Class of 2016 - DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 DE Jamal Holloway (NJ) to UNLV

Just a reminder that today is the last day of the Dead Period and Jamal is visiting this week on 7/16.

We really should try to have annual matchups versus downstate/philly schools like Army and Temple.

I take that to mean that his "perspective" has been altered. He is giving them more thought. There is a Temple connection with his HS, but I can only hope we can beat Temple out, especially with one of his current friend/teammates already on board.

Halftime at a Temple home game.
Lincoln-Financial-Field-Eagles-Stadium-1230503141447.jpg

Free Article...

"Holloway released a Top 10 last week, so why is he on watch? Because Syracuse has long been in the thick of it and there were rumblings a few weeks ago that he would commit when linebacker teammate Dymelle Parker made his decision. Holloway said he will take some more time, but he is set to visit Syracuse on Thursday, and there is a chance he leaves as a member of the 2016 class."

Last edited by a moderator:
Did Holloway make it to the Cuse today and if so, any news or pics?

Free Article..

http://www.. . . . . . . . . /college/syracuse/story/1564242-holloway-blown-away-by-syracuse-visit

Jul 16, 2015 | 07:55 pm
Holloway "Blown Away" by Syracuse Visit
Camden (N.J.) High defensive end Jamal Holloway is Syracuse’s top target at the position in the 2016 class. He took a return visit on Thursday and said he was “blown away” by the trip.
A big reason why he was blown away was being able to meet a Hall of Famer that is part of the program and another figure to whom he looks up.
”Me and Mr. Little and Mr. Frazier, they were a couple of guys I kind of idolized,” Holloway said. “I can’t even explain it. I didn’t really expect to meet these guys. When I first saw them, I was just shocked.
”I didn’t even know they worked there. I was shocked. And they’re right next door to each other, that’s the crazy part. They’re best friends.”
Prior to the trip, Holloway indicated one of his biggest goals during the visit was to get a better feel for the academic side of the school. That had a big impact on the Camden High standout as well.
”I was really impressed with how they said they’re structured on how they want to run their system,” Holloway said. “The freshmen, the sophomores, juniors and seniors, they each have their own structured way of running academics. It’s great how they can help everybody out.”
Holloway spent most of his time on campus with his primary recruiter, assistant Bobby Acosta. The two discussed a variety of things, but most important was how wanted he is by the Orange coaching staff.

”He just talked about my future being at Syracuse,” Holloway said. “What it would be like being there. He showed me around more of the campus. More than what I’d seen the last time. I saw more of the science buildings where they have the astronomy class. I got a chance to see a couple more buildings like that. I saw the dorms.
”He kept telling me that I’m the number one target at defensive end. He was telling me that they really want me to commit to them. He was telling me that I’m a very big priority.”
Not only was Jamal blown away by the visit, but so were his parents. Syracuse made a big impression on them.
”My parents were very impressed by what they saw,” Holloway said. “They were blown away just like me. They were really shocked to see all this stuff. Meeting Mr. Frazier and Mr. Little, that helped out a lot. One thing that they said was good, was they kind of talk to all the student-athletes to keep them on track and stuff.
”I have no words to explain how honored we were to meet them.”
Holloway said Syracuse made a big impression on him during the visit and it had a strong impact on his recruitment.
”They’re definitely in the top five,” Holloway said. “They made a permanent spot.”
Despite being blown away, Holloway did not commit. He wants to let his recruitment play out a little big longer in order to make sure he finds the right fit.
Up next are a pair of visits. One to Rutgers on Monday, if they call him back to finalize, and then one to Old Dominion the following weekend. A decision will come after that, Holloway said, likely in late July or early August.

I love when kids go through their due diligence. Avoids the Tyus Battle type of situation.