Curb Your Enthusiasm Renewed for Season 12 | Syracusefan.com

Curb Your Enthusiasm Renewed for Season 12

“Playing the role of Larry David has been the greatest honor of my life,” David says in a statement. “In researching this multi-faceted, multi-talented man, I discovered that there’s more to him than I ever could have imagined: He speaks six languages, brines his own pickles and spearheads a national movement to install a bidet in every home. I’ve also been told from numerous sources that he is the most generous of lovers. I am so excited to once again transform into this force of nature. I only pray that I can do him justice.”

I sometimes forget to mention it when talking “greatest shows ever”, because for whatever reason people tend to focus on dramatic stuff for that award.

But Curb just might be the best show to me. It’s Curb, The Wire, and Breaking Bad - which are all very different and this difficult to compare. But those 3 are on another level than everything else as my favorites.

When a Curb scene really hits, it’s just the funniest thing ever.

Episode 1 is tonight at 10:05 pm EST.

LFG, Larry, Leon, Jeff, Susie & Richard! After another lost sports season, I'm counting on you to deliver.

Overall, first episode was ok, not great, IMO.

This is hilarious to me:

It was pretty good [pretty... pretty...].

They packed a lot of little stuff in that was funny, like the JG Wentworth, Siri mishearing, etc.

Lots of stuff. Agree that it wasn't "great," but that's just based on the CYE scale of being higher caliber than just about everything else.

Just a note, a guy that was in my fraternity with me at Syracuse is going to be in two episodes of curb as Larry’s adversary.

Too bad. He was a good part of this show from the beginning.

I say this with no trace of malice, but I was surprised to see that he was "only" 76 -- he's looked older than that, for a long time.

But RIP. Will be strange to watch the rest of this final season knowing that he's passed on.
He didn’t look healthy for years. Not sure if that’s just what he looked like or something was wrong

He didn’t look healthy for years. Not sure if that’s just what he looked like or something was wrong
He had a kidney transplant a number of years ago, and had more recently been diagnosed with Parkinson's.

there was an episode last season where larry is sitting next to richard at some event and says something along the line of "when are you going to die already ?"

I thought after last week that this series will end very much like Seinfeld. The signs are pointing that way.

I thought after last week that this series will end very much like Seinfeld. The signs are pointing that way.

Interesting that they are both leading up to a trial.

Interesting that they are both leading up to a trial.

In Seinfeld the trial was used to bring back all of the old characters for a final good bye. I would not be surprised one bit if the same happens.

“But you did the Seinfeld finale, right?”

Keeps coming up, so yeah I bet it’s similar.

In Seinfeld the trial was used to bring back all of the old characters for a final good bye. I would not be surprised one bit if the same happens.

Coincidentally, just watched the Seinfeld finale in the last week -- and it occurred to me while watching it that both shows seem to be trending toward a similar conclusion.

Which is a bit funny, given all the blowback the Seinfeld writing team got back in 1999.

For the record, I didn't think that the Seinfeld finale was as bad as many do, and it was certainly better / more satisfying than a lot of people did when it originally aired.

Catching up on Curb, I'm on episode 9.

Nice early episode Syracuse hat placement on the extra sitting outside after they leave the restaurant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom