Credit Card Doug | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Credit Card Doug

Uh wha?!?

Two arguments align with each other = congruent argument.

Argument 1 for why SU won:
Zone
Selective offensive shots

Argument 2 for why SU won:
Defense
High percentage shots

DouggieBoy is trying to make a point using mutually exclusive arguments, and he screwed the pooch.

At least,this is my understanding of what he is trying to say.

Hey Doug hope you are enjoying this weekend so far. Cuse 2-0 and your ND boys got spanked yesterday at home to Penn State.
How many credits did he get at nd

Bomani jones was talking trash all afternoon about jb... i think he may have jumped gottlieb in the most hated category

Bomani jones was talking trash all afternoon about jb... i think he may have jumped gottlieb in the most hated category

He really thinks he’s onto something with that “zones are for cowards” garbage.

He seems like both a casual and meathead college b-ball fan.

Funniest thing was he also was mad Boeheim fouled when up 3. And in the replies some mouthbreather said that it was proof that Boeheim didn’t trust his team to make a play in the final seconds or in overtime. Unknowledgeable sports fans who still talk are the worst. Just read and listen.

Havent heard sup? Since like 1995 and it was ridiculous then.

The funny thing is he was replying to antweet by brent axe that contained sup. I think gottlieb was actually making fun of brent by writing sup? Like What.

Still hate him though. He dishes out so many backhanded compliments and called syracuse untalented. Like oshae and battle dont have talent.

He heard the term once and forgot to look it up (assuming he knows how to look it up).

Congruent arguments

Congruent arguments

One possible way to establish a group of advice declarations is to compare argument lists. Any two advice declarations with congruent argument lists would be in the same group, for some suitable definition of `congruent.' This would probably be a poor idea; just consider how hard it would be to express that two advice declarations should actually be independent of each other even though they might be enabled at the same program point and they do have congruent argument lists. In particular, it would be hard to avoid unintended grouping of advice from different aspects, possibly written by programmers in different organizations.
There’s literally no such thing, other than that random drivel somebody wrote on an Internet blog in 2003. Really, no such thing as “congruent argument”.

The term congruent is most commonly used in geometry, describing similar shapes (same angles, different length).

Congruent means in agreement, similar, harmonious. If the term congruent argument did actually exist, then it would mean a similar argument. That’s not what Dougie stated in his example. Saying an at large pick is justified because the team won 3 games in the tourney is not the same argument as saying an at large shouldn’t have received a bid because they lost in the first round. Doug struggles with mathematical principles, most notably logic.

There’s literally no such thing, other than that random drivel somebody wrote on an Internet blog in 2003. Really, no such thing as “congruent argument”.

The term congruent is most commonly used in geometry, describing similar shapes (same angles, different length).

Congruent means in agreement, similar, harmonious. If the term congruent argument did actually exist, then it would mean a similar argument. That’s not what Dougie stated in his example. Saying an at large pick is justified because the team won 3 games in the tourney is not the same argument as saying an at large shouldn’t have received a bid because they lost in the first round. Doug struggles with mathematical principles, most notably logic.

Agreed, I was trying to point out that Gottlieb didn't know what he was talking about. Thus, my explanation that this was as close to my understanding of what he was saying as opposed to what he meant. I had to look it up and only found one source. I never heard of it either until Gottlieb's post, but I will look things up to learn new things. I rarely agree with Dougie and don't agree with him regarding this statement.

Bomani just blocked me on Twitter because I asked what his basketball background was to be calling zone cowardly and Boeheim not in same class as Izzo/Pitino.

I used to like the guy too, it turns out he is just a common twitter attention troll.

What's crazy is if you look at our resume and schedule. We deserved to be in. We don't pass the eye test at all. But we are deserving. I mean look at our schedule. We played 6 conference tournament champions... Look at the list of tournament teams we played

Virginia (2x)
UNC (2x)
Duke
Clemson
Miami
Florida State
Virginia Tech
NC State
Kansas
St Bonaventures
Buffalo
Texas Southern
Iona

What I liked about our schedule is not only did we played elite teams like Kansas, Duke, Virginia, and UNC but then we played small schools like Texas Southern, Buffalo, Bonnies, and Iona that all won their conference tourneys... They are not easy wins at all.

You sir, are being obtuse :rolling:

Bomani just blocked me on Twitter because I asked what his basketball background was to be calling zone cowardly and Boeheim not in same class as Izzo/Pitino.

I used to like the guy too, it turns out he is just a common twitter attention troll.[/QUO
Have never liked him. He is annoying the limited times I have seen him cant even recall the programs he comes on really. Can't even recall the things he waa speaking on but he said some garbage more than a few times. Guys strange.

I used to like the guy too, it turns out he is just a common twitter attention troll.
Seems to me that blocking someone from your twitter account because you disagree with what they say is cowardly.

Classic example of Sour Grape Syndrome when you should be eating crow, but won’t. Such a whiner.

Agree 100%. He's a sensationalist and plays the odds with his H0T Takes, and then crosses his fingers and hopes that we would prove him right. When we don't, he's not man enough to back off his hot take.

Total sour grapes on his part.

DYm9pdVXUAEslKO.jpg

He’s wrong. The committee is charged with choosing the best at large teams. Twice now they’ve chosen Syracuse and we’ve proved them right.

that's exactly it. the committee determined we belonged and we proved them right. that's all that has to be said to doogie.

Last edited:
I think Bomani is more of a character/sensationalist who might not genuinely believe everything he says.
He blocked me on Twitter a few years ago. We were arguing about JB.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom