Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

Good for him. I personally will be happy when he signs his letter of intent to syracuse.

He clearly reads this stuff so can we all relax? He is a huge part of our recruiting class and we cant have another shawn williams case on our hands
Leave the personal out of it, the kid has his own mind to make up, and we all want it to be Orange if that is what he wants as well.

Hey guys, Who is in line for our center this year with Mackey graduating? Is it likely one of our guards will be sliding over? I don't know about you guys, but the more I think about it, Ward is the key of all the remaining recruits. We definately need a skill guy with great potential that can contribute early!

Hey guys, Who is in line for our center this year with Mackey graduating? Is it likely one of our guards will be sliding over? I don't know about you guys, but the more I think about it, Ward is the key of all the remaining recruits. We definately need a skill guy with great potential that can contribute early!
Emerich was the backup. Big 33 guy, looking forward to big things from him this year.

Emerich is the guy. Staff loves him, and so did the prior one, which is even more comforting.

No doubt that Ward is key to the remainder of the recruiting class.

Old staff really liked Kyle Knapp, too.

i still really like Kyle Knapp. just my opinion, but he seemed far more impressive then Lasker the times I have seen him. Obviously the staff feels differently, but it could have been because of all the time he missed in Fall camp from a pretty bad concussion. Or Lasker may just be better, either way good problem to have.

As for Emerich he has been groomed for this for the past 2 seasons. He will be the starting center next season unless he gets injured

As others have said, it will be Emerich's job to lose. If he struggles, the other two options appear to be Miller or moving Trudo to C.

Ward is the biggest recruit IMO b/c we need another frontline OT prospect.

i still really like Kyle Knapp. just my opinion, but he seemed far more impressive then Lasker the times I have seen him. Obviously the staff feels differently, but it could have been because of all the time he missed in Fall camp from a pretty bad concussion. Or Lasker may just be better, either way good problem to have.

As for Emerich he has been groomed for this for the past 2 seasons. He will be the starting center next season unless he gets injured

Yeah, I really liked Knapp's tape coming out of HS in Michigan, even more than Emerich. I suspect that injuries have limited his progress to a degree. It would be great for depth if Knapp pushes for time next fall.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 2h
One week away I'll be faxing in that binding agreement between me and that university , finally

T
I'd like to congratulate you on winning the Reading Something Into Something That Could Mean Absolutely Anything championship!
Thank you for the honor, but your a tough act to follow in my humble opinion. lol.

@DWard75_: Coach Beckman of University of Illinois came by, offered me today.That was such an joke coming at the end of my process. Lol state school

Ouch...

So yeah, kids aren't all huge fans of late offers...

@DWard75_: Coach Beckman of University of Illinois came by, offered me today.That was such an joke coming at the end of my process. Lol state school

Ouch...

Best thing for our recruiting in the state of Illinois, besides our staff, is Beckman being the coach at Illinois. Not for making a late offer but because he is an arrogant SOB. Not likable at all, kids don't want to play for him. Give him an extension!

Best thing for our recruiting in the state of Illinois, besides our staff, is Beckman being the coach at Illinois. Not for making a late offer but because he is an arrogant SOB. Not likable at all, kids don't want to play for him. Give him an extension!
True. On the flip side, Shafer is a very likable guy. The reality of recruiting is sales. The likability factor is a huge part of that. No knock on Marrone but I don't think he has what Shafer has in that department and we will see the return year over year.

True. On the flip side, Shafer is a very likable guy. The reality of recruiting is sales. The likability factor is a huge part of that. No knock on Marrone but I don't think he has what Shafer has in that department and we will see the return year over year.

I think that is a very fair knock on Marrone.