Class of 2015 - DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 DE Keivonnis Davis (FL) Verballed to Florida

CuseLegacy
If he ends up in Orange at this point, I'll be surprised. The hand writing is and has been on the wall. Charmin soft.

I dont know if any of you agree, but, this sounds more like a being recruited over thing than a recruit stringing us along thing.
As soon as I read that he was still waiting for the SU coaches to tell him when they want him to visit in January I thought the exact same thing. With SU greyshirting the kid from Connecticut and not putting the press on this kid - seems like they feel pretty good about some other kids they have higher on their board. Seems like a good thing to me.

I believe he was offered and committed as a January enrollee so his commitment could be backdated. I don't think he is now able to enroll early so its all up in the air. I don't think he has been promised a spot as a Fall '15 enrollee.

With all the recent movement I'm thinking the staff is trying to clear the way for Sheppard, Stocker, both of the Largo boys and possibly another Jersey boy. If we can close like that I would be thrilled.

How the staff has kept the class together and actually seems to be gaining some momentum is amazing considering the season we've just had here. Kudos to all of them for their hard work and salesmanship in tough circumstances.

He is fishing for the Louisville offer and isn't getting it. It's getting late in the game for a January enroll to find a new home. He committed here because it was his best offer to date. I would be surprised if he got an offer during the dead period because he can't even visit the coaches on an unofficial.

i won't lose any sleep about not landing him. My preference is for Sheppard and/or Pickard at DE.

Add the Largo boys, Stocker and Fox call it day, that would be a sick close.

I wouldn't count on Fox he has dragged his feet since offered.

He is fishing for the Louisville offer and isn't getting it. It's getting late in the game for a January enroll to find a new home. He committed here because it was his best offer to date. I would be surprised if he got an offer during the dead period because he can't even visit the coaches on an unofficial.

They are still allowed to call. I have my doubts they will offer as they just signed a JUCO DE today.

I wouldn't count on Fox he has dragged his feet since offered.

If you're a UVA or Stanford fan are you making the same comments?

nobody should ever count 0n a recruit but he hasn't dragged his feet on us anymore than anyone else. I don't even really think he's been 'dragging his feet'. It's pretty normal for kids to wait until after their high school seasons to set up all their visits.

If you're a UVA or Stanford fan are you making the same comments?

nobody should ever count 0n a recruit but he hasn't dragged his feet on us anymore than anyone else. I don't even really think he's been 'dragging his feet'. It's pretty normal for kids to wait until after their high school seasons to set up all their visits.

I agree. Fox has not been talked about much, the sentiment seems to be that we are 3rd in line behind Stanford and UVA, but he hasn't visited any of the three schools officially, but visited all three unofficially I believe. We have a chance. A better than Dumb and Dumber chance.

B5JfBOCIcAEfvgG.jpg:large

better than I was expecting I thought he was going to be a straight decommit

Well I guess he's just holding a spot in the case Lville doesn't offer.
Agreed. Unfortunate thing is that now that he's not an early enrollee that he wouldn't be able to be backdated to 2014. Obviously decommitting eliminates that as an issue as well.

I can't help feeling that Ealey was his replacement by the staff. Davis just hasn't made it official yet.

Whitey, I think you got this cat pegged. There is no feeling at all that he wants to play at 'Cuse.

UofL signed a JUCO TE yesterday, Petrino is really going for JUCOs this year, who brings their 2015 commits to 25 but he will be a Jan enrollee. They probably only have room for a couple more commits.

UofL signed a JUCO TE yesterday, Petrino is really going for JUCOs this year, who brings their 2015 commits to 25 but he will be a Jan enrollee. They probably only have room for a couple more commits.

I guess Petrino didn't get the memo that JUCO's are bad for a program.

Or he doesn't like what Strong left for him in the cupboard.

Either way it's becoming more likely that if Davis wants Louisville, he might have to do it on his own dime. That said him backing off his enrollment date means he is going to give Louisville every opportunity to offer him before he begrudgingly takes our offer.

@Stephen_Bailey1
Syracuse DE commit Keivonnis Davis doesn't believe McDonald's departure will affect his status. Still waiting on a Louisville offer, though.