Dan Mullen | Page 218 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
All weekend there was smoke. A lot of it. Matt Barrie continued to poke at Dan Mullen. I assume that was not the first Syracuse related twitter message Mullen received.

But it was never communicated before that he was not or would not become the next Syracuse coach. Why at midnight Sunday night is he finally acknowledging and stating he won’t be the head coach at Syracuse?

My only guess, Syracuse came back and told him he wasn’t the selection or couldn’t offer him what he was looking for. Typical Syracuse. You have a big time college coach on a silver platter. And you either cant deliver or refuse to deliver. Every time Syracuse has an opportunity to go big and prove everyone wrong, they go small.

When you continue to go small, you fall behind. And we will look back one day when we are left behind and ask ourselves how it all happened. Let’s just face it, this school is just not serious about sports.
This 1000 percent. And it’s so frustrating as a fan.

All weekend there was smoke. A lot of it. Matt Barrie continued to poke at Dan Mullen. I assume that was not the first Syracuse related twitter message Mullen received.

But it was never communicated before that he was not or would not become the next Syracuse coach. Why at midnight Sunday night is he finally acknowledging and stating he won’t be the head coach at Syracuse?

My only guess, Syracuse came back and told him he wasn’t the selection or couldn’t offer him what he was looking for. Typical Syracuse. You have a big time college coach on a silver platter. And you either cant deliver or refuse to deliver. Every time Syracuse has an opportunity to go big and prove everyone wrong, they go small.

When you continue to go small, you fall behind. And we will look back one day when we are left behind and ask ourselves how it all happened. Let’s just face it, this school is just not serious about sports.
Probably the worst decision you could possible make at the absolute worst time..and if they never had a decision to make which is wild to me considering what has been said about Mullen I have no words. Hopefully he will get scooped up by Duke or Indiana and we will now have to live with that and deal with the consequences.

yoda-dies.gif

Yeah but all that free food and drink with your what, 3x price increase! (I think it was you who said price was going to for your level 1 seats)
It was me and I would have paid it for Mullen. I don’t dislike Chesney. He has lots of energy and no baggage that we know of. It’s just the fact that I am so sick of minor league Syracuse acting like they are some major player. We are a joke and everybody outside of the 315 knows it so what do we do? Everything possible to perpetuate it.

Whelp, this will kill any possible germinating enthusiasm I had for SU football again. Hopefully we get the whole Holy Cross staff and maybe a few of their players. That’ll put SU back on the map.

JW, maybe raise prices for tickets after you hire the big time coach.

It was me and I would have paid it for Mullen. I don’t dislike Chesney. He has lots of energy and no baggage that we know of. It’s just the fact that I am so sick of minor league Syracuse acting like they are some major player. We are a joke and everybody outside of the 315 knows it so what do we do? Everything possible to perpetuate it.
Great time to be reducing seats and increasing ticket prices.

I mean, it’s sucks with Mullen being out, but I’m not fired up about it. If it’s Chesney I’ll continue to support what I’ve always supported, SU Football.

I’ll give whoever it is a chance.

Not gonna lie, really talked myself into Mullen this weekend though.

So was Babers

Let me tell you about a couple of three things: One Dino was not at either stop long enough to build a program. Chesney has been. Two Dino's success came from the O. Dino abandoned that O pretty quickly. Also he never really called plays so how much of the O success was really him anyway? We know the O still works, see Lewis. Chesney's teams have had success in all three phases of the game. Three Dino is a West coast guy. He never was able to make the Northeast connections to get recruits. Chesney already has connections.

The hope with Chesney is he is another Leipold, but younger. It is a risk but really any HC is a risk.

There's a point when rumors start that they usually get validated, or at least advanced, by something real. That never happened.
Also in hindsight the Football scoop story was clearly an attempt to pushback against the Mullen rumor. As was the Thamel report. It’s weird they didn’t leverage someone locally to quash it more. Leads me to believe it was still an option albeit a pipe dream.

Also in hindsight the Football scoop story was clearly an attempt to pushback against the Mullen rumor. As was the Thamel report. It’s weird they didn’t leverage someone locally to quash it more. Leads me to believe it was still an option albeit a pipe dream.
I know you all hate him for what reason I dont know, but Axe has been heavily touting Chesney as the top candidate all along

Kept hearing from the insiders money would be no issue so?
I heard that too but with SU athletics it seems to always be about the money.
That said I'm good with Chesney. I think he will do very well here.

Unfortunately I feared this would happen. To many guys running with rumors. If the rumblings are accurate Mullen to SU was never close.
Sure but there were some very plugged insiders who said the exact opposite. If the AD wanted to squash rumors, they could have done so very quickly. This reads more that it was close but fell apart at the end.

Apologies if this has already been noted, but Dan may be happy with the tv life. Good money, regular hours, no disgruntled fans with outsized expectations. Look at Bill Cowher.

Status
Not open for further replies.