Dan Mullen | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
100%. Even if it doesn’t work out it was t for lack of trying. This is the best all around candidate we could hope for and people that are talking him down would never be satisfied with any HC. Other than maybe Saban or someone like that. It’s honestly just silly some of the comments I’ve seen. Only time I’ve ever seen a coach who landed top 10 classes in consecutive years getting labeled as not being able to recruit. I mean it’s just dumb.
He is an A top tier coach. He can coach with any other coach considered top tier. Riley, Chip, Smart, Sark. Name one coach in the ACC that is better than Dan. Name one coach in the Big, the point is nobody would call you out of bounds putting Dan up against any coach in college football. He can hang with any of them. Hès one of those coaches that as the saying goes will beat you with his and then beat you with yours. He would be without a doubt an absolute home run.

Chesney and White would each be excellent, but Dan is heads and shoulders above them. He is a top tier coach who could be picked by any program, and nobody would question it.
Also would be poached fast from us probably. Do we take 4-5 Mullen years over 8-10 chesney?

Btw… OT I’m in Japan for thanksgiving with my family so I know why I am still awake. It’s insane to me that there much action from US based posters on Thanksgiving after midnight. Reason number 1.75million why this place is awesome.

Assuming this is true, man what a show of commitment to not only our fans but the country that we’re serious about football. Such a shot in the arm. An accomplished SEC level coach, only 51 years of age, who could accept any job in the country regardless of how big and wouldn’t be out of place is about to be the coach of Syracuse football. Again assuming this is true ADJW has entirely outdone himself. Incredible.

1700809084870.jpeg

Btw… OT I’m in Japan for thanksgiving with my family so I know why I am still awake. It’s insane to me that there much action from US based posters on Thanksgiving after midnight. Reason number 1.75million why this place is awesome.
Hawaii time

Also would be poached fast from us probably. Do we take 4-5 Mullen years over 8-10 chesney?
Wait the… the dude who can pick any open coaching job in America, but is in theory coming out of hiatus to coach Syracuse is going to get poached? Verse the up and comer who has proven nothing and can make a name for himself at Syracuse and move on? Not sure I agree with that logic… I think Chesney is a much higher flight risk.

To be honest I would love to better understand Mullen’s motivation for taking this job if he is indeed the new coach given that he can probably get whatever job he wants.

It's Mullen. Addazio, who is lame duck at Texas A&M, is coming as well. Don't be surprised if you hear Chris Rippon's name for one of those administrative Director/quasi-analyst positions. Tim Tebow, a former Syracuse Met, will be getting a sweat motivational speaker gig.

One thing I’m curious about is the pitch and how wildhack is providing context to the ACC future. Everyone has said we are dead man walking in 5 years potentially being left out of the big 2.

Mullin isn’t Chesney where this is a new opportunity up the food chain. For Dan this is a step down from the sec opportunity wise.

Not saying this as a negative but what does John know or what is he pitching him with regarding this. Cynic in me is mullin is a 3 year fix and he will either retire or go back to the BIG or SEC and this issue is irrelvsnt

Also how much money we talking. The narrative we can’t pay is bs if we are paying Dan mullin 5mm plus and whatever else for the bigtime assistants (another 3mm??!)

It's Mullen. Addazio, who is lame duck at Texas A&M, is coming as well. Don't be surprised if you hear Chris Rippon's name for one of those administrative Director/quasi-analyst positions. Tim Tebow, a former Syracuse Met, will be getting a sweat motivational speaker gig.
Is the Addazio part for real? If so Cuse would really be stepping up to big time in terms of money. Although who knows maybe a&m is paying a huge offset.

Let the recruiting roll!

One thing I’m curious about is the pitch and how wildhack is providing context to the ACC future. Everyone has said we are dead man walking in 5 years potentially being left out of the big 2.

Mullin isn’t Chesney where this is a new opportunity up the food chain. For Dan this is a step down from the sec opportunity wise.

Not saying this as a negative but what does John know or what is he pitching him with regarding this. Cynic in me is mullin is a 3 year fix and he will either retire or go back to the BIG or SEC and this issue is irrelvsnt

Also how much money we talking. The narrative we can’t pay is bs if we are paying Dan mullin 5mm plus and whatever else for the bigtime assistants (another 3mm??!)
But why would Mullen do that? He can go to the sec or big 10 any time he wants. I too am really curious about the pitch of this works out. Fwiw if I’m SU I pitch to Mullen as the one shot to stay in the pending super league… no pressure Dan.

Is the Addazio part for real? If so Cuse would really be stepping up to big time in terms of money. Although who knows maybe a&m is paying a huge offset.

Let the recruiting roll!
Is the Tebow part for real?!

Wait the… the dude who can pick any open coaching job in America, but is in theory coming out of hiatus to coach Syracuse is going to get poached? Verse the up and comer who has proven nothing and can make a name for himself at Syracuse and move on? Not sure I agree with that logic… I think Chesney is a much higher flight risk.

To be honest I would love to better understand Mullen’s motivation for taking this job if he is indeed the new coach given that he can probably get whatever job he wants.

Great question for one of the local reporters to ask at the press conference. For any of you reading, please ask. Thanks

Great question for one of the local reporters to ask at the press conference. For any of you reading, please ask. Thanks
I think it may have something to do with expectations. At his last stop they were pissed when he didn’t score a top 5 recruiting class and wasn’t playing for a natty every year. Here we’d do cartwheels for a top 30 recruiting class and 8 win seasons in a craptastic ACC.

We have also proven we are willing to give a coach more time than any other P5 school to build his program. If the money is there to build his vision it may be appealing for a guy in his position.

Status
Not open for further replies.