Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

How's Mr Barnes looking in the game? I'm sure some of you are watching. Thanks

Recruiting rankings are also lazy. We keep getting classes like this we will be ranked much higher from the start based on exposure and moment, not even the actual commits. My point is that if this exact class was three years in a row (same talent level) then we would be ranked top 25 by default not 41 or whatever. It’s almost all BS
Fighting agains the clear--and somewhat understandable--bias is difficult. It's nice to get players that are four star athletes in January.

How's Mr Barnes looking in the game? I'm sure some of you are watching. Thanks
Had a nice deflection with tight coverage. With his speed, coverage skills and being an early enrollee could easily see him being a starter next year.

Recruiting rankings are also lazy. We keep getting classes like this we will be ranked much higher from the start based on exposure and moment, not even the actual commits. My point is that if this exact class was three years in a row (same talent level) then we would be ranked top 25 by default not 41 or whatever. It’s almost all BS
I’m far from a recruiting expert, but I believe this group of freshmen combined with transfers is better then any group I can remember? 40 something nationally and 10 ACC . I don’t buy it.

I’m far from a recruiting expert, but I believe this group of freshmen combined with transfers is better then any group I can remember? 40 something nationally and 10 ACC . I don’t buy it.
Exactly! This is a very good class

It’s just that for over 20 yrs Syracuse turned into a mediocre and sometimes bad program, so this sudden resurgence and relevance is taking everyone by surprise. Doesn’t make the snide comments ok but I can see why. Let’s hope the play on the field blows people away too and the narrative gets flipped.
The Barnes announcement was great for the program and shows that people are paying attention.
Good points Bomber. Except for maybe the use of "sometimes bad." Over the past 24 seasons we have had 6 winning seasons. Like it or not, we've earned most of the shade. And yes, it does snow in Syracuse.

When you look for shade and disrespect everywhere you will seldom be disappointed. Instead, the focus, IMO, should be on how we are finally starting the process of changing national perceptions. Fran has been like catching lightening a bottle for a moribund program. We should embrace the abyss - it makes the climb back up that much sweeter.

Wish they would have mentioned Frans current success in the portal a little. They could have name dropped McCord.
They said they were going to talk about Fran, did they not?

They said they were going to talk about Fran, did they not?

A little but just focused on the High School class which makes sense because it is a high school all-star game. But when they talked about his impact and relationships I think they missed a golden opportunity to highlight what is happening here at the portal level also.

There’s a direct flight from Chattanooga to Syracuse….. Must have confused Frans private jet ….. Seriously it’s so much fun to see us get a big commit on National TV ( even the f it was for show) Welcome Marcellus.
Two hrs to Nashville or atl for direct flights

I haven't seen him out there since his 1 or 2 drives after his announcement. Last play I saw him, it looked liked he slipped a little awkwardly. He walked off, but maybe tweaked something?

IMG_9187.jpeg

I’ve watched this like five times already
OFFERED> MARCELLUS BARNES JR 2024 MCCALLIE HS, CHATTANOOGA, TN
#11 6' 2" 175 DB // 4.38 40 COMMITTED 1/6/2024!!

images

ASSETS PER HUDL FILM:

THE IMPORTANCE OF THE 40 YARD DASH
It is primarily run to evaluate the speed and acceleration of American football players by coaches and scouts particularly for the NFL Draft but also for collegiate recruiting. A player's recorded time for every position can have a heavy impact on his prospects in college or professional football.

GOOD = 5.0 - 5.99

FAST = 4.9 - 4.99

FAST= 4.8 - 4.89

FAST= 4.7 - 4.79

FAST= 4.6 - 4.69

FAST= 4.5 - 4.59

VERY FAST= 4.4 - 4.49
ELITE = 4.0 - 4.39
BO JACKSON FASTEST RECORDED ALL TIME 4.13 / 1986 AUBURN INDOORS

HIGH FB IQ

ELITE SPEED
GOOD OPEN FIELD TACKLING SKILLS