Desko Announces 2015-16 Newcomers | Syracusefan.com

Desko Announces 2015-16 Newcomers

Head coach John Desko announced the addition of 16 student-athletes to the Syracuse lacrosse program for the 2015-16 season on Friday.

2015-16 Signee Profiles

"I'm extremely happy with the progress of the freshmen and transfers," Desko said. "Almost all are currently fighting for playing time at their positions. The group is very athletic with a high lacrosse IQ. I'm very pleased with progress we've seen so far from them."

This year's class features 13 freshmen, a group that ranks eighth in Inside Lacrosse's list of the top-20 recruiting classes in the nation. The group also features eight student-athletes in the magazine's Power-100, led by midfielder Sam Romano (26th), and defenseman Nick Mellen (30th) and Tyson Bomberry (41st), who are all ranked in the top-50.

The group is bolstered by three talented transfers, including Nick Mariano, who was the top-scorer at UMass last season.

Didn't realize Solomon's uncle is Paul Pasqualoni...pretty cool.

Kinda pathetic that Cuse.com simply identifies Coach P as "d-line coach for the Houston Texans" with no mention of his tenure as SU's HC.

Didn't realize Solomon's uncle is Paul Pasqualoni...pretty cool.

Kinda pathetic that Cuse.com simply identifies Coach P as "d-line coach for the Houston Texans" with no mention of his tenure as SU's HC.
My guess - the intern who wrote it up simply didn't know. :noidea:

Reese Belcher is not enrolled at Syracuse... I heard disciplinary issues
Interesting - he is still in the student directory. Unless it's another Reece Belcher ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom