Class of 2025 - DB Amari Colon (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2025 DB Amari Colon (NY) COMMITTED TO SYRACUSE (5/7/24)

money3189 any insight looks like he is from Rochester and just committed
I like the kid a lot. Colon was the best player on horrible team but he was someone we had to game plan for each time. Then he transferred to Monroe his senior year and killed it. Outshined Messiah Hampton which is hard to do. Got to do a semester of prep. Cuse saw the natural talents and jumped on him.

Last edited:
I think his full name is Amari Colon-Brown.

I just watched his highlights. 6'1 180. 4.43 40. I would expect his 100m time to be sub 11 seconds (but he unfortunately does not run track we it will be hard for us to get this info).

He goes from stopped to full speed really quickly. Three steps and he is gone.

He is skinny now but if you watch him, he is very strong going for the ball and gets his hands on it if it is around close to him. Also breaks tackles well. I see he can already bench 225 and I suspect he is going to end up having that wiry strength you like to see in a top athlete.

He was 5th team all state class B. Scored 16 touchdowns in 11 games in 2023. Finished with 775 receiving and 303 rushing years.

98% of his highlights are at WR and he is really impressive there but my guess is that he is going to end up at CB. He can jump routes really well and those ball skills and toughness will serve him well down the road on defense.

I did not include him in my top prospects for 2025 but that was because he was listed as a senior on the 2023 class B all state team (he was also listed at 6'6). He must have reclassified fairly recently (or was the original poster confused and Armari really is class of 2024?).

If he has reclassified, I can tell you he is going to end up in the top 20 for the class of 2025 and possibly crack into the top 10. He has work to do in the weight room and I have no idea if he can tackle well. But he is a really impressive athlete.
Amari was on a really bad team prior to Monroe. The only time his team would cross the 50 yard line was when they put him at QB. He would outrun the whole defense. We told our kicker to kick the ball away from him. He would go get it and return it back for a TD. lol. There's no telling what kind of prospect he would be had he transferred earlier.

party GIF

Amari was on a really bad team prior to Monroe. The only time his team would cross the 50 yard line was when they put him at QB. He would outrun the whole defense. We told our kicker to kick the ball away from him. He would go get it and return it back for a TD. lol. There's no telling what kind of prospect he would be had he transferred earlier.
That explains it. Happy for him.

Sounds like Coach Fran has some knowledgeable people from the Rochester area in his ear.

I like it.

One thing I like about the NYS recruits is that if/when the blossom, they'll be more likely to stay where they were given this kind of chance than to transfer.

A recruiting philosophy based on 'Androcles and The Lion'? Fable-ulous!
Agree. Fran also speaks about the importance of continually recruiting kids. It doesn’t stop when they get on campus. You have to be there for them and can’t be a stranger like many coaches are. He’s real and kids respect when he backs it up.

That explains it. Happy for him.

Sounds like Coach Fran has some knowledgeable people from the Rochester area in his ear.

I like it.
OFFERED>AMARI COLON COMMITTED 5/7/24 NOTE: THIS WAS POSTED, I THOUGHT, EARLIER THIS AFTERNOON - APOLOGIES.
#15 6' 1" 180/ RB, WR, PR/ 4.43 40
images - 2024-05-07T222905.921.jpg

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

VERY FAST
VERY ELUSIVE
AS TOMCAT SAID HIS PHYSICAL APPEARANCE ON HIS FILM IS SLIM - SLIGHT
BUT HIS OTHER SKILLS, SPEED, HANDS, FAKES, ETC., MORE THAN MAKE UP FOR APPEARANCE
HE'LL GAIN MUSCLE WEIGHT UNDER COACH FRAN BROWN'S GUIDANCE IN PREP SCHOOL
HE IS VERY FAST AND HIS CUTS AND FAKES ARE DIME!
HE IS THE DEAL IN N.Y.S. AND SO IS THE RECIPIENT OF HIS FUTURE SKILLS SYRACUSE UNIVERSITY

EXCELLENT OFFER

Attachments

• images - 2024-05-07T222905.921.jpg
    images - 2024-05-07T222905.921.jpg
    12 KB · Views: 16
Fast and super athletic kid with great agility and not skinny. Could play either offense or defense. May not be super polished as a wide receiver but sure would like to have the ball in his hands as he excels at it. But he definitely appears to have the speed and hips to play CB or safety. Only thing we didn’t see is his tackling skills but with his physical attributes I’m guessing he would be pretty good at that as well.

Love this pick up. Welcome Amari!

Waiting for why so early, so not ranked, we should hold out for better posts.
I could be wrong but I think such posts to which you refer were generated when SU's recruiting staff was...hmmmm, how do you say this in English...clueless.

There is a negative I would share. Monroe became a special program school which allows them to play in class B classification. Amari really looks like a cheat code out there. The compettion wasnt good but he dominated in a way you would expect him to at that level.

One thing is clear from his tape - the other team consistently underestimated his speed. He was past where they thought he would be again and again. Yes it’s highlights but his motor is next level
Yea his motor is very strong. He had a game he was working so hard he threw up on the sidelines then went back out and ran for a 65 yard td right after

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom