Potential nbaers on this years team

Howard
Battle
White
Lydob
Roberson
Thompson
Chukwu

Number of players currently in the NBA according to this neat site. I just grabbed teams of interest and might have missed a couple big programs, but it is clear Syracuse is moving into elite territory in this area as well:

Alumni Tracker

Kentucky 24
Duke 21
Kansas 15
UNC 15
Arizona 15
UCLA 15
Syracuse 11
Florida 10
Michigan State 9
Washington 9
LSU 8
Texas 8
Michigan 7
UNLV 6
UL 5
Wake Forest 5
Georgia Tech 5
Indiana 5
Ohio State 5
Wisconsin 5
Georgetown 5
Stanford 5
USC 5
Villanova 5
Maryland 5
UConn 5
Miami 4
UVa 4
Oregon 4
Notre Dame 3
Clemson 2
NC State 2
St Johns 2
BC 2
Florida St 1
Penn St 1
Pitt 1

Number of players currently in the NBA according to this neat site. I just grabbed teams of interest and might have missed a couple big programs, but it is clear Syracuse is moving into elite territory in this area as well:

Alumni Tracker

Kentucky 24
Duke 21
Kansas 15
UNC 15
Arizona 15
UCLA 15
Syracuse 11
Florida 10
Michigan State 9
Washington 9
LSU 8
Texas 8
Michigan 7
UNLV 6
UL 5
Wake Forest 5
Georgia Tech 5
Indiana 5
Ohio State 5
Wisconsin 5
Georgetown 5
Stanford 5
USC 5
Villanova 5
Maryland 5
UConn 5
Miami 4
UVa 4
Oregon 4
Notre Dame 3
Clemson 2
NC State 2
St Johns 2
BC 2
Florida St 1
Penn St 1
Pitt 1
So our old rivals (Yukon and Georgetown) have five each and our new rivals (Duke and UNC) have 21 and 15. The King is dead. Long live the King!!!

Alumni Tracker

Kentucky 24
Duke 21
Kansas 15
UNC 15
Arizona 15
UCLA 15
Syracuse 11
Florida 10
Michigan State 9
Washington 9
LSU 8
Texas 8
Michigan 7
UNLV 6
UL 5
Wake Forest 5
Georgia Tech 5
Indiana 5
Ohio State 5
Wisconsin 5
Georgetown 5
Stanford 5
USC 5
Villanova 5
Maryland 5
UConn 5
Miami 4
UVa 4
Oregon 4
Notre Dame 3
Clemson 2
NC State 2
St Johns 2
BC 2
Florida St 1
Penn St 1
Pitt 1

What sticks out to me is how hard is is to make it and stick in the NBA. There are simply not that many spots and these kids have to compete with returning players and international players.

Way under on 30. There's basically one legit NBA starter on that team. Grant/MCW/Dion are all bench players at this point, and there's no depth behind AO, and he's not very good either.

That team would need at least a 2nd big time player along side Melo and a legit center. Still even then as you point out your back court is comprised of more or less bench players and then unproven guys behind them.

Way under on 30. There's basically one legit NBA starter on that team. Grant/MCW/Dion are all bench players at this point, and there's no depth behind AO, and he's not very good either.

you are prob right on under 30. but MCW, Dion, Melo and Grant are 4 legit starters.

3 are not stars - but they can all start just fine.

Agreed, though I think Dion and MCW are starters on certain teams. Borderline starters I'd say. Problem there is they are both subpar 3 point shooters for their position, making them a poor fit together. I'd say this is a 15 win team. 1 all star and 5 legit rotation players total is not going to win much.

Agreed, though I think Dion and MCW are starters on certain teams. Borderline starters I'd say. Problem there is they are both subpar 3 point shooters for their position, making them a poor fit together. I'd say this is a 15 win team. 1 all star and 5 legit rotation players total is not going to win much.

Ha, well, probably teams that win fewer than 30 games. I really don't think MCW is a starter at all anymore. Dion is borderline for some of the worst teams in the league probably.

My first thought when seeing that backcourt was there are going to be a TON of missed shots.

you are prob right on under 30. but MCW, Dion, Melo and Grant are 4 legit starters.

Can't really agree. Jerami Grant started 52 games last year for a team that won 10 games. MCW's stock is w ay down. Dion would likely start on some teams in the league, so maybe you can fight me on that one. But generally, if a team is starting players like those guys, they aren't very good.

Ha, well, probably teams that win fewer than 30 games. I really don't think MCW is a starter at all anymore. Dion is borderline for some of the worst teams in the league probably.

My first thought when seeing that backcourt was there are going to be a TON of missed shots.

Can't really agree. Jerami Grant started 52 games last year for a team that won 10 games. MCW's stock is w ay down. Dion would likely start on some teams in the league, so maybe you can fight me on that one. But generally, if a team is starting players like those guys, they aren't very good.

YOu know what is required if there are good teams?

Bad teams. And they have to start players.

YOu know what is required if there are good teams?

Bad teams. And they have to start players.

Fair enough, i just mean, what % of the players in the NBA could have started for last year's Sixers? I don't think you'd consider all of them to be starters in the sense I meant it, at least.

Here is the question - how many wins does this team get? 30?

MCW/Ennis/Silent G
DION/Mali
MELO/Wes
GRANT/McCullough/Rak
AO

About 20. They would maybe be better than Brooklyn and that's probably it.

Legit in what way? 1 of them is an actual NBA starter on a decent team and now Dion might be just because he fell into a situation where Wade left late and Miami had no other options available at that point.

Legit in what way? 1 of them is an actual NBA starter on a decent team and now Dion might be just because he fell into a situation where Wade left late and Miami had no other options available at that point.

MCW has started 170/190 in his career
Grant started 52/72 last year
Dion has started 110/289 and has been utilized as a 6th man for instant offense the last 3 years. WIll probably start this year.

I didnt say the 3 were stars. But they are starters. Legit that way.

Might need to remove Ennis from that list :(

Rockets' Tyler Ennis: Expected to be waived

Edit: Now a report that the Rockets changed their minds and will waive Prigioni instead. :noidea:

No matter what happens with Ennis he left at the perfect time. His stock peaked after his freshman year. If he stayed he'd be Chris Thomas 2.0.

I think Silent G/Dion/Melo/McCullough(Maybe Rak)/Grant is a better lineup

Any of the lineups wouldn't be any good. No matter what, you basically have no size. I'd need to see Mike do something at the NBA level before I put h im in there though. I don't think MCW is great, or even good, but he's an NBA player.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom