DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter / Portal from Ohio State to NC State

These guys must have a few offers out there they are evaluating. I'm waiting to see where they pick so I know how irrational I should be with my opinion. Its going to be pretty irrational if they pick an ACC school. If any pick FSU...
This is the last weekend for visits before the Dead Period. Either these kids are visiting their new school this weekend or they will have to wait to take visits starting 1/13. They can still commit during the Dead Period just no visits.

From my understanding of how some of these bowl sponsorships work (I knew someone who was a CFO at a company that sponsored a bowl game for several years)...the numbers were pretty cheap for the headline sponsors. Sure, they rotate a lot but compared to other forms of marketing, it wasn't that bad to take a flyer on. Perhaps that's why they rotate so much is that companies are enticed by the price and realize it's meh.

I think the only way they move away from sponsoring them is if the TV eyeballs decline -- they don't care about the product. They care about the audience.
I remember what bowl you were invited to used to depend as much on how well your fans travelled, as the team’s record.

I must be naïve. I must be ignorant of what goes on behind the scenes. I admit it. So, I can't believe that this kid would leave. He seemed to love it here. He played well and had success. He was part of the Mob - he had lots of friends.

I can't stand the instability that "NIL" and the open transfer rules have brought to college football.

This has become a real turn-off for me.

Last edited:
Kids are exploring their options...nothing wrong with that. How many of us have interviewed, maybe been offered a job but turned it down to stay? Maybe he will leave, maybe not but good for him for seeing what his options are.

Kids are exploring their options...nothing wrong with that. How many of us have interviewed, maybe been offered a job but turned it down to stay? Maybe he will leave, maybe not but good for him for seeing what his options are.
If he comes back, great. If we land a high talent safety transfer before any decisions made, even better.

I can understand the thought process, but im not praising him for it

I think you have made it clear why I find all of this such a turn off.

I really believed in the idea of the student-athlete. It always seemed to me to be a great trade-off. You play big time football or basketball and in return you get a free college education.

Who amongst us would turn that down?

I wouldn't.

In the old days, I wanted to attract kids because of what Syracuse University had to offer - how the school - and the coaches - could impact a life.

I never wanted my college football team to become a professional franchise and I didn't want the players on my team to become free agents on a year-to-year basis, "exploring their options."

I never wanted to compare playing college football to me looking for a better job.

I find the backroom financial negotiations that must be occurring really uncomfortable.

Who knows? Maybe underneath it all, I'm a hypocrite.

Maybe I'd be okay with all of this if I felt that my school could compete in the new world.

I hope that's not true. I hope that I would find the new paradigm unappealing even if SU were benefitting from it.

Right now it doesn't seem that we are benefitting at all. Just the opposite seems to be true.

Indeed, I seriously doubt that Syracuse University will be able to compete in this environment.

And that tells me that our great football tradition that has existed for generations, will die.

And, that upsets me.

So, yeah, the kids get to explore their options, and in the process ruin college football for most schools - other than the factories in the SEC and the Big Ten.

I really believed in the idea of the student-athlete. It always seemed to me to be a great trade-off. You play big time football or basketball and in return you get a free college education.

I wouldn't.

In the old days, I wanted to attract kids because of what Syracuse University had to offer - how the school - and the coaches - could impact a life.

I never wanted my college football team to become a professional franchise and I didn't want the players on my team to become free agents on a year-to-year basis, "exploring their options."

I never wanted to compare playing college football to me looking for a better job.

I find the backroom financial negotiations that must be occurring really uncomfortable.

Maybe I'd be okay with all of this if I felt that my school could compete in the new world.

I hope that's not true. I hope that I would find the new paradigm unappealing even if SU were benefitting from it.

Right now it doesn't seem that we are benefitting at all. Just the opposite seems to be true.

Indeed, I seriously doubt that Syracuse University will be able to compete in this environment.

And that tells me that our great football tradition that has existed for generations, will die.

And, that upsets me.

So, yeah, the kids get to explore their options, and in the process ruin college football for most schools - other than the factories in the SEC and the Big Ten.
amen bro, GREAT GREAT post

I wouldn't.

And, that upsets me.

Unfortunately the game we grew up with in the 50's, 60's and 70's was corrupted by big money from TV. And the fact that the college's forgot about students in many case's, and considered them athletes.

I wouldn't.

And, that upsets me.

I think you nailed it perfectly!

I’ve taking 250 hrs of comp time off, 120 hrs of vacation, 40 hours of personal business and 40 hours of floating holiday off this year. So if your implying I don’t take time off or I don’t have a life, you’d be mistaken.
(I typed it with a smile on my face and nothing but love in my heart.) Love the time off. That’s what it is about. Good for you. My personal goal is 150 + days out of the office next year.

I’ve taking 250 hrs of comp time off, 120 hrs of vacation, 40 hours of personal business and 40 hours of floating holiday off this year. So if your implying I don’t take time off or I don’t have a life, you’d be mistaken.
Dude that's like 56 days off

What do you do for a living?

Your staff will rejoice
They do well without me. Sometimes, lawyers just get in the way. On vacation for 2 plus weeks this summer: not one call, text or email. They also exceeded the weekly goals. Well trained, empowered people are amazing.

They do well without me. Sometimes, lawyers just get in the way. On vacation for 2 plus weeks this summer: not one call, text or email. They also exceeded the weekly goals. Well trained, empowered people are amazing.
More productive when you are gone. Stay away more

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom