Dan Mullen | Page 150 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that one of the biggest boosters wanted Chesney is an indication that Mullen is waiting for JW to make a final decision not the other way around. I think that JW knows he has some excellent choices, and he is going to build consensus amongst the key boosters before pulling the trigger. Regardless of who he picks out of those that have been mentioned we will end up with a solid coach.
You are probably right and no disrespect to Chesney, if he is the coach he will get my backing but if the AD can’t differentiate between an established SEC calibre coach and the up and comer from Holy Cross we are in trouble in this hypothetical, and key word hypothetical.

Could it be as simple as 1+1? First that newbie said Chesney was here and his wife was on the way. Ok, not sure whether to believe him or not. But shortly thereafter TheHaze found that there was a private plane leaving Worcester for Syracuse. IF we had offered Chesney it makes sense that he’d want his wife to also be here either to get her thoughts or be here when it’s announced. Far fetched?

View attachment 233792
Owned by Quest Diagnostics. Med flight.

You are probably right and no disrespect to Chesney, if he is the coach he will get my backing but if the AD can’t differentiate between an established SEC calibre coach and the up and comer from Holy Cross we are in trouble in this hypothetical, and key word hypothetical.
Right, the 2 finalists (supposedly) are so different it makes me think 1 of the 2 is not even close or it’ll be neither

Or we can all just huff some glue, and be resigned to the fact that we'll take the cheapest option available... With some Mullen rumors as cover... fme.
Cuse isn't cheaping out this time... It's one of the first times we're stepping up and putting our money where our mouth is. I think (pure speculation on my part based on what I've heard) we realize that we need to make a big move now or the feeling is we're going to get left behind.

Probably grasping here but by following Dan are the players and recruits signaling who they want hired, to maybe add pressure to JW to get it done?

We have so many people who feed this board information including yourself and nobody can confirm he was even in Syracuse beside the dude with a new account. Like nobody I have asked that has good sources can even confirm he was on campus today. Nobody. Everyone had the info that Mullen was on campus but nothing on Chesney? That seems strange right?

And I think the board found out it was a medical flight not a “wheels up” plane that we use.

Did that guy just randomly search syracuefan message board as was like I have to share my info with this forum?
As of Friday night both Chesney and Mullen were supposed to have another round of interviews this weekend. I don’t have any confirmation either made it to campus or for interviews on Zoom today, but that was the word. I would imagine Chesney would go in person along with his family barring any other commitments; it’s typical for the spouses to get a feel for the area while the coaches are speaking with the AD. Everyone was pretty quiet today and it feels like we’ll know tomorrow night based on how quiet everything is. I would not expect this to go beyond Tuesday.

That was my thought initially, the only thing that I would say is someone with knowledge of aircraft companies said this was a Quest Diagnostics flight and that Chesney wouldn’t be on it.

Missed the Quest post.

Owned by Quest Diagnostics. Med flight.

I love that they have a private jet. Quest Diagnostics will deliver your wide panel STD test to you STAT!

As of Friday night both Chesney and Mullen were supposed to have another round of interviews this weekend. I don’t have any confirmation either made it to campus or for interviews on Zoom today, but that was the word. I would imagine Chesney would go in person along with his family barring any other commitments; it’s typical for the spouses to get a feel for the area while the coaches are speaking with the AD. Everyone was pretty quiet today and it feels like we’ll know tomorrow night based on how quiet everything is. I would not expect this to go beyond Tuesday.

I am thinking/hoping Monday.

Cuse isn't cheaping out this time... It's one of the first times we're stepping up and putting our money where our mouth is. I think (pure speculation on my part based on what I've heard) we realize that we need to make a big move now or the feeling is we're going to get left behind.
I think we saved at least 3M per year going internal with BBall

It’s gonna be Chesney there’s no way Wildhack spends the money to get Mullen.

Man, you people are freaking out. You’ll find out eventually.

Could it be as simple as 1+1? First that newbie said Chesney was here and his wife was on the way. Ok, not sure whether to believe him or not. But shortly thereafter TheHaze found that there was a private plane leaving Worcester for Syracuse. IF we had offered Chesney it makes sense that he’d want his wife to also be here either to get her thoughts or be here when it’s announced. Far fetched?

View attachment 233792
OMG we've lost Bees.

Let’s say he gets donors help to pony up for Mullen and a costly Mullen staff,,, donors might say well I have nothing left to give for NIL. Mullen might assume that to be the situation and therefore his interest in the job wanes.
With Bob and a HC staff, should be plenty available for NIL in comparison

Last edited:
I wouldn't be so sure of that. College athletics have changed and this is a unique time for us. I believe Wildhack recognizes this may be our last chance to have a seat at the adult table. Not saying Chesney couldn't produce a winning program, he certainly could. I just feel that taking an FCS coach in this moment is basically betting the house and if we lose, were going to be asked to leave.

1700978418262.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors