cutting out cable | Syracusefan.com

cutting out cable

FireballPhil

2nd String
I know this has probably been discussed before, but how good is Orange all access? I am thinking about getting it and air play it from my Ipad mini to my apple tv. Does anyone have it, and how does it work?

I asked this question about a year ago. I got very little response, but most was VERY negative.

Not even sure they carry games that we expect them to carry?

Back in the stone age, when you could crack the password and watch free, I tried it...I gave up after a week or two. It can't be as bad as it was then...can it?

Oct 16th to Dec 27th thats a three month subscription for 10 events at 11 dollars a month now.

Not great quality sometimes the sound goes down . Used to be a pain to log on and off but they fixed that part :)

It is the only option for watching those out of conference lower mid major games early on for out of towners that I know of. In the past you could rewatch the games later at better quality for a month or two I am guessing that will remain.

Two years ago I signed up for it. What a complete waste. They would only broadcast home games and only games that are not being televised by somebody. Think I might have got a total of two games. Could very well be a good deal for other SU sports, but not for BB. Of course, perhaps the protocols have now changed.

I never had a problem with their live streaming and I used it for years for pre-season. You can pay by the month and just use it for one month to get the first 2 exhibition games. As mentioned, it is only for home games.

The reception problems that are being reported are due to transmission and carriers. It has nothing to do with the signal provided by SU Athletics. Maybe someone that knows more about transmission can explain why a person might get better reception for ESPN3 than SU Athletics. Both have always been error free for me.

Last edited:
well crap. There goes that then. Thanks guys. At least now I know. Who knows, maybe have to get sling in the future.

I use it every year. It has gotten slightly better but is no where near as good as ESPN 3. It used to be 80% of the time, it was like you are watching a slide show and or Lego men running around. Now that only happens about 20% of the time. I'm a nut, so I still watch it because I'm not going to miss a game even against Canisius if I can help it.

HoustonCuse said:
I use it every year. It has gotten slightly better but is no where near as good as ESPN 3. It used to be 80% of the time, it was like you are watching a slide show and or Lego men running around. Now that only happens about 20% of the time. I'm a nut, so I still watch it because I'm not going to miss a game even against Canisius if I can help it.
Bingo, I'm not missing a game.

Do they at least keep an archive of full game replays they dont broadcast live?

well crap. There goes that then. Thanks guys. At least now I know. Who knows, maybe have to get sling in the future.
I hate paying Time Warner what I pay each month but I've accepted the fact. Overall they are not bad and nothing beats sitting there on a lazy day flipping the channels and finding some intriguing game or some old movie or show that's a real classic. Even the renovation shows and stuff like that can kill an evening. Plus you find shows you hate to say you like, but here is one that if you are in the service industry (which I think you are) you might get a kick out of it. http://www.bravotv.com/below-deck

If I understand your qu action then no. They stream a subset of preseason games live but they don't have archives of anything they don't show live.

If I understand your qu action then no. They stream a subset of preseason games live but they don't have archives of anything they don't show live.

ahh thanks, yeah that answers my question.

It would be worth it if they bought the rights from whoever to archive and replay the games on OAA.

They used have the replays archived for a couple of months, not sure they still do though.
The last few years I used to watch the replays over a couple of times, and hope to this year.

I am going to drop them a email asking, I will follow up.

Last edited:
Yes they do...at least they used to...I agree that would be a good question to ask.

BL: buying it for a few months is a minimal expense and I don't mind it if it keeps the service viable. I would've jumped up and down for joy if I could've paid $10 a month just to listen to the radio broadcasts 25 years ago.

If you can find someone who will let you use their cable account info, you can get a large portion of the games on the regular espn networks using a roku/apple tv/laptop. For the games not on the regular ESPN networks, you can watch without a problem using the same app if you're not in the normal Cuse game market. If you are in that market, then you'll have to use a VPN to set your location as somewhere else, otherwise the ESPN3 games will be blacked out.

Here is the email I just got back...
I asked him about the 8 midmajor games, the two exhibitions and cuse orange midnight madness
I can't imagine that any games for men's basketball will come through Cuse All-Access. All of those games will be picked up by ESPN3 at a minimal.

The games in the Bahamas look like they'll be picked up by ESPN or ESPN2. Take a look at the schedule page at cuse.com and that will alert you to the media coverage for specific games. (Nothing showing yet though)

He didn't mention anything about orange madness and the exhibitions but I am guessing if they are not on espn they will be on orange all access.

Last edited:
I feel like I have to do a complete malware/virus scan after using one of those...
I'm a Google Chromer, but I Firefox when using First Row, works great. No pop-ups, just hoops or whatever else. Watched some of the Mayweather-Pacquiao fight on there.

Question about ESPN3, how many games are on that channel, do they basically carry every game that is on the ESPN network, or if they are on ESPN main channel are they blacked out on ESPN3?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom