Dan Mullen | Page 216 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to clarify, (and not saying the administration is wrong), the violations in question are the Level II violations (meeting with recruits outside the window, etc), or are there other violations tied to Mullen?
The violations may have scared off the Chancellor and BofT. Given the past history of NCAA problems with the basketball program they wouldn't want to go anywhere near it. The SI article said some sanctions might carryover. I wonder if they do. If so, red flag.

Maybe. But there’s also a reason why Thamel never mentioned his name.

He’s as plugged in as anyone.
I get Mullen being on campus is now suspect. However, Chesney and Mullen were in the same area (New England) late last week. It would make sense to have interviews/talks there, or at the very least, via Zoom

Had the opportunity for a Ferrari and now we might get a Volvo. The problem is from a sheer looking in perspective it makes Syracuse looks like fools, regardless if we had him or not we fumbled the ball on the one yard line and lost….this hire is the most important in the history of the school and we need a name coach. If the board doesn’t understand that or we balked or for whatever reason it doesn’t matter because we are now told we never had a chance in the first place which makes zero sense. We botched whatever chance we had so now we are left to pick up the pieces. Hire Nunzio
The look? I bet that there aren’t more than 1000 people who really knew Mullen was even a rumor. My wife used to get pisssd off at Twitter. I always reminded her it wasn’t a true representation of America. 20 percent of Americans were on it and a smaller percentage actually tweet. This board is a small percentage of people who contribute to Syracuse and it’s athletics.

I have asked that question. He doesn’t have to leave Holy Cross and might want to wait a year to try and get BC. Also I will bet anyone one here beers that we win at LEAST 5 games next year.
Wow 5 whole games with the schedule we have. Oh boy we are excited now. Where can I sign up.

Oh please. That’s the line in the sand. Two bowl games that no one cares about.
If you don’t care about bowls then pick another team to supplement your SU fandom. Not being an ass but what do you really expect? Are there any small private schools competing for league championships?

The joke is this university.
How? Because they didn’t fulfill our desire to hire Dan Mullen? Or because people are scared to take a chance on Chesney? People don’t want to accept mediocrity and either does Wildhack. SU one of the least successful football team in this century just fired its coach after back to back bowls. That screams to me that Wildhack understand the importance of the next few years. We understand such a small percentage of what is going on. If there is ten million available a year, made up number, for coaches and staff do you want 60% going to the head coach? My point is 99% of people on here have NO idea how that would work.

Wow, what a way to start the Monday after a long holiday weekend. So sad if all this is true.

I’ll still hold out hope. When Rutty was hiring schiano 2.0 the AD released a statement that schiano wouldn’t be coach and the fanbase revolted. He’s now the coach. How do we start the revolt?
This fan base won't. Half of it thinks the Holy Cross coach is all we deserve. It's over.

If you don’t care about bowls then pick another team to supplement your SU fandom. Not being an ass but what do you really expect? Are there any small private schools competing for league championships?
TCU (not being an ass, and I get the difference, but you said no private schools)

News flash no one cares about the twin trees bowl. We want a team that doesn’t get smoked 5 games in a row on national tv. We want a team that doesn’t commit penalties. We want a team that doesn’t kick 50 something yard field goals down 20. Syracuse isn’t just some small school. We are one of the winningest programs in history. So yes the bar should be higher then making the pin stripe bowl.

I’m going to bed. And by Tuesday I’ll be welcoming new head coach Jaime Elizondo.

26033_v9_bb.jpg

Reactions: CIL
Status
Not open for further replies.