes to get March on the sideline for UNC
If Covid taught us anything March doesn’t even need to be in the same state to be on that sideline they all use iPads he can draw plays up remotely not ideal but if you think he won’t have his input on that game your crazy

Agreed, the work for Cornell thing is secondary but still very odd, NCAA really shouldn't allow that an I'd say the same if it was reversed. The official was totally out of control and clearly instigated that situation by trying to body March up like he was some sort of bouncer. NCAA has to address this.

I don’t believe it is secondary on any level it sets precedent for officials to officiate schools they have affiliations with it’s a HUGE deal The game should be at the least stricken from both teams records. SU lost a national championship because a coaches wife co signed a players wife’s car loan The ref had way more influence on the game then Nancy Simmons did

What was Joe Spallina talking about there being way more to the story?

the only way this isn’t a big deal is if Gait and SU had prior knowledge and agreed to allow him to officiate

Is march def suspended for next game? Is that confirmed or all speculation right now? I kinda feel if that is the case then should be known asap. Even tho game isn’t for another week that is a topic that should be made adware of right away. Has anybody with inside sources know if march is most def out for next game? If he isn’t then yes still big deal but rather just let it go if march is good to be on sidelines next game.

After watching the one video of ref in march face he throws one flag. March doesn’t seem removed at that point n then word def said n ref throws another flag n the ejection it seems. If i saw it correctly then how was march tossed for contact ? Something doesn’t add up. Did he tossed march for words ? pretty soft if so either way something doesn’t add up at all.

Is march def suspended for next game? Is that confirmed or all speculation right now? I kinda feel if that is the case then should be known asap. Even tho game isn’t for another week that is a topic that should be made adware of right away. Has anybody with inside sources know if march is most def out for next game? If he isn’t then yes still big deal but rather just let it go if march is good to be on sidelines next game.
i doubt cuse will be putting a press release out about it? maybe, ya never know. short of a stay of execution appeal, it has been posted repeatedly that he will have to sit out the next game. not speculation, nc$$ rules.

the video re: the ref/march is way too small and late for me to see what happened.

if there a better video or a way to enlarge from this source?

the call was missed but those missed calls happen multiple times a game. i doubt the single side is the only one allowed to call offside.

does #77 have a linked in page or what is his position? name's pretty common. that said, if he's been employed by cornell, that's pretty strange to be doing a game nowadays.

I disagree, I think it's equally as important. There are two very recent incidents (in March of this year) in other sports that do not tolerate this type of affiliation. So, it appears the precedent has been set and there are rules in place:
- 1st round of NCAA Women's basketball - ref replaced at halftime due to affiliation with school playing in game
- Soccer ref being replaced because he was spotted wearing a team he was reffing jersey

I also agree there are plenty of other circumstances but this is a pretty blatant oversight. It still does not condone the behavior of either the ref or Coach March.

Don't imagine we'll hear anything official until Gait's midweek presser next week. At the minimum it seems like this should be overturned based on the official's conduct, but I'm not holding my breath.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom