Day Twenty One Fall Camp: Wed. August 23, 2017 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Day Twenty One Fall Camp: Wed. August 23, 2017

I'd like to know why we're so much more susceptible to it now. Schools shut down for a week because so many kids and teachers have it at once. That never used to happen.

I was in car sales at different levels for almost 9 years. So I was around lots of people all the time, shaking hands, etc. Now I've been a teacher for 11 years and every year have at least 60-80, 12 and 13 year olds and then 30 - 40 juniors and seniors. I haven't had a flu shot since I was in H.S. and haven't had the flu since then. Not entirely "scientific" but it works for me.

Keeping your hands out of your mouth was serious too. Pay attention to how often you do it without realizing it, you probably do it a lot. I freak out now if I do it by mistake.

Allopurinol's a hell of a drug.

Serious, but quick question. Does this stuff work without destroying the stomach? No clue if I'm missing a joke. Have had gout since about 22-23. Always heard the meds hurt the stomach, which I have issues with too so I never have told my doctor. Instead, I bought some used crutches. My luck, it will show up tomorrow now.

Really not trying to hijack the thread, but if a pill cures this slow death in my foot then awesome.

Serious, but quick question. Does this stuff work without destroying the stomach? No clue if I'm missing a joke. Have had gout since about 22-23. Always heard the meds hurt the stomach, which I have issues with too so I never have told my doctor. Instead, I bought some used crutches. My luck, it will show up tomorrow now.

Really not trying to hijack the thread, but if a pill cures this slow death in my foot then awesome.
$4 a month with insurance, does not bother the stomach. Miracle drug.

Sure beats colchicine after the fact and hovering near the toilet for 3 days.

Thank you.

I was in car sales at different levels for almost 9 years. So I was around lots of people all the time, shaking hands, etc. Now I've been a teacher for 11 years and every year have at least 60-80, 12 and 13 year olds and then 30 - 40 juniors and seniors. I haven't had a flu shot since I was in H.S. and haven't had the flu since then. Not entirely "scientific" but it works for me.

Keeping your hands out of your mouth was serious too. Pay attention to how often you do it without realizing it, you probably do it a lot. I freak out now if I do it by mistake.
Yeah, I'm not a big flu shot person. I never got one until recently. Now I do it out of respect for my patients, most are elderly and frail. I'd feel bad if I got it and passed it on to some of them during the incubation period.

Yeah, I'm not a big flu shot person. I never got one until recently. Now I do it out of respect for my patients, most are elderly and frail. I'd feel bad if I got it and passed it on to some of them during the incubation period.
I think in NY it's a requirement for HC professionals who work with elderly.

Yeah, if you have the gout, you should take it. It's very inexpensive (as CuseOnly said) and hasn't ever given me a negative side effect. At different times in my life I haven't been as diligent as I should with it. When I've taken it daily I haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately, the gout runs in my family. Every man has had it for generations. I'm 99% certain it'll hit my son at some point in his life. It's crappy. I'll just have to apologize and let him know that was the trade-off of for the good looks, intelligence and raw magnetism. Which he gets from his mom, but whatever.

Yeah, if you have the gout, you should take it. It's very inexpensive (as CuseOnly said) and hasn't ever given me a negative side effect. At different times in my life I haven't been as diligent as I should with it. When I've taken it daily I haven't had any problems.

Unfortunately, the gout runs in my family. Every man has had it for generations. I'm 99% certain it'll hit my son at some point in his life. It's crappy. I'll just have to apologize and let him know that was the trade-off of for the good looks, intelligence and raw magnetism. Which he gets from his mom, but whatever.

Hahah. Basically the story of my family. Minus me having kids yet, to apologize to for their issues. I have to find the woman to give them the good looks, and intelligence. All the negatives are locked up in my genes, or jeans, same difference.

Colchicine is the devil. If gout is in your foot, you can hardly walk, yet colchecine makes you have to sprint for the bathroom and pray you make it soon enough. I can also vouch for the wonders of Allupurinol. If you have issues with it, there are also various amounts you can take of it. I'm on a relatively low dose and have never had an issue with it.

As a teacher, I have a huge jug of hand sanitizer by the door and my own personal bottles at my desk.