Class of 2016 - DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DB Jared Mayden (TX) to Alabama

That's no surprise. I'd be absolutely floored if we ever got a visit, let alone seriously considered.
I wouldn't be. If we can get a visit, it'll be serious consideration. He's got people working on him.

I'll believe this one when I see it. Just no way I see it happening.
Ano, right now you are right we have almost no shot. But I think Mayden is one of those kids if we get 1 or 2 more of washingtons clan on board (moe Neal I'm looking at you) Mayden will start to look at us much more seriously.

We need that next Washington kid (even if it's Aapri or Eason) to get on board really really soon.

Ano, right now you are right we have almost no shot. But I think Mayden is one of those kids if we get 1 or 2 more of washingtons clan on board (moe Neal I'm looking at you) Mayden will start to look at us much more seriously.

We need that next Washington kid (even if it's Aapri or Eason) to get on board really really soon.

ehhh I don't know if Moe Neal would move the needle with a kid like this. Maybe in the NC area though. As for Eason, I doubt we ever offer. We need a Christian Colon type.

ehhh I don't know if Moe Neal would move the needle with a kid like this. Maybe in the NC area though. As for Eason, I doubt we ever offer. We need a Christian Colon type.

Well it's been mentioned before, get Neal it improves our shot with Colon, get Colon our chances dramatically jump with Mayden, get Mayden and Haskins starts to seriously listen.

What hurts us is the order/timeline of kids announcements, Haskins and Mayden want to commit before the fall and Colon wants to announce in November.

But we just need to accumulate talent right now, and do it quickly, no matter where it comes from. That will beget more talent.

As for Eason, that dude screams Return Ace to me. We need one, and I hope that if we can't find one we trust can also play other positions, having an ace in the whole would be a huge advantage and well worth a scholarship IMO.

But you are right, he will certainly need to wait until later on and our top slots are taken.

It'd have to be Neal, Colone and Brown.

Neal and Mayden are friends. Add in Mayden's friendship with Washington, that's two pretty big dominos.

I don't think we have a shot with Mayden unless we can get him on campus. But I do know people are trying to get him on campus. If he visits, I think we have a shot. Not a probability mind you, but a shot.

The fact he said no visit set up yet indicates to me Mayden is at least open/maybe even interested in visiting. If he wasn't you would think the phrasing would be Mayden isn't interested in visiting at this time.

Hey Jek, what about the LB from Washington that supposedly wanted to visit after RW committed?
Last I heard, he still wants to visit. I'm not sure how mutual the interest is at this point but we will see how it all plays out. I get the sense the staff is focusing on specific targets at the moment and will move forward from there.

Last I heard, he still wants to visit. I'm not sure how mutual the interest is at this point but we will see how it all plays out. I get the sense the staff is focusing on specific targets at the moment and will move forward from there.
Thanks for the update. I feel like anyone we can pull that is connected to RW is gravy. But back to Mayden, idk how there isn't contact there. He would be a huge get for us.

That is not acceptable if true. Can't they walk and chew gum at the same time?

That is not acceptable if true. Can't they walk and chew gum at the same time?
I think, from the sense I'm getting, the staff is viewing him strictly as a LB and as a LB prospect they aren't necessarily high on him. However, they need to look at him as a DL prospect, because he'll absolutely grow into a DT or DE. That's where his future is at the college level.

I think, from the sense I'm getting, the staff is viewing him strictly as a LB and as a LB prospect they aren't necessarily high on him. However, they need to look at him as a DL prospect, because he'll absolutely grow into a DT or DE. That's where his future is at the college level.
And if you can project him as such, why can't the staff?

Things are frustrating at times...

And if you can project him as such, why can't the staff?

Things are frustrating at times...
He's about 6-3 or 6-4, and probably in the 240-250 range right now. And, he's quick. And, he's very close with RW.

I'm going to try to dig around a bit and see what I can find out there this week, but I was told that right now, the staff isn't really focusing on him much.

He's about 6-3 or 6-4, and probably in the 240-250 range right now. And, he's quick. And, he's very close with RW.

I'm going to try to dig around a bit and see what I can find out there this week, but I was told that right now, the staff isn't really focusing on him much.
Get in somebody's ear Jeke we need as many RW guys in house as quickly as possible. Putting one to the side because we mislabel his position is a bad bad idea.

Get in somebody's ear Jeke we need as many RW guys in house as quickly as possible. Putting one to the side because we mislabel his position is a bad bad idea.
I can tell you this: from everything I've heard, Dublanko is really hoping for a Syracuse offer.

I can tell you this: from everything I've heard, Dublanko is really hoping for a Syracuse offer.
Like I said get in somebodies ear and make them see sanity

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom