Class of 2016 - DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Brandon Simon (NJ) Verbal to Iowa

Meant to say a while back that I loved this kid's tape, undersized sure but displays elite quickness off the edge with very good tendencies and heads-up play. This kid gets after it, dominates the point of attack and when they run away from him he finds a way to get to the ball. Reminds me of Easley, amazed he doesn't have more offers. I'll bet anyone a steak dinner you'll be hearing this kids name again in a few years.

Finally! Nice to see. Don't know how much interest he has in Cuse but at least he's visited and has friends here. Fingers crossed.

Yeah, he's another guy I haven't heard a peep about with connection to Syracuse in ages.

I don't think there was much of a peep on Kastenhuber either until this past weekend.

I don't think there was much of a peep on Kastenhuber either until this past weekend.

tos has been on him throughout

EDIT: Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon.

Last edited:
He performed really well at the Rivals camp recently, turned some heads. Has an Iowa offer as well so hopefully they don't do a 2 for on us.

Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Always hard to follow up a trip to Iowa City. They have some amazing new football complex, and recruits are treated like stars from the fans. Maybe distance can play a factor?

Going to be interesting to see how this turns out. Always hard to follow up a trip to Iowa City. They have some amazing new football complex, and recruits are treated like stars from the fans. Maybe distance can play a factor?

According to Mike M., Simon is being recruited as a LB. So another name to add to the LB mix.

According to Mike M., Simon is being recruited as a LB. So another name to add to the LB mix.
Makes me wonder if Kastenhuber is viewed as a possible outside backer. I know he plays some OLB at the HS level, but his measurables scream MLB. Have to wonder if Simon and Kastenhuber impact each other.