Deer Bud Poliquin, J. Slater and Syrascusefan | Syracusefan.com

Deer Bud Poliquin, J. Slater and Syrascusefan

MSTiger02

Walk On
First let me say, Yes, I know I spelled deer incorrectly. Its a Tigernetism acknowledging the the fact that writing a letter on the interwebs is dumb, funny and sometimes necessary. I have no idea where you (Bud) find this guy (Slater). The one Clemson fan willing to wear out his jaw to a non gamecock fanbase. If he is real, I can only imagine he is motivated by conference envy. Trying to stir up the hornets so they become impassioned and stomp a mudhole in the SEC in future bowl games. That is IF he is real. I know you (Bud) must be dying for clicks. I know you are in the business of getting clicks so that's not the issue but isn't there a line of professionalism to be drawn somewhere. Some one like that just happening to write inflammatory emails that just happen to be directed to you. Sure. totally believable. Now we all know that opinions are like buttholes so I wont try lay out every possible opinion of Clemson fans towards Syracuse. But I can speak in grand generalities as someone who knows a lot of people.

Clemson Fans loved their CNY experience - They came early, stayed late made it a vacation to a beautiful location. They enjoyed the city, the campus, the BBQ and the unique game atmosphere. "This place is AWESOME!" - Dabo Swinney upon entering the Carrier Dome on game day.

Clemson Fans like your coach - Why? Because he's just like our coach. Passionate and good recruiter. The school is more than the next job its his dream job and he loves the community. He's building a program and building men not just winning games. The general consensus is the that f-bombs were funny not offensive.

Clemson fans respect your history - well they don't know a lot of your history, (the 44 and Fort Drum etc) but they'll never forget Donovan McNabb. and its because of that butt whoopin' that we look past the past decade of decline and rebuild to what you really are. (You built a freakin' football DOME! Much respect.)

Clemson fans think you are a program on the rise - No, nobody thinks you'll beat us this year or even next but we know where you've been and how you've recruited in the past. We know what kind of money is coming into the program now, what you've got, what you're building and how you are beginning to recruit again.

So there might actually be a real jack hole who takes time bash a school he knows nothing about and there might be a jack hole who takes the opportunity to use him to paint an entire fan base with the same brush for the sake of clicks, but I can promise you this. Buy your tickets and and travel to Death Valley this fall and you will see what the real Clemson fan base is like. You will NOT go hungry, You will NOT go thristy, you will leave feeling the most welcomed and affectionate towards an enemy fanbase you have ever felt in you life. You'll mark your calender for 2016 and bring 4 more with you next time. You'll arrive wondering where to go and what to do and you'll leave feeling like you've been to a family reunion in which nobody seems to realize you aren't family. Don't read it from random emails (or forum posts) come and experience it for yourself. At Kickoff we'll be loud and crazy but never rude. You'll leave wishing you could come back sooner

See y'all in October

MSTiger02

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. -Steve Jobs

XALTIAKDIAFWOLB.20121205144022.jpg

Last edited:
Bud is like an aging grandfather who is a few cents short of a dollar. He's not in touch with the local fan bases, but that won't stop him from having something to say in the most indirect way possible.

Some of your fans got to be a little obnoxious - though I'm sure we were as well.

I don't get to many home games in the Dome, but I was pleasantly surprised by the number of Clemson fans at the Armory Square bars that weekend. The ones I spoke to at the game were all really nice and I liked that you brought you band. And it was fun to see the reaction your fans had when our band played your fight song.

I was really hoping to get to the game at Clemson this year; but unfortunately that just isn't going to work schedule wise. I really do have to make it there to experience your game day atmosphere.

And Bud is Bud. He's a CNY institution, and perhaps should be relegated to an institution in CNY.

I was at Clemson/Cuse game last year and had quite a good time partying with all the Clemson fans I met around town the night before the game. Saw a couple at all the bars I went to around campus. Very polite, although we talked a little trash in good fun. They had nothing but nice things to say about the town/campus and were fun people in general. They were also loud and proud in their section of the Dome, just great fans. No issues whatsoever with them. We are also a very loud and proud fanbase, but most of us here realize/believe we are a couple years away from truly contending for a conference championship. Also I want to thank you guys for beating Ohio State, and making our conference better. I love the challenge of our division and the excitement it brings to recruits and fans. Much respect my fellow ACC Brother! We'll see you at the top soon.

Bud is like an aging grandfather who is a few cents short of a dollar. He's not in touch with the local fan bases, but that won't stop him from having something to say in the most indirect way possible.
Bud regularly posts letters from Joe Masterleo. Now, I don't know Joe, but I have found most of his letters particularly snooty and ridiculous. He's welcome to his opinion on things, but I no longer read his ravings. Apologies in advance if one of you on this forum is actually Joe Masterleo, or if you are friend with him. :) Again, he may be a great guy, but I can't stand reading his letters that the Bud seems to like to post.

First let me say, Yes, I know I spelled deer incorrectly. Its a Tigernetism acknowledging the the fact that writing a letter on the interwebs is dumb, funny and sometimes necessary. I have no idea where you (Bud) find this guy (Slater). The one Clemson fan willing to wear out his jaw to a non gamecock fanbase. If he is real, I can only imagine he is motivated by conference envy. Trying to stir up the hornets so they become impassioned and stomp a mudhole in the SEC in future bowl games. That is IF he is real. I know you (Bud) must be dying for clicks. I know you are in the business of getting clicks so that's not the issue but isn't there a line of professionalism to be drawn somewhere. Some one like that just happening to write inflammatory emails that just happen to be directed to you. Sure. totally believable. Now we all know that opinions are like buttholes so I wont try lay out every possible opinion of Clemson fans towards Syracuse. But I can speak in grand generalities as someone who knows a lot of people.

Clemson Fans loved their CNY experience - They came early, stayed late made it a vacation to a beautiful location. They enjoyed the city, the campus, the BBQ and the unique game atmosphere. "This place is AWESOME!" - Dabo Swinney upon entering the Carrier Dome on game day.

Clemson Fans like your coach - Why? Because he's just like our coach. Passionate and good recruiter. The school is more than the next job its his dream job and he loves the community. He's building a program and building men not just winning games. The general consensus is the that f-bombs were funny not offensive.

Clemson fans respect your history - well they don't know a lot of your history, (the 44 and Fort Drum etc) but they'll never forget Donovan McNabb. and its because of that butt whoopin' that we look past the past decade of decline and rebuild to what you really are. (You built a freakin' football DOME! Much respect.)

Clemson fans think you are a program on the rise - No, nobody thinks you'll beat us this year or even next but we know where you've been and how you've recruited in the past. We know what kind of money is coming into the program now, what you've got, what you're building and how you are beginning to recruit again.

So there might actually be a real jack hole who takes time bash a school he knows nothing about and there might be a jack hole who takes the opportunity to use him to paint an entire fan base with the same brush for the sake of clicks, but I can promise you this. Buy your tickets and and travel to Death Valley this fall and you will see what the real Clemson fan base is like. You will NOT go hungry, You will NOT go thristy, you will leave feeling the most welcomed and affectionate towards an enemy fanbase you have ever felt in you life. You'll mark your calender for 2016 and bring 4 more with you next time. You'll arrive wondering where to go and what to do and you'll leave feeling like you've been to a family reunion in which nobody seems to realize you aren't family. Don't read it from random emails (or forum posts) come and experience it for yourself. At Kickoff we'll be loud and crazy but never rude. You'll leave wishing you could come back sooner

See y'all in October

MSTiger02

Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life. Don't be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people's thinking. Don't let the noise of others' opinions drown out your own voice. And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. -Steve Jobs

My wife and I are coming down to Clemson for this years game, so I guess I will soon experience it in person. Was with three Clemson fans at last years game, and both pre and post game they were very nice people with only good natured fan bias which is to be expected.

See y'all in October

MSTiger02

Great post. We realize that Bud is delusional. Honestly I'm surprised that he's still writing at the paper/website. I had the pleasure of spending 48 hours in your burgh when I had to take 3 PRAXIS teaching exams back to back to back on a spring Saturday. Enjoyed peering into your football stadium and enjoyed some local hospitality while I was there. Hopefully in a couple of years we can be a rivalry of peers rather than hammer and nail which we were a year ago and I suspect this year as well. If any Clemson fans want to know more about SU's football history, just go on YouTube and search Syracuse football 44 and I'm sure that will give you all you need to know. Welcome to our site!

See y'all in October

MSTiger02

meetsomeonewhohates.gif

I met Bud at the Chiefs hot stove night as he said he was not a Syracuse U. sports fan(forgot who he roots for) But he is getting paid to write articles...that's all
For some reason I think he's a UConn alum/fan snd you know the saying . . . .

Last edited:
Bud regularly posts letters from Joe Masterleo. Now, I don't know Joe, but I have found most of his letters particularly snooty and ridiculous. He's welcome to his opinion on things, but I no longer read his ravings. Apologies in advance if one of you on this forum is actually Joe Masterleo, or if you are friend with him. :) Again, he may be a great guy, but I can't stand reading his letters that the Bud seems to like to post.

I finally had to stop reading his letters too. Long winded and ridiculous - a brutal combination!

Geez, there really is a Joe Masterleo? I always thought that was an alias for Mrs. Pud Boliquin?

Bud is a cancer on Syracuse Football. He regularly bashes and speaks incredibly negative towards the sport in general. If it is not played on a diamond, he does not like it. He knows more about the phantom of the opera than he does about the #1 sport, by far, in the USA. Pretty sad commentary on the state of CNY sports reporting, considering he is supposed to be the premier sports writer in town. I cringe every time I see a football related story with his name attached.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom