Dan Mullen | Page 94 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big props to the donors and administration. They are not backing down in any way and full support is understatement from what I was just told. They know this is a huge opportunity and everyone is on same page. Big thanks to all those involved

The wildest factoid of the day yesterday was Eddie O freezing his ass off in an empty stadium in chestnut hill having a conversation with Mullen.
You would of thought he could afford a box at least

sheesh, ill take it. but I guess you cant please them all huh? Guess you guys prefer 60 yd field goals and false starts...
Not enough slow developing run plays and punts on 4th and 2 on the opposing 40.

Thats correct

Whether it’s Mullin or Bob recruiting doesn’t work at SU like other schools. You need to find the right talent for SU

we won’t pull in top 25 classes but we can have top 25 teams w right recruits and coaching that rises above subpar

The pasqualoni model in other words
We have to get back to being the key player in New Jersey other than Penn State. That’s one of the reasons Coach P and Coach Mac did so well.

The way I look at it, we’re not going to get top classes with Mullen either, but as long as we’re not 62nd in the country and dead last in the ACC every year, there will be improvement and we should win more. Plus, if he’s the coach we believe he can be, hopefully we do pull some game ready kids from the portal instead of overrated hs players castoff from P3 teams. If these two things come together, we don’t need top 25 classes to beat BC, Pitt, Wake, etc and get to a solid 8-4, while still dreaming of double digit win seasons.
Did you not have any leftovers on thanksgiving? I sense pessimism

I think what this shows is we are bigger players than many on here thought.
So boosters were holding out thus this being at the pay level. I wonder if it’s all signed off on it’s just pinging the likes of Steve Barnes types coming up w the money to make it work

Is the ad tapped out and it’s just passing the hat?

At the risk of getting burned at the stake, and I know we all know this, recruiting here is going to be a totally different animal. Great hire. Scheme and organization will be leap years better, but recruiting in the SEC is not the same.
True, BUT instead of recruiting against FSU, Bama, Georgia, Auburn, Texas, A&M, Tenn, he is recruiting against BC, Pitt, Rutty, MD, VA, VT

This looks like the route… I don’t have premium and it’s hidden in other free sites. Anyone have infor? It’s Owen by bank of Utah trustee.

N357VJ​

8E163833-FA45-491C-8714-CB159BD753C0.jpeg

Everyone came together at the right time that’s as much as I know
I’d love to know if we are paying him diff btw an offset or if he’s getting Florida money and market thus taking it to the kiffin 9mm level

It’s confirmed that he was at Syracuse Wednesday and it is rumored he is coming back to Syracuse tonight or tomorrow. If that doesn’t scream that this is at the finish line then I don’t know what does. No reason for Mullen to come to Syracuse in the first place and even less of a reason for him to come back if he isn’t going to be the coach.
Second interview. ;)

On Reddit, relative consensus seems to be this would be a great hire but are down on his recruiting ability.

I think it’s BS. I get that if you’re at UF, they demand a top five class.

For us, he could definitely have top 20-25 ranked classes. If not higher here and there.

Hire Mullen
I don't know if he would definitely have top 25 classes here at Syracuse, but he certainly has put a lot of guys into the league

Status
Not open for further replies.