Custis and Womack ? | Syracusefan.com

Custis and Womack ?

orangezen

All Conference
Whats the story on them nnot suiting .? was looking forward to seeing them play

I am aware they were injured just wonder about how,what and for how long

There were a lot of players not in pads. Interesting since most coaches don't want kids on the sidelines if they aren't playing. Were all of them injured or are some of them red shirting?

I believe I saw Womack in the game in the third quarter.

Syracuse football-Colgate pregame observations: CB Wayne Morgan, WR Jamal Custis out

Here are some other key inactives:

• Freshman defensive end Jaquwan Nelson
  • Sophomore wide receiver Kenterius Womack
  • Sophomore inside receiver Tyrone Perkins
  • Freshman quarterback Rex Culpepper
  • Freshman linebacker Tim Walton
  • Freshman safety Devon Clarke*
  • Freshman offensive lineman Liam O'Sullivan
  • Freshman offensive lineman Mike Clark
  • Junior walk-on inside receiver Clay Austin*
  • Freshman walk-on quarterback Mo Hasan

If Womack isn't going to get a lot of run this year why not redshirt him. Something prior staff should have done with him last year.
I know he's a fan favorite but he's just not skilled enough to be a P5 WR. He's a great athlete but most likely will never make an impact unless our recruiting fall apart.

Butler and Riley as true fresh will Get more run than him and hopefully with this offense recruiting big time WR will be much easier.

I have to believe next year Palmer, Thompson, and maybe Johnson will all come in and see more time.

I know he's a fan favorite but he's just not skilled enough to be a P5 WR. He's a great athlete but most likely will never make an impact unless our recruiting fall apart.

Butler and Riley as true fresh will Get more run than him and hopefully with this offense recruiting big time WR will be much easier.

I have to believe next year Palmer, Thompson, and maybe Johnson will all come in and see more time.
Skills can be learned. Kevin Johnson was a qb when he stepped on campus and left a second round draft pick. Few of us know what his capacity is to adapt and learn. With the reps this staff demands in practice he'll have a chance to develop. It's too early to write him off.

Skills can be learned. Kevin Johnson was a qb when he stepped on campus and left a second round draft pick. Few of us know what his capacity is to adapt and learn. With the reps this staff demands in practice he'll have a chance to develop. It's too early to write him off.

I get what you are saying but you can't compare him to KJ. It's not far to Womack. KJ had pro type athleticism and it was saw right away.

Womack is in his second year and it doesn't look like he is going to see run on offense this year. If he can make it happen by his junior year (next year) then it's going to be tough for him and it's probably best for the team not to have a scholarship tried up with him for 5 years. Most kids don't make big jumps as upper class man. You can usually see it early.

From everything seen and heard he's a a good kid but Dino is looking for different types of athletes.

Womack is also having a proablem putting on weight. Both staffs have tried and it isn't sticking.

Like I said he's probably a great kid and cont grates to him on getting a full ride at Syr but he don't take up another scholly for a 5th year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom