Class of 2014 - Denzel Ward | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Denzel Ward

As I posted elsewhere, I think Hickey coming back should make SU more attractive to him. Besides getting to learn from a probable pro, it keeps Lasker and Knapp from putting a hold on that spot next year, as it's rare a true Freshman starts at LT.

I wouldn't read into that tweet. Only thing that concerns me is him fleeing for warmer pastures. UCLA is more of a threat than USF. I have a feeling he will OV in LA in commit there. I hope not

USF just received commitment from OT Ben Knox and wondering if this will play into DW's decision.

USF just received commitment from OT Ben Knox and wondering if this will play into DW's decision.

I really, really, really, really, really want to land this player.

Ward would be an outstanding "get," and a player who would be the heir apparent for Hickey the year after next.

He is their first OT commit, they have two OG commits as well. 24 verbals total. No clue about the depth of their team on the Oline but it would seem as if they can fit Ward in.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 2h
Coach G from South Florida came through today!

dang man leave the kid alone why dont ya! Just not sure we can beat the BS USF is throwing at him. Also saw today that he's from Tampa and just moved to Chicago for school. The desire to go home is probably very strong.

dang man leave the kid alone why dont ya! Just not sure we can beat the BS USF is throwing at him. Also saw today that he's from Tampa and just moved to Chicago for school. The desire to go home is probably very strong.

USF is such a disaster right now good chance for a true freshmen to play from day one.

If he wants to go to a complete rebuild in the AAC instead of sitting a year at an ACC program with a chance to start as a true frosh what are you going to do.

USF AD got fired today

@McMurphyESPN: Decision to replace Woolard because of “wide-ranging dissatisfaction” w/USF's football & men’s hoop programs, sources said

USF AD got fired today

@McMurphyESPN: Decision to replace Woolard because of “wide-ranging dissatisfaction” w/USF's football & men’s hoop programs, sources said

Seems a little late for this if they were going to bring in new coaching staff. Definitely will put some folks on the hot seat.

edit: Looks like he will be there until the end of his contract June 2015.

Last edited:
USF AD got fired today

They must really be desperate to land Ward!

Seems a little late for this if they were going to bring in new coaching staff. Definitely will put some folks on the hot seat.

edit: Looks like he will be there until the end of his contract June 2015.
"In an unspecified role"

Not a great confidence builder for the current staff.

Syracuse needs to land this kid. I think a verbal this weekend would make us all pretty happy.

I think this move will haunt this kid for a long time if he picks USF over us so he can start a year earlier.

Denzel Ward ‏@DWard75_ 9h
Got an official tomorrow but I want people to take a visit where I'm from, watch this and see why I feel so blessed !http://m.worldstarhiphop.com/apple/video.php?v=wshh7F3lC244E21i1n8C…

I loved working in the Chicago metro area as it was my large city. NYC is neat also but it has areas that I would never travel into. I just down to South Florida in the Venice area and I had head something I never heard before but it made great sense. The police stations had dumpsters set up at Christmas time to collect the boxes and packaging of the gifts so criminals would not see what merchandise homeowners were putting out in the trash. Every night they would remind the homeowners to turn in the containers in the local news.

MikeClarkPreps ‏@mikeclarkpreps 51m
With signing day approaching, hearing @DWard75_ is planning news conference to announce his choice
Retweeted by Denzel Ward

I guess we will not know this weekend.