Deston Hawkins in the portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Deston Hawkins in the portal

We would never know cause Babers doesn’t give the #2 back any carries. Deleone always went 2 deep and the 3rd guy would get token carries. I think the new staff will give two backs regular carries. Looking forward to it.
Absolutely. Another mystery that will never be solved. Imagine the stones going into the season with 1 RB and that RB had to sue the University late in the year to even get on the field .

Core special team guy who got cut. Hmm makes a lot of sense.
You’ve become ridiculous. Two completely different fact patterns.

but knock yourself out if that makes you happy

See these hail mary west coast JUCO signings were absurd as we brought them in. Just shows how little interest Babers was able to drum up if we were handing these schollies out late in the cycle. It was basically to make sure we had 85 guys. Bizarre when they were offered and only confirms the point now with none of them touching the field and all being cut loose now. I’m set with JUCO’s unless you are getting the big time ones with SEC offers. These no name, no offers, from the other coast have worked maybe once (Goggins).
Siriki Diabate was a good one. 2012 Team Co Captain. His only other offer was Akron. He was definitely an exception to the rule.

Actually I totally forgot about Parkmann - that’s a valid point. But to have to bring on 2 obscure JUCO RB’s is a bit of a stretch.
It was a stretch but we knew that Parkman and Daniels both were not going to be game ready as Freshman, especially after watching the Spring game. Price was also a question mark after not showing much promise in 2022. I understand why Babers did it with Allen having his issues, but too little too late.

All due respect for the kid, but I hope the other JUCO back JJ Branham is next. Seems like it would be in the best interest of both parties. We need the scholarship to upgrade the roster and I’m sure JJ doesn’t want to spend the rest of his college career as the 5th RB off the bench.
From the stories posted, Branham has overcome some diversity throughout his career. Wish the best to him wherever he goes.

You’ve become ridiculous. Two completely different fact patterns.

but knock yourself out if that makes you happy
You’ve always been ridiculous. Imagine for 2+ decades having yourself convinced that nothing was wrong? You’re posting history regarding that topic and how everything was always ok and anyone who questioned just how great things really were always were met with a snarky comment.

So just who is the ridiculous one?

Last edited:
Siriki Diabate was a good one. 2012 Team Co Captain. His only other offer was Akron. He was definitely an exception to the rule.
Guthrie, Diabate and Tiller are good examples. John Miller and Lakeim Williams too. But there have been a lot of bad examples as well, specially the late JUCO adds in the ‘23 class. I don’t think anyone is going to argue taking JUCO’s who are multi year starters, or solid rotational players, all conference guys or further NFL’ers. It’s the guys we’re taking that are none of that in lieu of high school players because we’ve repeatedly whiffed during a class. That’s the distinction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom