Dan Mullen | Page 18 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Deep dive earlier this year Dan Mullen said “ he’d be on the broadcast for the egg bowl” however a ESPN spokesperson said he’ll instead be calling Miami versus Boston College on Friday. My thought is he is named Coach next week because of this move.. fingers crossed
That game is in Boston and will be played at noon.

If he wanted, he could be in Syracuse by 8 pm pretty easily. At least if I was driving...

;)

I’m hoping Syracuse realizes they have one last chance to get this right and stay in a relevant position. All bets are off when the gore expires. If Syracuse doesnt turn it around and make themselves look attractive for other conferences then all will Be lost and the big checks will stop
Coming. Mullen is about as sure fire of a win as you can get here. He checks a lot of boxes and is a better version of Marrone
Tbh not sure how big an impact this coaching hire will have on realignment, the decisions have likely already been made. Washington state and Oregon state have had plenty of athletic success in football recent years. This seems more to do with the TV market. If reports are true that the ACC will implode in 1-2 years, I think we are already toast

Tbh not sure how big an impact this coaching hire will have on realignment, the decisions have likely already been made. Washington state and Oregon state have had plenty of athletic success in football recent years. This seems more to do with the TV market. If reports are true that the ACC will implode in 1-2 years, I think we are already toast
1 to 2 years? I don't think that is the timeline.

Mullen would be such a major homerun i cant even imagine the upgrade from Dino to him
I don’t think it happens but yeah it would be insane. I don’t think it’s crazy to think we would be competing for ACC titles in year 2 or 3 with him either. Just think Dan Mullen is a very good coach, would be able to put together a very good staff with his name and connection. With his name, staff and connection would bring in some good recruits and transfers. He would develop players a lot better, scheme a lot better and not to mention next years schedule is a cupcake schedule. I would be selling Dan on all of that. Hopefully we have enough to pay him. He can add to his reputation and plus some if he came here, he would be legendary here and he would win a hell of a lot here. The top coaches in the league would be Dabo then either Mullen or Norvell and it’s not really close. Mullen would be an insanely good hire and that’s why I don’t think it’s gonna happen. He just seems out of our league lol

Listen Mullen knows he could go 9-3 every year at Cuse with no prsssure and never be run out of town. This has to count for a lot with a coach like that. Make 4-5m a year. Incentivize him like crazy and let him do his thing. Him or Chesney for me would be A++ but man the name of Dan Mullen Carries a lot of early weight on the recruiting trail even though he didn’t enjoy it in Florida. But who would when you are competing with sec schools

There’s strong rumors FSU UNC Clemson Miami and others will be breaking the grant of rights soon
Initially this worried me but i'm now of the opinion of sooner the better to get on with whatever future has for Syracuse football in a reconstituted manner.

I'd rather we not play those teams in the future in a conference scenario and schedule them, like we did in the 80s, as out of conference spectacles.

Regionalization only helps us.

There’s strong rumors FSU UNC Clemson Miami and others will be breaking the grant of rights soon
If so it's because they are about to write the ACC the largest checks they have ever received or ...actually I don't believe there is an "or". So far the GoR is bulletproof. Maybe a couple teams try to negotiate out around 2032 or something.

There were strong rumors they were going to break the GOR like 6 months ago and yet, here we are still. They’d love to break the GOR but unfortunately you need two crucial pieces to do that. $ and another conference that’s committed to taking you.

Listen Mullen knows he could go 9-3 every year at Cuse with no prsssure and never be run out of town. This has to count for a lot with a coach like that. Make 4-5m a year. Incentivize him like crazy and let him do his thing. Him or Chesney for me would be A++ but man the name of Dan Mullen Carries a lot of early weight on the recruiting trail even though he didn’t enjoy it in Florida. But who would when you are competing with sec schools
Mullen or Chesney...please get Steve Addazio as OL Coach.

If JW was going to leak news we were looking at Mullen to force Chesney to sign because he’s playing hardball. He sure as heck wouldn’t have used the DO to leak the info to.

We jumped from creating a story that didn’t make sense in the first place to saying screw that coach let’s move on, when we don’t even know he’s even being considered in the first place.

This place gets wild sometimes.

Thats been a rumor for a year now, where are they going? Right now the BIG and SEC are full
That what I want to know, all these schools rumored to be leaving with no place to go. Maybe we can pick them all back up in about a month or two on the cheap…

And people bet based on who they believe will be the coach... Hence why Vegas odds typically mean something. People don't bet hoping to lose, they bet based on information, or a feeling.
Lol people make bets based on absolutely nothing. People bet on what they WANT to happen. The amount of bets that are placed and ACTUALLY based on information are so low.

If Mullen was a true "betting favorite" he'd have odds of -150, -200, etc.

The top 3 options are +400, +500, +600, which means the bookies don't know a thing.

People know that betting favorites are just adjusted based on who people are betting on, right? Right?

I feel like I'm taking crazy pills sometimes.
Also, while I’d take Mullen in a heartbeat, he was the favorite yesterday too. I think this daily orange reporter is just finding out and creating a stir

Lets recycle people who were part of the staff that didn't win. By all means. They bring NO JUICE to the general (non-season ticket holder/Syracusefan.com) public. None. BOOOOOORRRRRRRING!!!
I hear that but the other side of the coin is let's make sure we get good coaches. Both White and Swag are very good coaches who connect with kids, recruit well, have the respect of HS coaches and most importantly coach their players up and get them to play hard.

What? No Neon Deion?!?:rolleyes:
Let It Go Please GIF by Robert E Blackmon

• Haha
Reactions: FAL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics