DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State | Page 43 | Syracusefan.com

DB Ja'Had Carter in the portal from Ohio State

again, this 60K number is random in my mind, have no source for that other than what another user used as an example. And who is to say he isn't just under performing, perhaps he entered camps with the 1s (making his advisor right) and has fallen behind. Same thing couldve happened here. You earn time in football, you're not given it. This speculation reeks of jealousy

No, it isn't, and it wasn't pulled out of thin air as an example.

He might transfer again.

Very few kids who dont play make the league. First he wont make the combine, second too little film.
2nd transfers are much tougher to get now without sitting.

People should stop saying guys are locks to get drafted Sean Tucker didn’t even get called and if you posted that he’d go undrafted 12 months ago people would have wanted to fight.
That’s only because of a medical condition otherwise he would have been a mid to late round pick. Now he is mostly likely 2nd string back for the Bucs.

But he would have almost got that staying at Cuse

I won’t be shocked by any means to see Jahad grad transfer back to Cuse

I mean the kid attended our spring game after he transferred to OSU….

He has A LOT and I mean A LOT of love for Cuse
He would have to sit out a year if he transfers a 2nd time.

Anyone know how much NIL was allegedly offered by SU interests?

Repeating a false opinion doesn't make it true, but you're free to believe whatever you choose.

I've led the horse to water.
So where’s the number? Why not share the source instead of being a jerk?

So where’s the number? Why not share the source instead of being a jerk?

I'm a jerk because I'm telling you that your opinion isn't accurate?

Look it up yourself. There's a search feature on this forum, top right.

Again, I don't care whether you choose to believe that info or not -- just quit lecturing others about it's validity.

He would be a grand grad transfer:)

He played three seasons here 2020, 2021, 2022

He has two years of eligibility left 2023, 2024 due to Covid.

I believe and I could be wrong he gets another year of eligibility for grad work and would get one free transfer

He played three seasons here 2020, 2021, 2022

He has two years of eligibility left 2023, 2024 due to Covid.

I believe and I could be wrong he gets another year of eligibility for grad work and would get one free transfer
That's my interpretation as well.

Everyone needs to do what's in their best interest, and it's not up to us to tell them it was a dumb choice.

That said, from an SU perspective, we've been doing great lately at getting DBs into the NFL, or getting them noticed by top tier programs. That's helpful on the recruiting trail, both at the HS level and for transfers.

Everyone needs to do what's in their best interest, and it's not up to us to tell them it was a dumb choice.
Nobody is telling him it’s a dumb choice. This is an SU football forum where die hard fans come to voice their opinions. It’s not shocking that most think it was a high risk, high reward move. As of now it doesn’t look good for him but it’s week 2 of the season. An injury or two, a suspension or two and he’s on the field and who knows. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
I'm a jerk because I'm telling you that your opinion isn't accurate?

Look it up yourself. There's a search feature on this forum, top right.

Again, I don't care whether you choose to believe that info or not -- just quit lecturing others about it's validity.
I did, and there is no source. I am not asking for names just anything that shows 60K is a real number and not guess. If thats all the number was then syracuse has a major problem on their hands.

As for lecturing, kettle calling the pot black there, no?

How much did he make. I figure getting PT would be better over whatever $ he got, especially if he has pro aspirations.
NIL money won’t get you in the NFL. Playing on Saturdays on national television will. It doesn’t matter who you play for, they will find you. Look at some of the Division 2 and 3 guys that get their shot.

I did, and there is no source. I am not asking for names just anything that shows 60K is a real number and not guess. If thats all the number was then syracuse has a major problem on their hands.

As for lecturing, kettle calling the pot black there, no?

Syracuse doesn’t have an NIL problem, trust me

Animated GIF

At the end of the year, we should be able to answer the question as to whether Deuce and Carter made the correct choice considering their long term future. Once there are enough cases of factory schools offering kids who start for smaller P5 programs $ to essentially add depth to their position group, you could see more of them staying put as the coaches who are with programs getting poached will have more data to combat this.

"Hey we can get you 60%-70% of what they offered but look you are either going to start here 2 more years and get a shot at the NFL or maybe lost in the big pond with nothing to put on film" No guarantees either way but can't get to the dance with nothing on film but scrappy highlights in blowouts

Nobody is telling him it’s a dumb choice. This is an SU football forum where die hard fans come to voice their opinions. It’s not shocking that most think it was a high risk, high reward move. As of now it doesn’t look good for him but it’s week 2 of the season. An injury or two, a suspension or two and he’s on the field and who knows. Only time will tell.

Maybe dumb choice was harsh. People are questioning it, and you're right, it's a Syracuse board, so voice away. But none of us really know his situation.

My main point was that we're doing a great job of developing DBs, and I'm sure it's not going unnoticed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RSmith

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom