Dajuan Coleman Update | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dajuan Coleman Update

I'm thrilled he'll be ready to play. However, my recollection from what seems like a decade ago was that he wasn't very effective. Are we sure he'll have that big an impact? I've heard glowing practice reports about other players before that didn't translate to games.

I'm thrilled he'll be ready to play. However, my recollection from what seems like a decade ago was that he wasn't very effective. Are we sure he'll have that big an impact? I've heard glowing practice reports about other players before that didn't translate to games.

Yes he had some issues finishing but he rebounded very well and got to the ft line. If you look at stats per minute even without improvement he would be a productive player if he played 25min.

He is in much better shape and some of his difficulties might be attributed to his knees. I am an optimist, but I really think we are going to see a solid year from DC. He should be more agile and explosive athletically, perhaps a little rusty finishing, but rebounding and play around the rim should be really good. I can't wait to see this kid back in action. He is a huge question mark right now, but things are looking good for him to become a huge contributor this year.

Certainly showed some holes in his game transitioning to high D1 play - brought the ball down low and didn't release his shot consistently at the highest point making him a bit susceptible to having the ball swiped or his shot blocked but those are easily fixable flaws and I'm confident Hop has already addressed. High motor and athleticism even with the extra weight led to flashes of excellence against some lower level competition (double doubles against Fordham and Binghamton come to mind). Certainly see the potential and opportunity for him to step up big time if healthy. I, for one, can't wait!

Certainly showed some holes in his game transitioning to high D1 play - brought the ball down low and didn't release his shot consistently at the highest point making him a bit susceptible to having the ball swiped or his shot blocked but those are easily fixable flaws and I'm confident Hop has already addressed. High motor and athleticism even with the extra weight led to flashes of excellence against some lower level competition (double doubles against Fordham and Binghamton come to mind). Certainly see the potential and opportunity for him to step up big time if healthy. I, for one, can't wait!

He could bring the ball low against high school competition due to strength and height, this isn't something he needs to learn though it will come instinctively after enough time.

It would be nice to see a video of him running up and down the court and playing. Until then I'm concerned he's not ready.

Because I'm sure that DC2 & Gbinijie are lying when then talk about him playing and dominating in the pick up games the players tend to play during the off season!

I know well the Syracuse cynicism, but many of this boards member bring it to a whole new level.

I dont see any reason a healthy dc2 cant give us a kennedy meeks like weapon just in a little better shape than meeks. Defense will be the real key for dc2. If he can be effective in the middle lookout.

Antiprodigy said:
Because I'm sure that DC2 & Gbinijie are lying when then talk about him playing and dominating in the pick up games the players tend to play during the off season! I know well the Syracuse cynicism, but many of this boards member bring it to a whole new level.

You should head over to the football side. Cynicism here is positive there.