Class of 2024 - DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24) | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DB Marcellus Barnes (TN) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (1/6/24)

Barnes can be fully committed to a staff/school and have the announcement just be a formality, without having put pen to paper.

Or he can not have put pen to paper and go play for someone else.

Or he can not have put pen to paper and go play for someone else.
True

while anything can obviously happen, Cuse can’t force the kid to sign early. until we see someone walk away from Fran, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt for keeping kids solid through a dead period.

True

while anything can obviously happen, Cuse can’t force the kid to sign early. until we see someone walk away from Fran, I think he deserves the benefit of the doubt for keeping kids solid through a dead period.

Ahhh he’s not committed to Syracuse, so like I said, hopefully he has signed with Syracuse and the announcement is for show.

Otherwise IF he picks Syracuse we wait til February for the binding sig.

I’ve closely followed recruiting for 40 years so thanks for pointing out Cuse can’t force a kid to sign early, and you saying a kid can commit without having put pen to paper means absolutely nothing.

Ahhh he’s not committed to Syracuse, so like I said, hopefully he has signed with Syracuse and the announcement is for show.

Otherwise IF he picks Syracuse we wait til February for the binding sig.

I’ve closely followed recruiting for 40 years so thanks for pointing out Cuse can’t force a kid to sign early, and you saying a kid can commit without having put pen to paper means absolutely nothing.
It certainly means something, not as much as a signed LOI of course. Literally all the kids that committed to Fran were only verbal announcements until they signed. at some point you trust the people around you to follow through with what they say they will do. That does not mean that you stop recruiting the kid, heck you don’t stop recruiting the kid after he signs. You are continuing to do so right up through graduation.

it seems we aren’t going to agree on this one. So please have yourself a wonderful holiday season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom