Dan Mullen | Page 171 | Syracusefan.com

Dan Mullen

Status
Not open for further replies.
If mullen wasn’t here on Wednesday all the ESPN trolling makes sense. I think we are screwed and this is going to be a pull and pray hire not wanting to spend the money that’s needed.
Where was the bona fide confirmation that Mullen was interviewed, or that he was ever seriously in the mix? This is an example of a crowd jumping on something they wanted to hear.

Maybe he was. But, there is no confirmation.

Last edited:
They need to dot the "i"s and cross the "t"s on the contract. Can take time.
Why does our deal take so long to get done yet other schools seem to wrap theirs up so quickly? We fired Dino when we did to get a jump on things. Mullen wasn’t involved with another school. People speculated he expressed interest to JW when he covered our Va Tech game in late October. Not buying the we need more time if in fact both parties want this to happen.

Where was the bona fide confirmation that Mullen was interviewed, or that he was ever seriously in the mix? This is an example of a crowd jumping on something they wanted to hear.
There has been no bonafide confirmation of anything other than Babers was fired.

1701027614448.gif

Why does our deal take so long to get done yet other schools seem to wrap theirs up so quickly? We fired Dino when we did to get a jump on things. Mullen wasn’t involved with another school. People speculated he expressed interest to JW when he covered our Va Tech game in late October. Not buying the we need more time if in fact both parties want this to happen.
Lawyers get involved, along with final negotiations!

Last edited:
There will be no bonafide confirmation on annything until someone is hired.

Lawyers get involved, along with final negotiation!
Employment contracts are very easy to draft. If you go on coacheshotseat you can find a bunch of them as they’re public records when the coach is at a State school.

I can’t see attorneys holding a potential hire up.

Why does our deal take so long to get done yet other schools seem to wrap theirs up so quickly?
Texas A&M has had a vacancy longer than ours, is in a more attractive conference than ours, has a higher profile job than ours, can pay more money than we can and has infinitely more resources than we do. Yet they still have not filled their job opening. It’s a process, unfortunately. T’s need to be crossed. I’s need to be dotted. Contracts are not legally binding without the crosses and dots.

Last edited:
From what I understand a full contract is not signed. I remember during the whole schiano Fiasco with Tenn, it's typically a Letter of Intent, with the main terms outlined that both parties sign as the "deal". Then the lawyers iron out the T's and C's later.

While he’s been at ESPN? I’m not sure. He’s only been there 3-4 years. It does seem like a reasonable policy however - to prohibit commenting on a co-worker.

No idea if it’s a thing or not
Agreed….but I wouldn’t fault him for changing that policy and responding to colleague Desmond Howard throwing him under the bus during gameday yesterday…

Texas A&M has had a vacancy longer than ours, is in a more attractive conference than ours, has a higher profile job than ours, can pay more money than we can and has infinitely more resources than we do. Yet they still have not filled their job opening. It’s a process, unfortunately. T’s need to be crossed. It’s need to be dotted. Contracts are not legally binding without the crosses and dots.
I’m not sure coaching in the SEC, not being Georgia or Alabama is nothing more than a coach killer. Now add Texas and Oklahoma and you wonder how you can have a winning season.

Employment contracts are very easy to draft. If you go on coacheshotseat you can find a bunch of them as they’re public records when the coach is at a State school.

I can’t see attorneys holding a potential hire up.
Based on my legal bills over the years I definitely disagree with this. Employment contracts are tricky and any good lawyer dealing with a complex contract like this will be making sure it is well drafted. Also, there is another attorney to deal with and negotiate language.
This is not just boilerplate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors