Cornell Gameday... | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Cornell Gameday...

So why did SU have him do games in the Dome if he hates SU?

It's almost like this doesn't happen a dozen times a yr, in like MLB, umps and coaches getting heated?

No idea what really happened here, maybe the 2 have a history, something set them off.

Video doesn't really tell the story either.

Last edited:
and just so people know you don't need to work for Cornell to get a Cornell email address.
Yes, i’ve heard from some very reliable sources that he has never worked for Cornell in any capacity

and just so people know you don't need to work for Cornell to get a Cornell email address.
It still smells bad just having a Cornell email address. It broadcasts: "affiliation".

so march actually never touched him ? As haven’t heard clarity on that. So dude really tossed him over words? WOW! This can be the undoing of our season or it can be the catalyst. Hopefully the latter. Also sounds like march was in charge of clearing also besides man down offense off course. So then gary do anything? I have never really questioned his coaching or what he does or don’t do. But i’m starting to wonder now. Yes ya hire good Ac to help and make your life easier. But thought they do it in HC system or instructions or something. I really don’t feel confident in this game when it comes. We absolutely can not lose that game. Wow just wow this really happening.

so march actually never touched him ? As haven’t heard clarity on that. So dude really tossed him over words? WOW! This can be the undoing of our season or it can be the catalyst. Hopefully the latter. Also sounds like march was in charge of clearing also besides man down offense off course. So then gary do anything? I have never really questioned his coaching or what he does or don’t do. But i’m starting to wonder now. Yes ya hire good Ac to help and make your life easier. But thought they do it in HC system or instructions or something. I really don’t feel confident in this game when it comes. We absolutely can not lose that game. Wow just wow this really happening.
man up offense i ment clearly. Also wonder if clearing was horrid cause no march which again brings me to what does Gait do? Does he really have no input during games of his own or own strategy or anything? Ehhhhh

Can I get a Cornell email address?? I don’t work for Cornell. I went to IC, but if I had a Cornell email address I could have some fun

Can I get a Cornell email address?? I don’t work for Cornell. I went to IC, but if I had a Cornell email address I could have some fun
And I attended Cornell as a student many many decades ago. Can I get a Cornell email address?

So why did SU have him do games in the Dome if he hates SU?

It's almost like this doesn't happen a dozen times a yr, in like MLB, umps and coaches getting heated?

No idea what really happened here, maybe the 2 have a history, something set them off.

Video doesn't really tell the story either.
Video doesn’t tell the story? You’re either related to this Miller human feces or you have dual detached retinas. Why would you ever defend this guy?

And I attended Cornell as a student many many decades ago. Can I get a Cornell email address?
Just saying. there are tons of cornell email addresses for people who dont work at cornell. Just like I am sure there are probably ones at Syracuse.

Dont know if students keep their emails.. Many Employees do though

March was obviously gone but Gary is the HC, where was the adjustments or something in the 4th when this O ground to a halt? How about showing us a designed play in OT for a game you have to have or something. I said it earlier but the CEO HC mentality might work in the women's game but it's unlikely to work at this level in the mens game.
I wouldn’t say Gary was the CEO type for the women’s team. He was very much in charge of the offense, and you could see it on game days. Hell he even created a new offensive system that some other teams tried to replicate but with little success.

I would say that he was assertive working the refs when it was needed. Certainly not in a screaming Petro or Tierney type way (that wouldn’t fly in the women’s game anyways) but he made his point.

As for the in game adjustments, they weren’t completely absent, but it certainly left something to be desired.

Gait being the “CEO” is such an exaggeration. People literally just assume he does very little and it’s based on nothing besides his sideline presence. Never agreed with it.

Also it’s not like the offense was unable to get good looks in the second half. Most of our lack of goals was due to dumb turnovers and poor shooting/finishing. It’s not like Cornell was forcing us to bad looks late in the shot clock. Watch the tape. Even in OTs we get two quality looks but can’t finish and the rest of the possessions end in dumb turnovers. Thomson stuffed on the crease, English misses the cage on an island, Rhoa stuffed on a low angle shot early in the shot clock. These are not scheme issues or issues due to March not being there! We will be totally fine against UNC. I have full confidence in the O

Well they better prepare for a ride. As unc and uva both do 10man ride so hope something is in place. We have to clear the ball everytime.

Watching the unc va uva game. Seems when uva takes duffy and even mcgovern out of game unc offense does nothing. Unc winning faceoff battle tho hopefully we can make that a even field when play them.

Watching the unc va uva game. Seems when uva takes duffy and even mcgovern out of game unc offense does nothing. Unc winning faceoff battle tho hopefully we can make that a even field when play them.

Key for UNC will be turnovers and their ride and face-offs. SU was horrific against Cornells ride and 10 man Tuesday

Cornell's goalie Knust continued his hot play today with 24 saves against Brown. Seems like a few things conspired to bite us against Cornell.

man up offense i ment clearly. Also wonder if clearing was horrid cause no march which again brings me to what does Gait do? Does he really have no input during games of his own or own strategy or anything? Ehhhhh
A lot of HCs let there coordinators coach. They have final say in everything but ur not gonna see a HC handling clearing or running an offense. That's in most sports. U have a few controlling HCs who will run the offense too but not often. HC over looks everything and makes the final decisions. Can't get on Gary for in game coaching. That is the coordinators job, Sure they can one on one coach or have input in huddles but to expect a HC to be coaching the offense or D during a game or clearing is not gonna happen.

McGovern had 3 goals hes the only one who could do anything. UVA is just a much better team. Duffy was shut down completely. UVA could have blown them out a lot worse but let up the 2nd half. SU should and must beat UNC.

McGovern had 3 goals hes the only one who could do anything. UVA is just a much better team. Duffy was shut down completely. UVA could have blown them out a lot worse but let up the 2nd half. SU should and must beat UNC.
This game will tell us if they learned anything from that disgusting mess at Cornell. Season on the brink.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom