Danny Manning out at Wake Forest / Steve Forbes in | Syracusefan.com

Danny Manning out at Wake Forest / Steve Forbes in

Goodman thinks John Belein is the first choice. Will there be enough money for him though.

Wake’s pathetic these days.

I assume Ryan Odom is related to their former coach but other than that I have no idea who those people are.
Pat Kelsey would be a very good choice for Wake. He is the current Winthrop head coach and is part of the old Xavier/Wake connection. Former X player went to Wake with Skip Prosser then returned to X where he was Chris Mack's Associate Head Coach before taking the Winthrop job 8 years ago.

Pat Kelsey would be a very good choice for Wake. He is the current Winthrop head coach and is part of the old Xavier/Wake connection. Former X player went to Wake with Skip Prosser then returned to X where he was Chris Mack's Associate Head Coach before taking the Winthrop job 8 years ago.

Can’t go wrong with Xavier guys.

Wes Miller is the best of that group but he’s going to keep stacking wins in the SoCon so the resume looks A1 when Roy retires.

Forbes is good too but he’s got a powerhouse at ETSU. Wake isn’t much of a step up

Wes Miller is the best of that group but he’s going to keep stacking wins in the SoCon so the resume looks A1 when Roy retires.

Forbes is good too but he’s got a powerhouse at ETSU. Wake isn’t much of a step up
Don't be silly. Wake is in the ACC.

And get beat up in the acc. He's going to the big east next year.

He’s going to get worked in the Big East. If he can fool an ACC school into taking him now, he should go for it. Probably will be his only chance, before the BE exposes him. All he’s got in his bag is to yell a lot and try to get the guys to try really hard.

Goodman thinks John Belein is the first choice. Will there be enough money for him though.
I’d be shocked if he took that job. He’d have to be desperate to get back into CBB. There are better jobs that would open up next season after the pandemic. It’s not worth it to coach one (potentially abbreviated or canceled) season for a crappy Wake program. And their AD sucks. Eamon Brennan at the Athletic feels like Beilein to Wake is much less likely. I think they’ll go after Wes Miller.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom