Dan Mullen | Page 109 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wanted to be the first to post we have come full circle, back in 1991 when we ran Florida out of the building and made spurrier never want to leave Florida again for an out of conference game, to Hiring a former Florida coach to lead us back to that same prominence again, I hope this happens. If you never saw this kind of play at the dome or the type of speed we use to have you missed out. One of the loudest times i ever seen at the dome.

It’s probably at least partly due to the camera angle but Kirby looks so gd fast in this video.

No It is. Because of the timing of what is going on in college football right now. That is why Bob would be a disappointment for me. He might be a great coach. But we have a short window to get this right or we could be regulated to the minor leagues forever.
Bingo. We're a team that COULD have won 7 or 8 games this year with good coaching and a tiny bit more depth. We're not in "burn it all to the ground" mode. A hire like Mullen is big news nationally and with a favorable schedule next year, we may be able to portal pound our way into 10 wins in 2024.

Me while following this thread

1700934397289.gif

New coach needs to be able to keep guys like OG and Allen in the fold, or it’s a fail IMO. Unless he brings in better players, of course.
Not sure a Chesney would bring anyone of note in from the portal by default, it’s like shafer, he is likely an unknown to top and mid tier players in the P5

Bingo. We're a team that COULD have won 7 or 8 games this year with good coaching and a tiny bit more depth. We're not in "burn it all to the ground" mode. A hire like Mullen is big news nationally and with a favorable schedule next year, we may be able to portal pound our way into 10 wins in 2024.
Our final 4 games were pie in the sky MAC level easy and we already dropped 2 of them.

I think the good players with eligibility are a start to next year but we need to add the key guys and have them be the depth.

If Chesney is as impressive as we all think, it's possible that he comes on as an assistant to Mullen. Plenty of head coaches on a lower level move up a level as assistants.

What is the link to Mullen? Maybe he is at Syracuse to meet and interview with Mullen? You can't just force someone like that on Mullen. Has Chesney ever run the spread offense? One thing I know is you can't dictate his assistants to a coach like Mullen.

So no flights inbound from Bedford or Boston today?
No but there’s no guarantee he was coming from there today either. Could have gone back home etc. who knows. I see some private flights from Naples and st Pete.

Why would Chesney come on with Mullen? does Mullen know him? Serious question…
He wouldn’t. Other than if ADJW convinced Mullen to take the reins for 2 years until Bob was ready.

Gentlemen, there is no way that SU is hiring anyone, Mullen or Chesney, until they pass the gauntlet of interviews. One interview with Wildhack wouldn't be enough.
What in the world are you doing , we don’t accept logical, well thought, clear perceptions. At the Sheraton now, one guy looks a little like Mullen, but he is on his 8 th Jack Daniel’s.

If Chesney is as impressive as we all think, it's possible that he comes on as an assistant to Mullen. Plenty of head coaches on a lower level move up a level as assistants.
That is true. A coach like Chesney who wants to be a Major conference HC may well ned to be an assistant for a Major conferenced school first. I think Mullen is the type who see value in hiring such a coach to maximize his staff.

He would double or triple his salary too from HC

And he’d be gone the first chance he gets to double his salary from here.

With Mullen we have some safety net in the fact that he isn’t answering the phone on the bottom half of the SEC. And the top half might not love him UF ain’t poaching him he’s already had an elite job in that conference. Not a lock to be coach for life but way less of a flight risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.