Dan Mullen | Page 73 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there would be ZERO chance of a new coach meeting with players prior to the WF game. Not even 1% chance. You let the kids focus on their game. You let the coaches - many of whom are losing their jobs - focus on coaching the game. Nothing is happening tomorrow. If I’m wrong, I’ll be shocked.
100% correct, bowl game is huge especially with a new coach coming on board, extra practice time and evaluation is very important

As I reported earlier this afternoon. Nothing has changed since then. It's Mullen and Chesney

SYRACUSE FOOTBALL
Syracuse football: seems like the candidate list is narrowing down

Reports have two names of interest leading the way

By Dominic Chiappone Nov 24, 2023, 3:30pm EST

Brad McClenny / USA TODAY NETWORK

The rumor mill for who will be the next head coach for the Syracuse Orange football team continues to be scorching hot less than a week after former coach Dino Babers was fired.

Dan Mullen, the former coach for the Florida Gators and Mississippi State Bulldogs, appears to be the unofficial odds-on favorite amid the laundry list of coaching candidates out there It is being reported that Mullen visited Syracuse University’s campus on Thursday for a practice, and that met with Athletic Director John Wildhack on Wednesday. Keep in mind that Mullen was formerly a graduate assistant for the program in 1998.

Mullen coached at Mississippi State between 2009 and 2017, as well as served as the coach for the Gators between 2018 and 2021. He has a career record of 103-61 as head coach for both those programs and guided those teams to 10 bowl appearances combined.

Mullen also played off rumors during today’s Miami-BC game.

Football Scoop reported earlier Friday that outside of Mullen, Holy Cross head coach Bob Chesney also appears to be the other top option given his success with that program as well as his ties to the Northeast. Chesney is 44-20 all-time since he took the Holy Cross job in 2018, with his only season with a losing record occurring during his first year as coach for the Crusaders.

All I know is that I have looked at the explosive growth this thread is experiencing and crunched the numbers.

If it continues this unabated growth the rest of the weekend, this site will consume all the remaining available hard drive space left on Earth.

Something better happen soon. Or the Earth may end as we know it…..

Has Chesney even been on campus yet? Nobody can be serious until they are on campus

No. You said if it fell apart, you didn't want to hear well we tried. That is on you. All you can do, as all adults know, is what you can do. If you don't have a dance partner, you don't have a dance partner. It takes two. I think we have a partner. We will know in few days if not sooner.
Well you haven’t really tried until you are willing to commit a couple of felonies. Real effort.

All I know is that I have looked at the explosive growth this thread is experiencing and crunched the numbers.

If it continues this unabated growth the rest of the weekend, this site will consume all the remaining available hard drive space left on Earth.

I just want this board to overtake the basketball board in total posts.

What pattern? What major league coach have we gone after where it looked like we were going to get him and have it fall through? Let's face it, 3 days ago, we weren't even dreaming about Mullens. Now, it appears we are the front runner. That seems pretty good. And more than anything, it shows that we are committed to football.
He must be thinking about missing on Skip Holtz.

What’s the page record for sport boards?

I am presently standing on the shoulder of the NYS Thruway near Schenectady with a sign that says Honk if You Are Dan Mullen.
Toga, your commonsense sleuthing on this vital matter is Outstanding!
In fact, you are outstanding. Out standing in your field - literally. For all of us and we appreciate your loafers-on-the-ground sacrifice.

Your surefire methodology of teasing-out Coach Mullen's location is failsafe and capable of duping even the most sophisticated eluder.

If I were in the Tri-City area I would join you, shoulder to shoulder, with a lighted sign pointed heavenward reading: Flash Your Lights if Dan Mullen is Aboard. Acting in concert, our strategy would flush out any earthbound or airborne conveyance attempting to circumvent our impenetrable trip wire.

Now, to all my fellow Posters-in-Arms, we need back-up @the Hancock Aerodrome and NYS Thruway Toll Booths #s 34-37. Stat!

It's GO time baby. Put on your Orange face paint and get your Saltine Warrior a$$es out in the field. Reconnoiter with purpose. We need real time, actionable intelligence Now!

And remember, Coach Mullen must be brought in Alive. Dan is our friend and possibly our gridiron savior. He may appear normal, but at any moment he might transform into a football coaching God.

PS: If you do intercept him, try not to drive him by Mattydale. Debrief him at Joey's or the Gem Diner.

Okay, just got home and watched the ACC Prime episode on my DVR. Feel much better now; they didn’t directly ask Thamel which names are in the running, he basically started listing off names of coaches he thought would be a good fit.

He oddly left out Mullen, I think there’s some inside baseball going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.