cornell tv? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

cornell tv?

Im not sure how cornell managed to even score 9 goals.. they only won 7 faceoffs, had twice as many penalites. only touched the ball twice in the 3rd and the two best players were held scoreless.

worst effort by far of the year.

I think cornell has played a bit over their heads this year. much like syracuse though if they can keep the faceoff close to even they can stay in any game. one concern is how they have played the 2nd half of almost every game this year.

Why is the Cornell game always on a Tuesday instead of the weekend? I'm guessing the short travel time.

Apparently ESPN chose to show the Princeton-Lehigh game tonight rather than the SU-Cornell game.

Apparently ESPN chose to show the Princeton-Lehigh game tonight rather than the SU-Cornell game.

Is that game at Leight? With the game at Cornell the Ivy League has the TV rights. This is on them for no TV. People on laxpower have indicated there is a video feed via the ivy league website but I checked and it looks like just Audio

JeremyCuse said:
Is that game at Leight? With the game at Cornell the Ivy League has the TV rights. This is on them for no TV. People on laxpower have indicated there is a video feed via the ivy league website but I checked and it looks like just Audio

Game is at Princeton.

As I indicated previously, the Ivy website made it appear that video coverage was available. If so, the cheapest option is to buy a 1-day Cornell pass for $9.95.

Odd to say the least then. But cant blame Syracuse this is all on Cornell and the Ivy League. Absolute awful job by them.
You may be right. The website is confusing. It's unclear if they list all games, or just those for which coverage is available. TGD & TW should've approached Cornell & the Ivy League, perhaps they did. They might even have been able to sell their production to ESPN3.

You may be right. The website is confusing. It's unclear if they list all games, or just those for which coverage is available. TGD & TW should've approached Cornell & the Ivy League, perhaps they did. They might even have been able to sell their production to ESPN3.

I would like to assume that TW approached Cornell to have this game televised. I mean Cornell was #1 or 2 and undefeated up until Saturday. How in the world no one picked this game up for TV is mindboggling. The ESPN 3 thing is out because of the IVY league digital network. That website is definitely confusing, I feel like its 1996 on that website. All in all this feels like its the early 90's when most games werent' televised and you had to listen to the radio, in 2014 the game should be televised.

As I indicated previously, the Ivy website made it appear that video coverage was available. If so, the cheapest option is to buy a 1-day Cornell pass for $9.95.
choose cornell as the school and you get a small list of events.. free audio then watch live.

Dave Rahme‏@daverahme4 mins
Game-time about 35 minutes away. With no TV and a 10-minute half, should be a quick one.

There appears to be video as well. Cuse.com links to the Ivy League site for video coverage.

Syracuse Lacrosse‏@SUMensLax4 mins
'Cuse vs. @CornellLacrosse is t-4th oldest rivalry in DI lax. Teams have played 98 times. 'Cuse leads, 62-35-1.

It's a shame that some people want the rivalry to end.

What's the reasoning behind that? This is big time rivalry for both schools and college lacrosse.

Also, the games notes on the SU site says this is the 99th meeting between these two, and the Cornell site says this is the 101st meeting with the extra two games being Big Red victories. Who has their facts correct?

Also, the games notes on the SU site says this is the 99th meeting between these two, and the Cornell site says this is the 101st meeting with the extra two games being Big Red victories. Who has their facts correct?
I believe the games in question were during WWII.

Syracuse Lacrosse‏@SUMensLax4 mins
'Cuse vs. @CornellLacrosse is t-4th oldest rivalry in DI lax. Teams have played 98 times. 'Cuse leads, 62-35-1.

It's a shame that some people want the rivalry to end.

Two games that should always be on the schedule are Cornell and Hobart. I would also like Colgate on that list but won't be too greedy.

I know it's a traditional game, and I have traveled to Geneva many times (esp back when they were D-III champs a hundred years in a row), but frankly I feel very ambivalent towards Hobart now. I wouldn't miss them at all.

I agree with Dave Rahme in his IL article that the Cornell game should be played on a Saturday, considering these are the only two traditional powerhouse programs in NY. Maybe make it the final game of the season for both teams. The turnout will probably be bigger and the weather a little more accommodating. May even get televised by ESPN.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom