Dan Mullen | Page 160 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top 10 places where he'd like to coach next year?
Nah, Texas A&M would be number 1. He might be able to get a fully guaranteed $125 million and then get fired after two years. Jimmy Sexton is trying to form a pipeline that feeds through College Station, those commissions flow just like oil money!

I hope the school is respectful and doesn't leak the news during the NFL games today

Some of us degenerates have prior engagements scheduled and multi tasking with the additional burden of coaching news might be too much
Thinking the same thing lol, Giants game at 1, I won’t be able to be on my phone a lot. If anything happens today I hope it’s at least after the 1pm slate.

I hope the school is respectful and doesn't leak the news during the NFL games today

Some of us degenerates have prior engagements scheduled and multi tasking with the additional burden of coaching news might be too much
Don’t worry, Tortora just reported that Wildhack is heading to Vietnam to discuss the coaching candidates, so it will be at least a day

Just throwing this out there, total speculation on my end. Is it at all possible that one of Mullen's stipulations for taking the job is that he needs "X" amount of NIL $$ guaranteed per year in order to be able to compete. Could the delay be ADJW reaching out to Alumni/Donors and getting firm commitments on this before anyone signs anything?

Very well could be.

The search firm they are using is based outside of Dallas, and does not appear to have any offices in Chicago.

This Chicago thing is super weird, it doesn't make much sense to meet a candidate there and we seem to be past that stage of things. Maybe meeting with a big donor or something, or meeting the search firm in a neutral/middle location. But it strikes me as so odd that it's hard to buy it.

The search firm they are using is based outside of Dallas, and does not appear to have any offices in Chicago.

This Chicago thing is super weird, it doesn't make much sense to meet a candidate there and we seem to be past that stage of things. Maybe meeting with a big donor or something, or meeting the search firm in a neutral/middle location. But it strikes me as so odd that it's hard to buy it.
Tortora is super weird so that makes sense

Thinking the same thing lol, Giants game at 1, I won’t be able to be on my phone a lot. If anything happens today I hope it’s at least after the 1pm slate.
Ive been sitting here refreshing this page along with talking myself into teasing the Giants, and Bengals lol

Currently? Syracuse.

I KID!
Interesting. If this true and the the Chicago rumors are true, the is only one logical conclusion. It's a done deal, only thing left is to seal with the traditional shots of Malort

I’m flying to Dallas today..

1701014421127.gif

Mullen's agent is based in Memphis, and may not be a guy you want to have spotted on campus if you're not sure a deal can be worked out. He's also got a ton of other clients and could be lining up a series of meetings today in a neutral location. Similar length flight from Memphis to Chicago and Syracuse to Chicago.

Ive been sitting here refreshing this page along with talking myself into teasing the Giants, and Bengals lol
I took the Giants straight. Battle of awful QBs, but Gmen at home, I’ll take a plus money shot.

with the SEC now.. A&M at best is maybe the 6-7-8 best team until things change.

with the ACC now the leap to 2-3 best is coaching and a small add of talent..

Su 6-6 BC/GT/Clemson were all there for the taking. Can a little more talent and a few more coaching decisions get you to 10 once in awhile and thats the edge of the 12 team playoff

In the SEC not only do you have to get better you still have to beat Ok/Tex/Ga/AL and then hope Fl/Tenn are not good and then hope MSU//Miss/Kent are in their down years and thats just to get to a 8 win season if you dont play any tough OC games.

Don't get caught breaking into the search firm's offices. We all know you're going to be tempted!
Depends how many bourbons I get in me. May develop that bourbon feeling of life is GTA

Status
Not open for further replies.