Cuse and growing NBA presence | Syracusefan.com

Cuse and growing NBA presence

Rocco

Watching you.
This is pointing out the obvious, but it's great to see that SU is building quite the pipeline in the NBA. It is so great to see Rak and AO get final roster spots.

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

I fully expect to see Lydon and Battle there soon, but I'm ok with them taking their time here.

Go Cuse!

This is pointing out the obvious, but it's great to see that SU is building quite the pipeline in the NBA. It is so great to see Rak and AO get final roster spots.

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

I fully expect to see Lydon and Battle there soon, but I'm ok with them taking their time here.

Go Cuse!

Christmas (Indiana) and AO (Orlando) both made final rosters as well.

Syracuse basketball's Rakeem Christmas makes Indiana Pacers' roster

Arinze Onuaku will make Orlando Magic's opening-night roster (report)

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

Go Cuse!
I think we see Howard there also... you can't teach vision like he has along with his size and athletic ability. I think he was the best passer on the team by the end of last year which is impressive given that squad had 2 NBA players and one Euroleague player on it. If he can prove that he can even be an average contributor on offense and get more confident with his handle, I think he could stick.

I think we see Howard there also... you can't teach vision like he has along with his size and athletic ability. I think he was the best passer on the team by the end of last year which is impressive given that squad had 2 NBA players and one Euroleague player on it. If he can prove that he can even be an average contributor on offense and get more confident with his handle, I think he could stick.

I am intrigued by Howard. Yes, he has great vision and the size to go along with it, but I want to see more development from him. He could very well end up getting a shot, too.

I don't ever remember this many guys on active NBA rosters at once.

Boeheim, Hopkins & Co are geniuses. ;)

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

Go Cuse!
Might need to remove Ennis from that list :(

Rockets' Tyler Ennis: Expected to be waived

Edit: Now a report that the Rockets changed their minds and will waive Prigioni instead. :noidea:

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

Go Cuse!

It's nice to have a solid number in the NBA, and out of the rest, 4 or 5 are pretty low on the dept chart, the rest are one mistake away from playing in the D league. It's quite possible that list is cut in half in a month.

It's nice to have a solid number in the NBA, and out of the rest, 4 or 5 are pretty low on the dept chart, the rest are one mistake away from playing in the D league. It's quite possible that list is cut in half in a month.
The only people I see not finishing on a roster are AO probably(hope not) and possibly Ennis, and that's because he might not fit in Houston.

MCW will be exactly what Bulls needs him for, backup and defense.

In Raks case I'm not tip sure but I believe they don't have any other bigs to go with over Rak.

McCollough is in a great spot in the fact he's on a terrible team and there aren't better options.(Hopefully) Basically the same thing goes for Grant except Grant has the skills to be on most rosters.

Gbinijie and Richardson are rookies so they'll get a year before going anywhere.

Then Wesley Johnson is the prototypical 3-D wing player for the NBA so he'll carve out a roster spot somewhere if it isn't on the Clippers.

That leaves Melo and Dion. Only way they aren't on rosters is if they retire.

The only people I see not finishing on a roster are AO probably(hope not) and possibly Ennis, and that's because he might not fit in Houston.

In Raks case I'm not tip sure but I believe they don't have any other bigs to go with over Rak.

McCollough is in a great spot in the fact he's on a terrible team and there aren't better options.(Hopefully) Basically the same thing goes for Grant except Grant has the skills to be on most rosters.

Gbinijie and Richardson are rookies so they'll get a year before going anywhere.

Then Wesley Johnson is the prototypical 3-D wing player for the NBA so he'll carve out a roster spot somewhere if it isn't on the Clippers.

Rak and G are both the last guys on the roster, Ennis was a hair shy of being unemployed. Richardson could EASILY be sent to the D-League. That's 4 right there that could end up unemployed or in the D-League.

McCullough and Grant have places because they play on the two worst teams in the league. Johnson, MCW, are 7-9th guys.

Not sure why you broke my post down player by player when you pretty much didn't really post much to disagree with what I said.

White could get a shot too with a postseason run. Also Thompson could be another guy down the road with his measurables and skill set.

Rak and G are both the last guys on the roster, Ennis was a hair shy of being unemployed. Richardson could EASILY be sent to the D-League. That's 4 right there that could end up unemployed or in the D-League.

McCullough and Grant have places because they play on the two worst teams in the league. Johnson, MCW, are 7-9th guys.

Not sure why you broke my post down player by player when you pretty much didn't really post much to disagree with what I said.

What makes it tough for Christmas and Gbinije is they are both on what should be good teams, so it will be tough to get minutes. Awesome that they both made it though, hope they stick. Van Gundy sounded really high on Gbinije after the draft.

Richardson could go down if he's not playing much as he is so young and I'm sure they want him getting PT. But I would think he'll at least spend a good amount of the year up and getting PT. He's likely on the right team for it, as they are not good and don't appear to have a long term SG solution on the roster with Afflalo being a veteran stop gap guy, and McLemore they've been trying to trade. I wouldn't be surprised if Malachi starts a number of games for them late in the season, like Ennis and McCollough did last year.

Might need to remove Ennis from that list :(

Rockets' Tyler Ennis: Expected to be waived

Edit: Now a report that the Rockets changed their minds and will waive Prigioni instead. :noidea:
This settles the "should have come back" debate for Ennis once and for all. He maximized his value by going pro and getting 1st round money. Waiting a year longer would have only exposed the weaknesses in his game. Hopefully he can stick with the Rockets.

wes johnson signed a 3 yr 17ish mil deal. he aint getting cut.

wes johnson signed a 3 yr 17ish mil deal. he aint getting cut.

Wes hasn't lived up to the high draft selection, but he's gotten minutes his whole career, and has been a starter for much of it. Not sure why people often act like he's close to being out.

Jerami may have been lucky to land with the Sixers at first. But he's shown that he belongs in the league, and he can be a rotation contributor on a solid team.

Which someday the Sixers might be...

its nice to have depth but in all honesty a program of our level should have at least 6-8 in the league at any given time and a few of them at least better than mid-level. about half of NBA alums being starter/occasional all-star types.

so, if I were playing a team of only the list above...

I'd start Mickey Dubz and Dion in the backcourt and Melo, Grant and AO up front.

you?

so, if I were playing a team of only the list above...

I'd start Mickey Dubz and Dion in the backcourt and Melo, Grant and AO up front.

you?

PG MCW
SG Dion
SF Melo
PF Rak
C AO

1) MCW
2) Dion
3) Wes
4) Melo
5) AO

2nd team
1) Gbinije
2) Malachi
3) Grant
4) McCullough
5) Rak

Sorry Ennis. We love you, we promise.

Wes hasn't lived up to the high draft selection, but he's gotten minutes his whole career, and has been a starter for much of it. Not sure why people often act like he's close to being out.

no matter how he plays, hes not going anywhere with 17 mil guaranteed. and even if he does - hes still getting that 17 million which will take his career earnings to over $31 million + whatever endorsement income he has made.

Carmelo
Waiters
MCW
Ennis
Grant
McCullough
Wes Johnson
Gbinje
Richardson

Go Cuse!

Here is the question - how many wins does this team get? 30?

MCW/Ennis/Silent G
DION/Mali
MELO/Wes
GRANT/McCullough/Rak
AO

1) MCW
2) Dion
3) Wes
4) Melo
5) AO

2nd team
1) Gbinije