Dan Mullen | Page 158 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to think Kentucky intrigued Mullen based on Matt and Joey’s facial expressions. Like that may have been one domino to fall that was ahead of Cuse.
Yep. That's how I took it.

I have to think Kentucky intrigued Mullen based on Matt and Joey’s facial expressions. Like that may have been one domino to fall that was ahead of Cuse.
I don't get why a&m would have any interest in Stoops. What's he done at Kentucky that says he'll be better than Jimbo or Sumlin?

Or it’s just a buddy busting another buddy’s chops because of all the rumors flying around.
Yeah, that could very well be it. But that's not the vibe I got - Barrie was pretty aggressive on CFF the way he leaned all the way over to address Mullen and Galloway turned to Dan & was all in. That group dynamic/body language suggested to me that there was more to it than just busting chops, but you could be right - unfortunately.

Clearly, according to Tortora’s sources, they‘re meeting Don McPherson at the Bears game. Well, him or Dick Macpherson. Those are the 2 finalists.
Can I get a Macky too?

Multiple folks confirmed it. And the private flight traffic backed it up too. Not sure why we’re doubting reliable posters. There were numerous confirmations he was on campus. Practice who knows.
Just have to shake my head...

Yeah right, because some poster said so. Nobody on this board has any clue what is going on (except maybe CTO).
I’m not sure if anyone ever said Mullen was at practice. The posts I remember said he was on campus to meet with JW. He may very well have been on campus and not at practice. If he shows up at practice prior to the Wake game it could have disrupted the team before an important game and I think both JW and him are smart enough to know that.

So it is very possible that both they and Nunzio are correct, and our crack PS reporters once again asked the wrong question.

So with Stoops staying at Kentucky, are there any other head coaching jobs that would be considering Mullen?

So with Stoops staying at Kentucky, are there any other head coaching jobs that would be considering Mullen?
The A&M job could create another opening but usually in that case you see a coordinator get promoted. So other than A&M or this BC rumor doesn’t look like it.

Obviously Wildhack brought both Chesney and Mullen into town and had each of them sit in a room all by themselves to draw up a game plan for the bowl game. Best spec game plan would get the job.

If Mullen was the main target in this search, he reached out to JW and wanted to be here, has interviewed and the administration was bucking up to meet his demands, then this would have been done. We are missing something here.
Complicated deals take time to work out. Lawyers for both parties will be diligent and thorough. But if a deal has been agreed to, the paperwork will eventually get done.

Indiana just opened up. Not sure what interest any of our candidates would have there…

Status
Not open for further replies.