Deadspin covers JB's presser | Syracusefan.com

Deadspin covers JB's presser

djcon57

Living Legend
This isn't the best pub

http://deadspin.com/jim-boeheim-is-talking--about-his-own-players-again-1674562813

I'm sorry, but am I am going to give JB crap for this, it doesn't look good in any way, shape, or form. Trash the person who wrote this article, trash the boneyard, but this isn't a great way to bring in top recruits in the future.

The thing that bothered me the most is the question was about CM's struggles, nobody mentioned the draft, nobody mentioned the lottery, JB did, it's not right and I only think it hurts us going forward.

I'm sorry, but am I am going to give JB crap for this, it doesn't look good in any way, shape, or form. Trash the person who wrote this article, trash the boneyard, but this isn't a great way to bring in top recruits in the future.

The thing that bothered me the most is the question was about CM's struggles, nobody mentioned the draft, nobody mentioned the lottery, JB did, it's not right and I only think it hurts us going forward.

Boeheim has forgotten more basketball than you'll ever know doe

two3zone said:

How will it hurt us?

I wish he didn't do it, but I hope McC is listening to his coach call him out for being irrelevant the last few games.

How will it hurt us?

I wish he didn't do it, but I hope McC is listening to his coach call him out for being irrelevant the last few games.

I think it's obvious how it's going to hurt us.

If you're Bryant or another top flight recruit what are you thinking?

Boeheim has forgotten more basketball than you'll ever know doe

So has Isaiah Thomas but I'm sure I could have done a better job with the Knicks than he did.

What jb says about someone else is not going to effect TB.

As was pointed out on the radio today, he's been talking like this for years but the recruits keep coming.

What jb says about someone else is not going to effect TB.

No? We'll just have to disagree about that. I just don't see why a possible one and doner would come here when the coach obviously seems to have an issue with players leaving early or talk of them leaving early.

As was pointed out on the radio today, he's been talking like this for years but the recruits keep coming.

Yes and no, he hasn't been as bad as he's been talking about McCullough and this past year with Ennis and Grant.

JB is a coach- a very successful coach. People who coach are hired to give feedback in order to improve performance. Honest feedback is generally the best feedback in most situations. JB is giving his players feedback all the time, and I hope he gives them honest feedback.

With this presser JB is shining some light for fans and for media on how he is coaching a particular player right now. My sense is that JB's feedback tends to do more in the long run to increase a player's draft stock than to decrease it. I bet JB's motivation is always to improve a player's draft stock because that means the player improves with the feedback and helps JB's team to improve. It's December not April. Something tells me this player will be glad JB coached him.

This is true, however a number of the schools some posters on here envy because of their "elite" status, get more of the top of the line recruits consistently. While Im open minded to conspiracy theories, sometimes the answers are in plane(sic) sight. I truly enjoy JB and am grateful for him, but just like he sees room for improvement in players, I think it's fair to point out some of the simpler improvements JB has room for. To what exact degree this effects recruiting is admittedly speculation, as is much of what is written on this board. If I'm a player and on the fence, with all other things being equal I'd likely take the other choice. That said, I don't see it as a major issue and can appreciate JB expressing his true feelings.

Last edited:

If I'm an elite recruit, I'm thinking I'm a BAMF and I'm going to dominate everybody on the basketball court so coach won't have a reason to criticize me. I'm also thinking I want to win basketball games and Jim Boeheim gives me a significantly better shot at that than a lot of coaches.

Maybe that's just me though.

If I'm an elite recruit, I'm thinking I'm a BAMF and I'm going to dominate everybody on the basketball court so coach won't have a reason to criticize me. I'm also thinking I want to win basketball games and Jim Boeheim gives me a significantly better shot at that than a lot of coaches.

Maybe that's just me though.

So out of Syracuse, Kentucky and Ohio State you're picking Syracuse at this point?

No? We'll just have to disagree about that. I just don't see why a possible one and doner would come here when the coach obviously seems to have an issue with players leaving early or talk of them leaving early.

No, he has an issue with players letting it go to their head, like Donte Green. Or players leaving early based on ty draft predictions, like Grant or maybe Ennis (yes, other factors were at play too). He had no problem with Melo leaving, or Flynn, or Waiters, or Wes.

I expect the thinking that he purposely trashes players, just because he wants them to stay, from opposing fans. I don't expect it from Syracuse fans who should probably know better.

So out of Syracuse, Kentucky and Ohio State you're picking Syracuse at this point?

I'm definitely not picking Ohio State. I'm philosophically opposed to Kentucky, but I can't speak for top level recruits. It's probably a good thing Bryant isn't considering Kentucky, huh?

they also leave when maybe they would of stayed for other coaches

No, he has an issue with players letting it go to their head, like Donte Green. Or players leaving early based on ty draft predictions, like Grant or maybe Ennis (yes, other factors were at play too). He had no problem with Melo leaving, or Flynn, or Waiters, or Wes.

I expect the thinking that he purposely trashes players, just because he wants them to stay, from opposing fans. I don't expect it from Syracuse fans who should probably know better.

I never said that he trashes them so they will stay, he just trashes them for some reason, is it to motivate them? I don't know, but it comes off as petty. If Cal did this he would have a thread on here 10 pages long on how awful he is.

I love how this presser is so different and will be the one to harm us... Right. This is like #430 out of 900+ post game press conferences on the "was he out of line?" Meter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom