Class of 2014 - Dakari Johnson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Dakari Johnson

If we land Roberson, then we have no room for Dakari right? I bet the staff wishes they would have waited on Chinoso now. Oh well.. Got to be other good centers in 2014.
Take Dakari instead. Easy Peezy

With Johnson in 13 now would we rather have him or Roberson (or Lawrence or Vonleh as spring options)? Really bummed it looks like we have to choose.

Not a problem if we have one early entry in the draft, and that is certainly possible.

With Johnson in 13 now would we rather have him or Roberson (or Lawrence or Vonleh as spring options)? Really bummed it looks like we have to choose.
this is what happens when they sit back and wait.

Would love to have Johnson but will be tuff to get him unless Rak and/or Coleman go pro. IF neither goes pro we have Keita, Rak, and Coleman at 4/5. There would be no time for Johnson and if he reclassifies he isn't doing it to sit the bench. If one goes pro then maybe we get him but I doubt it. maybe if Rak and Coleman go pro he would come.

I think with McCulloh locked up we are done for 2013.

Would love to have Johnson but will be tuff to get him unless Rak and/or Coleman go pro. IF neither goes pro we have Keita, Rak, and Coleman at 4/5. There would be no time for Johnson and if he reclassifies he isn't doing it to sit the bench. If one goes pro then maybe we get him but I doubt it. maybe if Rak and Coleman go pro he would come.

I think with McCulloh locked up we are done for 2013.
1 more I think.

1 more I think.

I we do great. Right now I am happy with what we got already. Just more icing.

And to think a month ago there were posts saying how we haven't had any commits in so long and when was it going to happen. Then all of sudden we get 4 in weeks.

TOS and Kline have articles up on the situation.

SUJuiceOnline.com@TheJuiceOnline
6-10 forward Dakari Johnson, who reclassified to 2013, said in 2011 that "Syracuse is recruiting me the hardest right now.”

Hearing that it's SU, UF and UK right now. Mostly SU and UF, though, which is surprising.

6-10 forward Dakari Johnson, who reclassified to 2013, said in 2011 that "Syracuse is recruiting me the hardest right now.”

Hearing that it's SU, UF and UK right now. Mostly SU and UF, though, which is surprising.
One downfall to UK's strategy is many times they have to wait until the seasons over to fill their class. It will backfire on them eventually.

One downfall to UK's strategy is many times they have to wait until the seasons over to fill their class. It will backfire on them eventually.
We might actually be in the same boat now, at least partially. We may only have room for say, Roberson. Or MCW, DC, and Rak could all leave early and we could look at 2 or 3 out of Roberson, Vonleh, Lawrence, Johnson, and Jordan

We might actually be in the same boat now, at least partially. We may only have room for say, Roberson. Or MCW, DC, and Rak could all leave early and we could look at 2 or 3 out of Roberson, Vonleh, Lawrence, Johnson, and Jordan
First world problems.

I saw this tweet earlier and thought who the hell cares who was recruiting him hardest in 2011. I wanna know who is recruiting him hardest in fall of 2012!

not that surprising, UK/Calipari generally doesn't recruit more than a year in advance

We only need 1 more player of Johnson/Lawrence/Vonleh/Roberson to complete our class for 2013. Even if we go 0-4, Grant will be able to start at the 4 if both DC and XMas leave early. Ennis is going to be a stud. Jordan will probably end up at Temple.

2012-13 Roster

Christmas
Coleman
Keita
Grant
Fair
Southerland
Cooney
MCW
Triche

2013-14 Roster
Christmas - ?
Coleman - ?
Keita - C
Obopka - C
Grant - PF/SF
Fair - PF/SF
Johnson - SF
Gbinije - SF/SG
Cooney - SG
MCW - ?
Ennis - PG
Patterson - SG

Even in a "worst" case scenario where all of Christmas, Coleman and MCW go pro after this season, we still have a reasonable roster for next year. It may not be quite up to the level of the past 3 years, but its not too far off. But, it also could surprise another full year and an offseason of development from Keita, Fair, Cooney and Grant and who knows what we have.

Keita - Sr. - C - Obopka Fr.
Fair - Sr. - PF - Grant So.
Gbinije - Jr. - SF - Grant/Johnson Fr.
Cooney - So.- SG - Patterson Fr.
Ennis - Fr. - PG

That said I am very skeptical that all of Christmas, Coleman and MCW are going to go pro after this season. We have never had that kind of early attrition before unless you count the year we lost Flynn, Harris and Devo early and those were special circumstances. I think it will be very hard to gain another commitment in the face of that roster in the front court unless both Christmas and Coleman go and in the backcourt unless MCW leaves and it wouldn't happen until the Spring.

2012-13 Roster

Christmas
Coleman
Keita
Grant
Fair
Southerland
Cooney
MCW
Triche

2013-14 Roster
Christmas - ?
Coleman - ?
Keita - C
Obopka - C
Grant - PF/SF
Fair - PF/SF
Johnson - SF
Gbinije - SF/SG
Cooney - SG
MCW - ?
Ennis - PG
Patterson - SG

Even in a "worst" case scenario where all of Christmas, Coleman and MCW go pro after this season, we still have a reasonable roster for next year. It may not be quite up to the level of the past 3 years, but its not too far off. But, it also could surprise another full year and an offseason of development from Keita, Fair, Cooney and Grant and who knows what we have.

Keita - Sr. - C - Obopka Fr.
Fair - Sr. - PF - Grant So.
Gbinije - Jr. - SF - Grant/Johnson Fr.
Cooney - So.- SG - Patterson Fr.
Ennis - Fr. - PG

That said I am very skeptical that all of Christmas, Coleman and MCW are going to go pro after this season. We have never had that kind of early attrition before unless you count the year we lost Flynn, Harris and Devo early and those were special circumstances. I think it will be very hard to gain another commitment in the face of that roster in the front court unless both Christmas and Coleman go and in the backcourt unless MCW leaves and it wouldn't happen until the Spring.
Great players aren't afraid. Also, don't underestimate the impact of having our 6th man picked 4th. It tells kids if your good enough you will get enough time to make an impact and get drafted, even if you come off the bench.

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

That said I am very skeptical that all of Christmas, Coleman and MCW are going to go pro after this season.

But if they do leave early, it'll probably mean that Boeheim is cutting down nets in April.

I'll take that deal.

If Jared Sullinger did not turn pro after his freshman year their is little chance that Coleman will IMHO, can't see Coleman putting up those type of numbers but will take them if he does, just very little chance that both our bigs can breakout the same year and both leave, on emaybe but both, no way. I think Christmas is here longer than Coleman at the end of the day, Christmas needs to establish a consistent 15 footer before the NBA is interested. With all that being said if you add one of them to the C position for 13-14 that is a pretty solid team, and that may be an understatement. IMO MCW is already gone.

If Jared Sullinger did not turn pro after his freshman year their is little chance that Coleman will IMHO, can't see Coleman putting up those type of numbers but will take them if he does, just very little chance that both our bigs can breakout the same year and both leave, on emaybe but both, no way. I think Christmas is here longer than Coleman at the end of the day, Christmas needs to establish a consistent 15 footer before the NBA is interested. With all that being said if you add one of them to the C position for 13-14 that is a pretty solid team, and that may be an understatement. IMO MCW is already gone.

Yes, but a good planning team will always be preparing for the worst-case scenario (that has at least a possible chance of happening).

If I were running the recruiting efforts, my worst-case scenario would be:

- MWC leaving (MCW I would put at ~65% chance right now that he leaves, my best guess)

- RAK leaving (RAK I would put at ~35% chance right now that he leaves, best guess...this also reflects my belief that if MCW leaves, RAK will also be a little more likely to leave as well, since they are good friends...although this is not the best way to make such decisions, I can see it having a little impact, IMO)

- and one of either DaJuan Coleman or CJ Fair leaving (My best guess is that there is ~20% chance DaJuan Coleman would be one & done...I actually think he may be good enough to leave after this year if he really wanted to go, but I think he has a good head on his shoulders & will determine it best to stick around for another season...~10% chance CJ Fair blows up this year and heads off to NBA...which is not a likely scenario, but if planning for the worst, CJ's odds, combined with DaJuan's odds, become large enough that you may want to be conservative and consider 1 of them leaving, IMO)

And if nobody leaves, then great, but at least you have a plan in place in case of a mass exodus.

You have to think the staff had some idea he might reclassify if they were as deeply involved as reported. Hopefully we can work it out.

Yes, but a good planning team will always be preparing for the worst-case scenario (that has at least a possible chance of happening).

If I were running the recruiting efforts, my worst-case scenario would be:

- MWC leaving (MCW I would put at ~65% chance right now that he leaves, my best guess)

- RAK leaving (RAK I would put at ~35% chance right now that he leaves, best guess...this also reflects my belief that if MCW leaves, RAK will also be a little more likely to leave as well, since they are good friends...although this is not the best way to make such decisions, I can see it having a little impact, IMO)

- and one of either DaJuan Coleman or CJ Fair leaving (My best guess is that there is ~20% chance DaJuan Coleman would be one & done...I actually think he may be good enough to leave after this year if he really wanted to go, but I think he has a good head on his shoulders & will determine it best to stick around for another season...~10% chance CJ Fair blows up this year and heads off to NBA...which is not a likely scenario, but if planning for the worst, CJ's odds, combined with DaJuan's odds, become large enough that you may want to be conservative and consider 1 of them leaving, IMO)

And if nobody leaves, then great, but at least you have a plan in place in case of a mass exodus.
Send bj to prep a year like southerland. The kid is still a baby, 16 year oldsenior.