Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

Thats awesome, before the visit seemed Taggert had the lead for this kid. Thank God Shafer is thee closer

Shafer is real, Shafer has knows Chicago, you have some good Chicago kids heading to Cuse and our education and football exposure is heads above anything Taggert can offer. Sure they have the weather and he might see the field a year earlier but if the kid wants a great education and a shot at the nfl we are the best bet

Shafer is real, Shafer has knows Chicago, you have some good Chicago kids heading to Cuse and our education and football exposure is heads above anything Taggert can offer. Sure they have the weather and he might see the field a year earlier but if the kid wants a great education and a shot at the nfl we are the best bet
If you're a Yankee fan, be happy Theo didn't contract with Shafer to recruit Tanaka or he'd be a Cub instead.

Last edited:
Denzel Ward‏@DWard75_19h
That video I just sent @ALLEN_EDWARD2 lmao

Denzel Ward‏@DWard75_16 hrs
@CameronLynch3 wassup my brother !

Cameron Lynch ‏@CameronLynch316h
@DWard75_ was hangin big homie

Denzel Ward‏@DWard75_16h
@CameronLynch3 nothing much bro chilling, hows it up there in cold cuse.

@DWard75_ mann cold bruh but we still hangin... The grind dont stop you made it back okay ??

Denzel Ward‏@DWard75_16h
@CameronLynch3 yeah bro y'all got too, i had an hour and 20 minute delay lol.

@DWard75_ oh okay thats not too bad ay dm me your number

Yup. Tight with the Cuse boys.

What I love is the kid from Georgia saying yeah it's cold but it doesnt matter because we grinding. love it.

Oh this kid from Georgia... or the Georgia kid who retweeted? lol.

George Ⓜ️orris II‏@GMII27Jan 22
I swear I'm never living in the North again in my life this is ridiculous -11 degrees not even going to say what the wind chill is !
Retweeted by Cameron Lynch

Oh this kid from Georgia... or the Georgia kid who retweeted? lol.

George Ⓜ️orris II‏@GMII27Jan 22
I swear I'm never living in the North again in my life this is ridiculous -11 degrees not even going to say what the wind chill is !
Retweeted by Cameron Lynch
well, I'm from the north, and that temp is ridiculous - lol

A lot of great recruits coming. some key pieces still to give us a commitment. But WARD is the one I want the most! A highly regarded, huge OT is like gold...and we have none in this class. I really hopes he wears Orange. Imagine showing him to qb and rb prospects in the future... we can point to this little fellow...aka...an eclipse to block for you in the future too!

What i thought he was done with OV's

He was done with them. WAS being the key word. Ugh. This kid has decommitted twice already so I guess we can't expect it to be too smooth, eh?

Maybe he just wants to use up all his officals, but hopefully will be looking at the campus through orange color glasses.

Last edited:
He was done with them. WAS being the key word. Ugh. This kid has decommitted twice already so I guess we can't expect it to be too smooth, eh?
Exactly. Anything worth achieving is gonna take alot of work. Its grind time for all college coaches. Coaches are desperate and will do or say anything to a recruit to make an impression. So this doesnt surprise me at all

Vanderbilt is where Syracuse was two years ago at this point - scrambling to keep recruits and win others with a new staff. The new head coach is from Stanford and although they did not offer, they recruited Ward. The rumored offensive coordinator is the former UCLA head coach who did offer. Great school in the SEC with several connections to the kid. Not shocking when you dig deeper.

Vanderbilt is where Syracuse was two years ago at this point - scrambling to keep recruits and win others with a new staff. The new head coach is from Stanford and although they did not offer, they recruited Ward. The rumored offensive coordinator is the former UCLA head coach who did offer. Great school in the SEC with several connections to the kid. Not shocking when you dig deeper.
Vandy is in a tough spot and scrambling to recover from Franklin's move and a good class that's seen a lot of flips. DW was scheduled to visit UCLA and cancelled. Wonder if the new staff there is promising immediate PT? I think we're still solid with DW, but we'll need to continue the love and attention. Wouldn't be surprised of another in-home next week. Whew! I don't envy our staff's job one bit. The next couple of weeks will be a roller coaster ride for sure. Strap in and enjoy the ride, there will be more surprises and bumps in the road as everything plays out.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 39m
If anyone wants to question my loyalty or reasoning then you don't know the root of this trip, I'll give you guys the inside on it soon.
That's cool. I remember his quote when he stepped off the plane last week. "Open Eyes, Open Mind".

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 39m
If anyone wants to question my loyalty or reasoning then you don't know the root of this trip, I'll give you guys the inside on it soon.

Dang, kid is sensitive. He's a faux celebrity right now. He's gonna hear it from every side. Get used to it Denzel, can't make everyone happy!

That's cool. I remember his quote when he stepped off the plane last week. "Open Eyes, Open Mind".

Hopefully his quote when he steps off the plane today is, "Hey, what the hell, might as well take a free trip to Nashville"