Dan Mullen | Page 29 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I am with bothsocks. I don't know anything about Mullen. What kind of offense would he run? Would he keep the same defensive system? Would he be changing coordinators, assuming both want to return? How flexible is he as a coach? Does he make rational decisions on game day or does he go into Dino mode? Could someone summarize why this would be such an exciting hire
From Sports Illustrated / All Gators:

“Developing impenetrable game plans against some of the nation’s top teams during his four years, Mullen will go down as one of the best in-game coaches in Florida history.”

I would pump the brakes and if your already are convinced Mullen will be our next HC expect to be disappointed. Not happening don’t have the money

I would pump the brakes and if your already are convinced Mullen will be our next HC expect to be disappointed. Not happening don’t have the money
IMG_0678.gif

why is Mullen considered such a homerun hire? I’m not being combative just want to know why he would be a great get?
I think he’s the only guy that at time of hire we could realistically expect top 25 ranked recruiting classes from out of the gate. Or at least close to it.

Everyone else we’d be starting with the 11-14th ranked class in the league which is what we have dealt with forever.

If Mullen comes in and gets us some portal players and we have a class somewhere 4-6 in ACC we will be in business before a snap has been played.

convince me otherwise but I kind of feel like I’d rather have a steady rise with Chesney than a quick hype injection “prime style” with Mullen. I get that Mullen has had more success nationally, but it’s also a lot easier to recruit SEC than Syracuse or Holy Cross

Last edited:
convince me otherwise but I kind of feel like I’d rather have a steady rise with Chesney than a quick hype injection “prime style” with Mullen. I get that Mullen has had more success nationally, but it’s also a lot easier to recruit SEC than Syracuse or Holy Cross
Honestly man, either way we would be in a very exciting position moving forward. Both candidates are exciting in their own way. Mullen will be faster imo with recruiting and the portal.

You don’t bring a potential hire to practice. I was told by someone I trust that he was at practice. That’s your next HC. Players are following him more by the hour. He’s not my first choice, but he’s coming. The good news is that this means the program is likely going to be getting the resources it needs to compete.

I would think they would know if the money was in the ball park before he would take a trip to Syracuse. I mean, he talked to JW and still came up here and all of a sudden the money doesn't match. I can see it falling through, don't get me wrong, but I would think it would be about other money. NIL. Ass'ts rather than the Head Coach money. Even then, he would have been given an idea of the package before he would waste his time coming to Syracuse for a visit.

I would think they would know if the money was in the ball park before he would take a trip to Syracuse. I mean, he talked to JW and still came up here and all of a sudden the money doesn't match. I can see it falling through, don't get me wrong, but I would think it would be about other money. NIL. Ass'ts rather than the Head Coach money. Even then, he would have been given an idea of the package before he would waste his time coming to Syracuse for a visit.
Exactly. Would not make the trip if there was no chance and money was an actual problem. They’re clearly in the same ballpark and it’s close enough for him to make it to campus.

I know he has/had some requests but it’s more along the lines of what Dash is talking about I believe. Whether they pony up is what my main concern is, but when there’s smoke there’s fire and there’s a lot of smoke right now

I’ll add a little more smoke to this, I have two sources that are very close to the program, one a former player who works now in a building I oversee says he is 90 percent sure Dan Mullin is the guy, 6 days ago he hadn’t heard a peep. He told me Dino was the hire a couple days before it was announced before. The other guy sees current players every week, last week nothing yesterday he hears a decision has been basically made, but didn’t have the name. Not a stone cold lock but nobody heard anything 5 days ago, now Dan Mullin is mentioned all over the place. If it is Mullin I think it’s a solid hire, I would have rather had Manny Diaz or Al Golden but that’s just me.

Honestly man, either way we would be in a very exciting position moving forward. Both candidates are exciting in their own way. Mullen will be faster imo with recruiting and the portal.
Another to me are that he wouldn’t have as many northeast recruiting connections as chesney, but I get that it’s Dan Mullen so his name carries weight.

But the more I think about it, I can get behind Mullen being the guy ahead of Chesney because this program has gone super stale and NEEDS the “prime effect” asap, especially with conference realignment looming. Donors, season ticket sales, recruiting would all jump immediately with this hire- whereas chesney it could me more stable grow. Mullen could bring the Cuse back to its glory days as a northeast powerhouse

why is Mullen considered such a homerun hire? I’m not being combative just want to know why he would be a great get?
What he did at Miss St was absolutely amazing. Sure they did have Dak but he had Miss St i believe ranked #1 at his time there. Not to mention he was the OC for the Tebow UF champion team. Plus he’s only been out of football for 2 years so his name should still be very well known with current players and recruits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom