Darius Bazley - Players Tribune | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Darius Bazley - Players Tribune

Straight from the horses mouth. Interesting look at how agents attack these young kids and offer them the world. Good read if you care at all anymore... I realize most people don't.

Last edited:
The Ohio AAU mafia was going to do everything in its power to keep him from SU. That was how it was always described to me...
Sure sounds like it. Why even consider another college at that point? It sounds like it was all about manipulating him in to not going to Syracuse.

They also kept us from Dave Lighty. They protect THE Ohio State University at all cost. If Bazely had de-committed from Cincinnati, we would have had him.

So the Ohio State mafia was so bitter over him decommitting that they pulled some strings to make sure that if they couldnt have him no one could?

Damn that is Regina George Mean Girls-caliber sh--.

Here we go...
1586452352574.png

Wont' be a popular opinion here but seems like the kid made the right choice for himself, and is none the worse for it. He would not have been the only pursue this path if the one and done stuff didn't go away.
Reading this I couldn't help seeing it the same way. The kid went the best route for him, and yes, we were the collateral damage. But I doubt anyone can argue it wasn't the better move than to play indentured servant for a year, and THEN hit the association.
That sponsorship w/ New Balance paid a minimum of $1 million for an "internship". That's real good money for an 18 year-old, and much better than playing a year of college and being forced to act like a student.

So the Ohio State mafia was so bitter over him decommitting that they pulled some strings to make sure that if they couldnt have him no one could?

Damn that is Regina George Mean Girls-caliber sh--.

I have a question...why do we know this on a message board but the feds don’t know about it?

Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but it doesn’t even break NCAA rules unless a school was involved in influencing him. It’s just adults taking advantage of a kid. Immoral, for sure, but doesn’t break any laws.

I wish it was illegal then because that’s shady business oh well

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom