Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

If 6-3, 205 is accurate, yeah, he needs a load of S&C to play DE. No way he's fast enough for OLB.

The pass on Parker continues to baffle me.

It baffles me to but 2 things I wonder; need and grades. Nobody else has picked up on Parker except for Indiana and they have zero academic standards and recruit a lot of marginal kids who end up at prep and juco.

regarding need- nearly every kid we're bringing is either a WR, DB or DE.

Recruiting Roundup: Twin DBs from Florida, Elijah and Elisha Daniels, Expecting Visit from SU Staff (the juice; Cheng)

With Chris Ash on board at Rutgers, the Scarlet Knights have started to scour the New Jersey talent pool, including former SU commit DyMelle Parker and current commit JamalHolloway writes
NJ.com’s Todderick Hunt. “Rutgers might be back in the mix. They called today (last Friday morning),” said Camden head coach Dwayne Savage.

nice spin by toad. "Rutgers might be back in the mix. They called today (last Friday morning)," said Camden head coach Dwayne Savage.

Here's toad's headline:
Rutgers back in the mix with 3-star Camden standouts Jamal Holloway and DyMelle Parker

It baffles me to but 2 things I wonder; need and grades. Nobody else has picked up on Parker except for Indiana and they have zero academic standards and recruit a lot of marginal kids who end up at prep and juco.

regarding need- nearly every kid we're bringing is either a WR, DB or DE.

Doesn't Indiana have a top 10 business school?

Doesn't Indiana have a top 10 business school?

who cares. they have zero academic standards for football players and they take a lot of cast offs, kids who've been in trouble.

Yes they do and it is called the Kelly School of Business...Mark Cuban's school.
Yup. They also have one of the best under grad music schools, but I figured the business school was more relevant. Apparently it's not. :rolleyes:

money, just saw you posted something on Rutgers board about Holloway's commitment. Can you fill us in?

I don't know what Money posted on there but I do know that RU is recruiting Holloway very hard.

Last edited:
Rumors, I was told that if I didn't hear a rumor by noon, I was to start one. lol And pray tell us "money" what is this all about.

Last edited:
Rumors, I was told that if I didn't hear a rumor by noon, I was to start one. lol And pray tell us "texascpa" what is this all about.

I just posted what he essentially said on the Rutgers board. Mind you, money is an SU fan, so I'm not sure why he's posting it there and not here.

And why did you put my username in quotes? :confused:

edit: just had an epiphany, did money intentionally post it on RU's board to play with them?

I just posted what he essentially said on the Rutgers board. Mind you, money is an SU fan, so I'm not sure why he's posting it there and not here.

edit: just had an epiphany, did money intentionally post it on RU's board to play with them?
I apologize to you "texascpa " personally, my bad wrong name. I changed it. Again my bad.

Okay, I think he is pulling their leg or playing with them. Here is his latest post over there:

Your absolutely right. Such a crappy place. The only crappy place in the country. Why do they even have a program? Die sewercuse Die

53 money3189, 4 minutes ago

Now, that said, I just noticed he did post the Holloway rumor in Riggins thread earlier today. So, who knows what's going on.

CuseLegacy and texascpa are both right. Rutgers are going after him hard because they need commits, he's a Jersey kid and Futgers staff wants to start a pipline with Camden. Also heard Cuse staff might not be so hot on him. We will see

CuseLegacy and texascpa are both right. Rutgers are going after him hard because they need commits, he's a Jersey kid and Futgers staff wants to start a pipline with Camden. Also heard Cuse staff might not be so hot on him. We will see
With our dearth of DE's, they'd better be hot on him. Unless they have others in the pipeline. But I'd rather not lose an NJ recruit who has committed.

With our dearth of DE's, they'd better be hot on him. Unless they have others in the pipeline. But I'd rather not lose an NJ recruit who has committed.

There are a lot of DE's visiting. A Miami (FL) commit, a former illinois commit, the kid from GA that is blowing up right now, to name a few. Coleman is already committed. My guess is we take 4 in this class.

There are a lot of DE's visiting. A Miami (FL) commit, a former illinois commit, the kid from GA that is blowing up right now, to name a few. Coleman is already committed. My guess is we take 4 in this class.
Hopefully, it's 4 we really want

Hopefully, it's 4 we really want

I agree. There's the kid that's the former Purdue commit too. I think we'll have a much clearer picture on the DE part of this recruiting class in the next week.

Seems like he'll be the last of the staff decommits. Was hoping it wasn't the case but the nj.com article doesn't give a fuzzy feeling if you're a Cuse fan that wanted him here.

Looking like another trust the staff situation.

Seems like he'll be the last of the staff decommits. Was hoping it wasn't the case but the nj.com article doesn't give a fuzzy feeling if you're a Cuse fan that wanted him here.

Looking like another trust the staff situation.

I think Thompson declaring early, Luke A opting out, and then Cheech and Chong and their issues probably affected this. He may still be a part of the class, but he absolutely needs a RS year at least, maybe more before he's physically ready for the position. With the lack of immediate depth maybe the staff feels that we don't have the time for that.