Class of 2016 - DE Drew Beesley (MI) to MSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Drew Beesley (MI) to MSU

OK. And I think that this late in the cycle the new staff will probably be offering kids like Jones and Servais with MAC type offers. Plus, again, they will be recruiting, for the most part, kids with whom they already have a relationship.
not a fan of that approach. there have been many decomits from other schools i wonder if we have contacted any. i do not want to become a mac school, even if most of them could have beaten us. i do not want to sound harsh, as we have holes to fill and it is late in the game----and he has to do what he can. i am looking to next year for improvement

not a fan of that approach. there have been many decomits from other schools i wonder if we have contacted any. i do not want to become a mac school, even if most of them could have beaten us. i do not want to sound harsh, as we have holes to fill and it is late in the game----and he has to do what he can. i am looking to next year for improvement
Recruiting is about relationships and this late in the game with a new staff it is only natural that they recruit where and who they know. I have noticed that some of the new coaches are already following 2017s, which they need to be doing now. I haven't paid too much attention to patterns yet... need to see them offer more for that class.

CuseLegacy said:
Recruiting is about relationships and this late in the game with a new staff it is only natural that they recruit where and who they know. I have noticed that some of the new coaches are already following 2017s, which they need to be doing now. I haven't paid too much attention to patterns yet... need to see them offer more for that class.

This year and recent history recruiting - the line between high BG/MAC classes and our low SYR/ACC classes is not that great.

It needs to get way better if we want to get where we want to. But we'll be okay with another 50-65 class. That's the risk when we switch coaches.

This year and recent history recruiting - the line between high BG/MAC classes and our low SYR/ACC classes is not that great.

It needs to get way better if we want to get where we want to. But we'll be okay with another 50-65 class. That's the risk when we switch coaches.

Don't think it would've been much better if they kept Shafer

See Bah, Ahmed (Rutgers) and Ruff, Kenneth (Virginia)

They are keeping in touch with what I would wager are sure bets while going after some peer level or slightly higher recruits. The month of January is going to be hectic ... I can see a dozen commits during the month

They are keeping in touch with what I would wager are sure bets while going after some peer level or slightly higher recruits. The month of January is going to be hectic ... I can see a dozen commits during the month

I think there will be 10+ new commits in January without a doubt. Especially with Thompson declaring now and Arciniega opting out.

ow or not

there are more than those

According to this,January will be spectacularly exciting. BRING IT ON!!

http://www.syracuse.com/orangefootb...ver_syracuse_football.html#incart_river_index

The decision to make an official visit came after an old middle school friend, Drew Beesley reached out. A defensive end who decommitted from Bowling Green and is set to visit SU, Beesley told Fitzpatrick that he'll be headed to Central New York this fall.
If Fitzpatrick does choose Syracuse, he said he's got a roommate already lined up.

Did Drew Beesley commit?

sure sounds like it. i think some of these kids are silents and the visits are a formality.

Watching the NC game, reinforced this even more to me. The talent disparity between teams like Syracuse and the top 10 big boys is HUGE! Thank god we at least now have a "system," that may surprise teams and be entertaining for fans. Thinking we can simply coach up lesser talent and be competitive with the elite is crazy. We have no choice than to think outside the box. Whether Dino succeeds or not, I am so happy we are not trying to be like everyone else anymore. If I were a BC fan, I'm not sure I could stand the boredom of a 7-5, conservative play calling, grind it out football team. Whats the point? While this year I would have gladly taken a military bowl birth, if that was top end, I think I'd probably have to move on to some other hobbies! :)

I don't know if he is a silent verbal but it is pretty evident from what Fitzpatrick said Beesley is planning on committing.
I agree with ya all on this. It sure sounds like it to me he did.

Watching the NC game, reinforced this even more to me. The talent disparity between teams like Syracuse and the top 10 big boys is HUGE! Thank god we at least now have a "system," that may surprise teams and be entertaining for fans. Thinking we can simply coach up lesser talent and be competitive with the elite is crazy. We have no choice than to think outside the box. Whether Dino succeeds or not, I am so happy we are not trying to be like everyone else anymore. If I were a BC fan, I'm not sure I could stand the boredom of a 7-5, conservative play calling, grind it out football team. Whats the point? While this year I would have gladly taken a military bowl birth, if that was top end, I think I'd probably have to move on to some other hobbies! :)

Ash - Rutgers HC - was just on WFAN and said exactly what you said - you cannot recruit the small guys that the big guys let go if you are going to win in the Big Ten or other big conferences.

Last edited by a moderator:
VirginiaOrange said:
Ash - Rutgers HC - was just on WFAN and said exactly what you said - you cannot recruit the small guys that the big guys let go if you are going to win in the Big Ten or other big conferences.

I don't think you plan on recruiting the small guys. You recruit and get who you can get.

Ash will figure that out.

As I understand the current commitment math it seems to be at 12 commits. One applied to last years class = 11. One likely attrition from current commits = 10 commits. That leaves 15 potential scolies. QB is set at 2. RB 2 maybe 3. OL/DL a couple more maybe. No reason not to load up on the areas of biggest need DEs, WRs, DBs. Some will move position and/or grow out of positions into new positions of need. We needs players in the words of former Coach Bobby Dodd; with "ile". "Agile, mobile and hostile". Keep the OVs coming.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom